• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

Roubjon

It should be noted that on cool challenge ( already wrote that how i play [COOL MASTER]) the game needs percise timing on every note and that reckless swap will lead you to your doom.I praise the fact that if i want to play strict , i can ( all part of the gameplay ) since crypton shouldn't IMO go on the hardcore rythm game route .

I don't think it's even possible for them to go the hardcore route because the gameplay doesn't allow it. You can only make the note charts so hard until they are just a constant stream of 16th notes, which is really boring because all you are doing is hitting one button at a time.

I had no idea you could just mash out the star notes in the game. That's something they could fix if you ask me. Anything that encourages button mashing in a rhythm game is a turn-off. DJMAX had something like this in a couple of their games and it sucked. But like you said, it allows you to play strictly if you want to while at the same time it provides a lineancy for players who aren't looking for that.

Well they aren't safe notes like starcreator is describing them IMO BUt they have a window of opportunity higher than the rest ... For the stars aren't meant to be "like" the regular notes in the first place.mashing in a set of star notes in a row will result in failure in most cases as you have to keep a certain sense of rythm while using them

Stark

Banned
Had the hardest time perfecting World End Dancehall just now. Didn't really attempt to do the hardest difficulties in the previous PD's.

At least it improves my speed.

Wonko_C

Well they aren't safe notes like starcreator is describing them IMO BUt they have a window of opportunity higher than the rest ... For the stars aren't meant to be "like" the regular notes in the first place.mashing in a set of star notes in a row will result in failure in most cases as you have to keep a certain sense of rythm while using them

Since Star Notes have no SAFE and SAD timings I can actually rub the screen as fast as I can when there is a series of tricky star notes. (Freely Tomorrow on Hard for example) It makes me play lazy because I just rub/mash on those sections without fear of losing my combo. I only do that when I want to perfect a song for the first time, though. When I play just for fun I try to do the scratching motions properly, and I am actually getting better at it.

Jawmuncher

I'm pretty sure you don't need perfects on all the songs to get a platinum. That would be asinine. You mainly just have to buy everything in the store and use all of the features the game has to offer in order to get a platinum.

Here's the trophy list for the game.

The most time consuming things on there is maxing out the friendship levels for all the characters and seeing all of the events in the DIVA rooms.

Ok cool, im getting a bit better now (Greats more often) and im really having a blast.
Also Diva mode is a bit more addicting than it has any right to be.

Roubjon

I got to playing those final couple of songs on extreme last night and they are such a step higher in difficulty. I'll persevere though. I'm stubborn enough to keep playing the same song over and over until I get a perfect.

And my vote for the least enjoyable song in the game has got to go to the NyanNyanNyan song. The constant changes to a really slow BPM screw me up all the time, and the song is so bad in comparison to most of the other songs in the game. Except that final song in the game, I can't stand that.

I got to playing those final couple of songs on extreme last night and they are such a step higher in difficulty. I'll persevere though. I'm stubborn enough to keep playing the same song over and over until I get a perfect.

And my vote for the least enjoyable song in the game has got to go to the NyanNyanNyan song. The constant changes to a really slow BPM screw me up all the time, and the song is so bad in comparison to most of the other songs in the game. Except that final song in the game, I can't stand that.

+1 for Nyan Nyan being annoying
-1 for the last song dislike -- I think it's cute!

Need to get back to this. Roubjob, we need to challenge one another :)

Roubjon

+1 for Nyan Nyan being annoying
-1 for the last song dislike -- I think it's cute!

Need to get back to this. Roubjob, we need to challenge one another :)

The last song is just soooooooooo "cute" to the point where I think it's being really cheesy lol. I mean, I guess I think it's hilarious in a way.

And yes, we need to post our scores so we can one-up each other. That would make the game way more fun.

Jucksalbe

Banned
The last song is just soooooooooo "cute" to the point where I think it's being really cheesy lol. I mean, I guess I think it's hilarious in a way.

It reminds me of a Band Aid song or something like that. But I guess it's supposed to be some kind of epilogue anyway given that it's much easier than the two songs before it. In that way it's nice, but it's certainly not one of the better songs.

Stark

Banned
Is that sarcasm? I don't enjoy playing it at all, lol. I do like opening those doors and hitting those buttons in the beginning though.

It's great. Fun to play and I love listening to it.

Actually, I have to love it since its a cosMo song. <3

Some of these songs on extreme are extremly annoying ...

I want this platiniuim tiara but extreme is a challenge for me ..

any tip for the second song and sadistic factory ?

Is that sarcasm? I don't enjoy playing it at all, lol. I do like opening those doors and hitting those buttons in the beginning though.

No joke. I really enjoy it. And I actually find it much easier than negative/positive continues which I think is the hardest song in the game.

Roubjon

No joke. I really enjoy it. And I actually find it much easier than negative/positive continues which I think is the hardest song in the game.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I played negative/postive continues 6 times in a row trying to get some of those patterns down, but wow it's so hard. I can't figure out whether to use both the dpad and the buttons to hit some of those streams or just the buttons. When I use the dpad and buttons I usually accidentally push an extra button at the end of a string of notes and it screws me over, but trying to hit those extended strings with only one finger gets difficult after a while and I end up losing my rhythm.

Extreme Perfect #3 is Catfood, after Nostalgic and ACUTE. Got a 1 safe clear on the way too... wonder if I've done that 10 times already.

Roubjon

So right now I just made a playlist of all of the PVs in the game so I can get that dumb trophy for "watching" all of them. Then after that all I have to do is get all of the loading screen artworks, which is something that will happen eventually, and then I got that platinum trophy.

It's a great feeling when I unlock everything in a rhythm game, because all that's left is the awesome gameplay and I don't have to worry about anything else.

10/12 Weekly Diva Station update: Big Echo has a Project DIVA f themed karaoke room until 11/30 (click through, it's cute!). There's also a small blurb at the beginning that notes the f development team has already moved on to developing the PS3 version of the game.

I'm pretty sure you don't need perfects on all the songs to get a platinum. That would be asinine.

A bit off topic, but all three Dreamy Theater entries require exactly that to complete their trophies. (No Platinum since they're not retail games.)

Roubjon

A bit off topic, but all three Dreamy Theater entries require exactly that to complete their trophies. (No Platinum since they're not retail games.)

That's crazy. I mean, I know I'd have a lot of fun doing it, but I'm sure it is frustrating for a lot of people.

I ordered Project Diva F from play asia and I can´t wait it to arrive at my house!!

How many songs are in this game???

And how many dlc are out there? (are they worth it?)

Nyan cat song sold me on this <3.

I ordered Project Diva F from play asia and I can´t wait it to arrive at my house!!

How many songs are in this game???

And how many dlc are out there? (are they worth it?)

Nyan cat song sold me on this <3.

32 songs. No DLC available at this time. Some extra character DLC has been announced, but no release/pricing details yet. You will need to have a Japanese PSN account attached to your Vita to be able to make use of any future DLC.

32 songs. No DLC available at this time. Some extra character DLC has been announced, but no release/pricing details yet. You will need to have a Japanese PSN account attached to your Vita to be able to make use of any future DLC.

Thanks for the info!! at least there is no DLC songs yet that would make me do use a japanese account.

Thanks for the info!! at least there is no DLC songs yet that would make me do use a japanese account.

Key word bolded. I'd still switch to a Japanese account to be safe, as unlocking everything in the game takes forever and it's not something I'd want to do a second time.

Kazzy

I just booted this back up and decided to mop up on the trophies. Surprisingly, there aren't any detailed guides to this end, so can anyone help with these really specific few that I have left?

Get all DIVA room events

Upload edit data once

Acquire all artwork (I realize that this is one is pretty much playing the odds)

Play your favorite Edit song

Play your favorite Edit song

Download an edit. I don't have a menu translation handy but I was able to do this without too much issue without one. Once downloaded pick the gameplay option on from the main menu, then the edit play option to the right (vs normal gameplay in the middle). Your downloaded edit should be there; before you select it, hit Triangle to mark it as favorite. Play the song and the trophy should fire after you finish it.

It has to be a downloaded edit; you can't favorite an edit you create yourself.

Kazzy

Download an edit. I don't have a menu translation handy but I was able to do this without too much issue without one. Once downloaded pick the gameplay option on from the main menu, then the edit play option to the right (vs normal gameplay in the middle). Your downloaded edit should be there; before you select it, hit Triangle to mark it as favorite. Play the song and the trophy should fire after you finish it.

It has to be a downloaded edit; you can't favorite an edit you create yourself.

Hm, I used the translated shots, but it doesn't extend to the edit mode menus (unless I'm missing some). I fumbled around a bit but couldn't find anything.

yyr

Since Star Notes have no SAFE and SAD timings I can actually rub the screen as fast as I can when there is a series of tricky star notes. (Freely Tomorrow on Hard for example) It makes me play lazy because I just rub/mash on those sections without fear of losing my combo. I only do that when I want to perfect a song for the first time, though. When I play just for fun I try to do the scratching motions properly, and I am actually getting better at it.

Yeah, I was wondering why I was able to get a Perfect on Freely Tomorrow (HARD) yesterday without actually "getting" the timing on that weird line of star notes. I figured I just got lucky. But yeah wow.

I cannot even believe how much fun the Extreme chart for Negative-Positive*Continue is. Even failing it on my first try with a 79.6, I had an amazing time playing it. Awesome.

any tip for the second song and sadistic factory ?

Never, ever slow down on the second song, heh...

You can lump me in with the others who love Sadistic Music Factory. Got the Perfect on Hard already and *almost* managed an Excellent on Extreme...still can't get the timing down on the first Challenge section (nailed the second already). The only real advice I can give is to play it over and over and over and over...once you understand the timing better, it's REALLY not as hard as it looks. Also, DEFINITELY alternate between the D-pad and buttons during the fastest runs. Not only is it 100x easier than mashing one button, it helps you keep the timing better as well.

Wonko_C

Reached 100 hours yesterday, with no sign of stopping. I got the "No Diva, No Life" (what are they getting at? hmm...) title for that. :)

rwqUT.jpg

Roubjon

Reached 100 hours yesterday, with no sign of stopping. I got the "No Diva, No Life" (what are they getting at? hmm...) title for that. :)

http://i.imgur.com/rwqUT.jpg

Nice. I like how you camped out on that page until you hit the exact 100:00:00 lol.

I've still been playing it a ton since I got it. I'm at the point where I'm really close to perfecting all of the songs on extreme, but I always end up getting that 1 Safe. It sucks because the songs are so long and the hardest parts of the songs always come up at the end.

Nice. I like how you camped out on that page until you hit the exact 100:00:00 lol.

I've still been playing it a ton since I got it. I'm at the point where I'm really close to perfecting all of the songs on extreme, but I always end up getting that 1 Safe. It sucks because the songs are so long and the hardest parts of the songs always come up at the end.

So you got that in-game award for 10 clears with exactly 1 Safe? =p

yyr

Not crazy hard or anything, but man that flamin' building and crazy explosions made that perfect badass.

Whenever I see that, I always have the same thought:
"Shouldn't you, like...GET OUT OF THERE, or something?"

And I got the 10 clears with 1 safe as well. To add insult to injury, I was trying to Perfect "Do You Kotonano?" (or whatever it's called) at the time, and...had it all the way through, until--the last note of the song being a hold--I got a Safe pressing it down. For THAT I unlocked the award. So at first I thought it was "get 1 Safe, on the last note" but it turned out not to be, heh.

Roubjon

I just played this for 2 hours straight and managed to perfect all of the Easy mode songs and a couple more Hard mode songs. It think it's gotten to the point where I know the songs themselves in and out so the game is just simpler now. I'm still having a blast 50 hours in though. I need more rhythm games in my life, they are literally some of the only games that can capture my my attention for so long. Something is just so damn satisfying about them, and I love how I can just pick it up and play a song that only dedicates a couple of minutes of my time.

Top Bottom