• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

jimmypython

From HACHIMA, PS3 version of Project Diva F will release next spring. It shares the system data and edit data with the Vita version.

And the PS3 version will have new songs and modules from the Vita version, as well as new modes.

10/30 Weekly Diva Station update: the previously announced Neru, Haku, and Teto DLC will be released on 11/6 for 600 yen.

nht.jpg

We would need a Japanese account on our vita for these right?

Stark

Banned
From HACHIMA, PS3 version of Project Diva F will release next spring. It shares the system data and edit data with the Vita version.

And the PS3 version will have new songs and modules from the Vita version, as well as new modes.

Yep. To be specific 6 new songs.

Famitsu this week has first details on the PlayStation 3 version of Hatsune Miku Project Diva F.

The PlayStation Vita version of the game is stylized with a lowercase “f.” The PlayStation 3 version, however, uses an uppercase “F.”

The game will add six new songs, additional modules and customization items, and is compatible with the PS Vita version’s system and edit data.

There are plans to add a new modes, however, details were not shared. The PS Vita version’s Scratch and AR system will not be available through the PlayStation 3 version. Star icons are still there, though, but with different implementations.

http://gematsu.com/2012/10/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-ps3-first-details

10/31 Weekly Diva Station update: an update patch for Dreamy Theater extend will be released on 11/5. Patch notes:

• Improved compatibility with edit data.
  • Eliminated framerate drops in certain stage/module combinations.
  • Fixed the timing in Iroha Uta and Stargazer.
  • Performed module rendering optimizations.
  • Uraomote Lovers added to Live Viewing mode.

diva_dt_live_uraomote01.jpg

This is something that I'm not sure how anyone else feels on the subject, but I'm so happy that the PS3 version of Project Diva F has graphics that do not look like Project Diva Arcade or Dreamy Theater. The thing that put me off the most about those games' presentation was the massive uncanny valley effect brought on by the "real doll"-looking models that they used for the Vocaloids. It seemed to make my mind jump those mental leaps into the unfortunate connotations related to those things, whereas the graphics for the portable Project Diva games didn't do anything but represent them as incidental game characters in a music game.

I dunno, it was just something that I was holding my breath over regarding the PS3 game's announcement and I'm glad to see that it looks the way it does. Hope the DLC situation isn't too bad, there's precedent for games on Vita and PS3 sharing DLC so I don't know how badly they'd have to bungle things to mess it up. >_>

Kazzy

This is something that I'm not sure how anyone else feels on the subject, but I'm so happy that the PS3 version of Project Diva F has graphics that do not look like Project Diva Arcade or Dreamy Theater. The thing that put me off the most about those games' presentation was the massive uncanny valley effect brought on by the "real doll"-looking models that they used for the Vocaloids.

Agreed. Whenever I have seen screenshots in this thread, they always look boring, bland, and sterile. A far cry from the vibrant style of the portable games.

MoosiferX

Just picked up a white Vita to play Project Diva F which arrive the other day - my first Project Diva game! Holy crap it's a lot of fun. I've just been going through on Normal mode trying to learn the songs I don't know, and have only cleared a couple of songs in Hard mode.

I was surprised how much I loved the Len song "Fire Flower". Such a blast to play!

Hearing about some of you platinuming/getting close to platinuming this game is mind blowing. I've been playing for just a few hours and my right hand is like, trembling. Do you guys do stretches before you play? xD

^My lil bro helped me out clear many songs on Hard and Extreme, I wouldn't have the platinum without him! All in all it took us 41 hours. :)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Hearing about some of you platinuming/getting close to platinuming this game is mind blowing. I've been playing for just a few hours and my right hand is like, trembling. Do you guys do stretches before you play? xD

The platinum is not that hard to do (just a grind). The perfects some people do on extreme levels however, that's something to be impressed about.
And my hands sweat as hell when I'm close to a perfect (on normal only for me though)

Stark

Banned
This is something that I'm not sure how anyone else feels on the subject, but I'm so happy that the PS3 version of Project Diva F has graphics that do not look like Project Diva Arcade or Dreamy Theater. The thing that put me off the most about those games' presentation was the massive uncanny valley effect brought on by the "real doll"-looking models that they used for the Vocaloids. It seemed to make my mind jump those mental leaps into the unfortunate connotations related to those things, whereas the graphics for the portable Project Diva games didn't do anything but represent them as incidental game characters in a music game.

Yeah, definitely. It looks like a polished version of f's models and that's how it should be. Dreamy Theater's looks so strange.

The game is very easy ..Except those 4 song in extreme difficulty ...everything else just require time

Suzuki Yu

based on the recent financial report by SEGASAMMY, Project DIVA -f- performance was strong during the Q2 period with 230.000 copies sold.

Roubjon

The game is very easy ..Except those 4 song in extreme difficulty ...everything else just require time

Every rhythm game is "easy" if you put the time into it. Just like anything out there. It's just that the difficulty of this game peaks earlier and at a lower point than other ones.

MoosiferX

The platinum is not that hard to do (just a grind). The perfects some people do on extreme levels however, that's something to be impressed about.
And my hands sweat as hell when I'm close to a perfect (on normal only for me though)

I gotcha. I ended up getting a couple perfects on Normal mode and my heart was going 100 miles per hours towards the end. Kind of sad when I think that I'm still a few difficulties away from greatness, but I'll take it! :D

I'm happy to hear that the game doesn't require you to perfect everything on extreme for a platinum (I hadn't looked into it at the time I posted, I just figured it would be cruel like that, lol).

Roubjon

I gotcha. I ended up getting a couple perfects on Normal mode and my heart was going 100 miles per hours towards the end. Kind of sad when I think that I'm still a few difficulties away from greatness, but I'll take it! :D

I'm happy to hear that the game doesn't require you to perfect everything on extreme for a platinum (I hadn't looked into it at the time I posted, I just figured it would be cruel like that, lol).

You need to perfect everything on extreme if you want all of the in-game achievements though :D. But yeah, whenever I get to the last stretch of a song and I'm really close to perfecting it, I get so goddamn nervous and, more often than not, screw it up. I'm pretty sure it's because when I'm starting to freak out about it I start paying less attention to the notes and am just playing the game on auto-pilot mode.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Just got my last "perfect" on normal difficulty. Sadistic Music Factory went pretty fast from "no way am I ever gonna do that last bit" to "done".
Moving on to perfect hard.

Wonko_C

based on the recent financial report by SEGASAMMY, Project DIVA -f- performance was strong during the Q2 period with 230.000 copies sold.

That's some great news, looks like it's on its way to meet sales expectations by the end of the year after all. :)

Teal'ciampleased.jpg

The Project DIVA f character DLC is now on the store via search.

Forgot to add enough funds to my wallet to cover the purchase. 200 yen short. Oops.

Roubjon

Hatsune Miku Arcade controllers seem like the most unnecessary game peripheral ever. It isn't like this is IIDX or Pop'n Music lol. That being said, I'd love to play the game like this.

I'm going to need to see if I can get some feedback on the current Dreamy Theater 2nd controller to Hori. Mine goes to conventions for public use (it's at Anime USA as we speak) and after only about 6 or 7 days of convention time I've already had to replace most of the microswitches in the controller. They fail really, really fast - pretty much confirming what I thought was a horrible design decision, using the same microswitch you'd find in a 30mm button in a 100mm dome.

I'm probably going to end up getting both new controllers too... >.>;

Top Bottom