• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

Search for "Project Diva" on the store (you can change the keyboard to English letters by pressing Select a few times), then just click on the logo for Project Diva F or Project Diva f depending on what you want.

Edit:

Yes. It's listed under the Vita version.

Thank you! I have both the Vita and PS3 versions now, so if I buy the ¥1,500 DLC, is it an install for both systems or do I have to do a transfer process from within the PS3 version?

Jucksalbe

Banned
It's just the new content of the PS3 version that's in the game anyway (minus the parts you got for free from the PS3 download, don't forget to download that, too). So this DLC is only for the Vita version.

Beckx

Got my copy today, it looks like there's an option to adjust the timing - anyone know how that works? My TV has about 30-40ms of lag (in game mode :(). Are the increments in frames or something else, and should I be adding or subtracting?

antibolo

Banned
Got my copy yesterday, it looks like there's an option to adjust the timing - anyone know how that works? My TV has about 30-40ms of lag (in game mode :(). Are the increments in frames or something else, and should I be adding or subtracting?

Played the PS3 demo yesterday, my TV has about the same amount of lag as you and I had no problem compared to the Vita version.

In my opinion adjusting video timing in music games is a waste of time. You're supposed to rely on the music for timing your presses, the display is only there to tell you what presses are coming up, so any display lag is mostly irrelevant.

As long as your audio does not lag you should be fine. And if you audio does seem to lag then do something about it ASAP.

Speaking of which does anybody else play the PS3 Project Diva games with the official wireless PS3 headphones? I still can't believe how great these things are. Despite being wireless there is no noticeable lag whatsoever.

Played the PS3 demo yesterday, my TV has about the same amount of lag as you and I had no problem compared to the Vita version.

In my opinion adjusting video timing in music games is a waste of time. You're supposed to rely on the music for timing your presses, the display is only there to tell you what presses are coming up, so any display lag is mostly irrelevant.

As long as your audio does not lag you should be fine. And if you audio does seem to lag then do something about it ASAP.

Speaking of which does anybody else play the PS3 Project Diva games with the official wireless PS3 headphones? I still can't believe how great these things are. Despite being wireless there is no noticeable lag whatsoever.

The problem with this statement is that most TVs lag the audio to match the video lag the scaler introduces, so you ARE dealing with audio lag as well in most scenarios. I never quite figured out what the timing adjustment actually did in the Dreamy Theater releases (and I have no way of knowing if DIVA F's timing adjustment functions in the same way), but I've always used negative values (-1 on LCD TV, -2 on my laggier DLP, with audio being handled separate from the TV). I've heard people report improvement with positive values in situations where both audio and video are lagged.

Yes Boss!

That is so wrong it is painful to read.

Good on Sega to put in something to help compensate for lag. Sure, these are rhythm games but the visual cues are just as important as the audio cues.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Err no, I used it partway through my stream after I was notified of it and it helped immensely after I fine tuned it to my capture card's lag.

antibolo

Banned
The problem with this statement is that most TVs lag the audio to match the video lag the scaler introduces, so you ARE dealing with audio lag as well in most scenarios. I never quite figured out what the timing adjustment actually did in the Dreamy Theater releases (and I have no way of knowing if DIVA F's timing adjustment functions in the same way), but I've always used negative values (-1 on LCD TV, -2 on my laggier DLP, with audio being handled separate from the TV). I've heard people report improvement with positive values in situations where both audio and video are lagged.

Well that's what I meant when I said that you should make sure that your audio does not lag.

In my case I have an external amp with HDMI passthrough, so the TV never sees the audio, it just gets a video signal.

If you use your TV's audio then yes, you might be stuck with laggy audio. In that case I recommend plugging external speakers, the easiest and least expensive option would be plain desktop computer speakers plugged into the PS3's analog multi-out.

Beckx

Thanks, I'll try those settings. Much appreciated!

antibolo

Banned
Err no, I used it partway through my stream after I was notified of it and it helped immensely after I fine tuned it to my capture card's lag.

Capture cards are usually pretty bad in terms of latency, so I'm not surprised. There is a practical limit to how much display lag one can deal with.

I downloaded the Project Diva f demo last night, quick quoestion: is it possible to put the stages on 'PV' mode by any chance? Or does it just tease you with the option greyed-out and unselectable? =P

I guess this will have to hold me over until my copy arrives from Play-Asia...whenever that will be, lol.

Wonko_C

Is it just me or does the demo have some nice AA in the graphics? It looks REALLY clean!

I'm no pixel counter but I'm pretty sure the game's native resolution is 1920x1080. That in itself is enough to reduce jaggies a bit, and it probably has some form of AA on top of it. Makes me wonder what would a PS4 Project Diva would look like.

Stark

Banned
I'm no pixel counter but I'm pretty sure the game's native resolution is 1920x1080. That in itself is enough to reduce jaggies a bit, and it probably has some form of AA on top of it. Makes me wonder what would a PS4 Project Diva would look like.

As long as they keep the same visual style, give it to me.

antibolo

Banned
I was expecting to hate the 30 FPS but in the end I don't mind. For fun I went back to Dreamy Theater to compare, and while it is indeed smoother, there's some motion blurring going on that actually makes it more painful on the eyes than PDF, even though the framerate is higher.

Wonko_C

It's expensive, but I have to give props to P-A's new FedEx service. Got the game today (East Coast USA).

It's listed as 1080p on the box, and my TV's info panel says yes, it's 1920x1080

What the box and the TV displays say is not always a guarantee you're getting true 1920x1080. For example: Gran Turismo 5 is 1280x1080, the console is just upscaling the output to 1080p so the image can fill the screen, it ends up looking blurrier than a native 1080p game as a result.

Beckx

What the box and the TV displays say is not always a guarantee you're getting true 1920x1080. For example: Gran Turismo 5 is 1280x1080, the console is just upscaling the output to 1080p so the image can fill the screen, it ends up looking blurrier than a native 1080p game as a result.

Just distinguishing between, say, Ni No Kuni, where my TV switches over to 720p (though to your point, I think that game is actually lower than 720).

6hyoQ9d.jpg

Will probably be streaming a bit tonight.

Wait it's also 3D?! I didn't know that...

the ps3 games are 3D compatible since Dreamy Theater 2nd.

At this point they know how to do it right if you have the 3D tv to enjoy this..in dreamy theater 2 some of the effects were "off" but i've heard that they corrected this later ..

Do you know if you can transfer over your Vita data?

From the last page:

You have to download a seperate (free) tool for Vita from the store. That means you can only use it on your Japanese account on the Vita.
This tool uploads the save data to a server and you can download it from within the PS3 game (this also means you have to be on the same account). Maybe you can copy the save file afterwards through the PS3 system menu, I didn't try.

But I have to point out that I still didn't get it to work. But after what I just read on GameFAQs it maybe only transfers your costumes and probably other unlocked items and not your scores or progression. So maybe that's why I thought it didn't work, I will have to check on that.

I platinummed Project diva f and was about to import the PS3 version until I heard Sega was considering to bring it over to the West. YES!

rustyboy

Neo Member
Dont know if anybody can help me, after missing out last year on the Miku themed PSVita console, are there any website still offering it at a decent price?

Also, this sounds a bit cheap, but are there any websites that sell Miku themed Decals to match the design thats on the back of the official Miku PSVita.

Dont know if anybody can help me, after missing out last year on the Miku themed PSVita console, are there any website still offering it at a decent price?

Also, this sounds a bit cheap, but are there any websites that sell Miku themed Decals to match the design thats on the back of the official Miku PSVita.

I think the ship has sailed on that one. The Miku Vita was in extremely high demand and they are all in the hands of collectors now. I've also never seen design films for the rear touchpad, and copying the design of the Miku Vita would be just plain infringement.

rustyboy

Neo Member
I think the ship has sailed on that one. The Miku Vita was in extremely high demand and they are all in the hands of collectors now. I've also never seen design films for the rear touchpad, and copying the design of the Miku Vita would be just plain infringement.

Thanks for that, I have found some online but they are just to expensive now. Damm i keep thinking who ever has one is lucky.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I finally manged to Perfect Weekender Girl. Parts of the song are tricky the slow tempo doesn't really help either.

I also perfected the song where the chibi versions of the characters try to grow trees. The ending to this is pretty tough.

Good on you. I don't have Perfect on either yet, but I'm getting better on them by the day! Haha.

Yes Boss!

My Mini Miku Controller came in. Pretty good quality for the $90.

879A4735-DF32-4254-A9CA-0B0F418ACB65-1156-00000142B37083BA.jpg

Inside:

A168B0DA-B89D-4819-B67F-14279F095065-1156-0000014612D82BC0.jpg

Closer:

0E5A4DC1-409E-4042-B0DC-D670F04E78AE-1156-00000146166FA001.jpg

Button:

99C44CFE-AB48-4283-BCE1-8C3E9ED5BBE7-1156-000001460FF38F11.jpg

Button Switch:

9CC82AA1-3FFE-4319-8FC4-7E7DAC25A900-1156-000001460CBEF883.jpg

Compared to a Normal Hori Stick:

04FB56EF-A826-43C1-81BA-7A007C8F249A-1156-0000014619D1210C.jpg

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Wow, when they said mini, they weren't kidding. Didn't realize the buttons would be that small. Looks like I can resist the plunge (for now) but for any of you who are interested, the mini controllers are back in stock at amiami for a reasonable price.

I do want to hear some impressions with the controller though!

Yes Boss!

Wow, when they said mini, they weren't kidding. Didn't realize the buttons would be that small. Looks like I can resist the plunge (for now) but for any of you who are interested, the mini controllers are back in stock at amiami for a reasonable price.

I do want to hear some impressions with the controller though!

Actually, the buttons are quite a bit bigger than I was expecting. Size factor, it is right in line with the smaller arcade sticks Hori releases. This is comparable in size to the Tekken Wii U/Persona stick. Also, keep in mind the official name is the Mini Controller.

Have not used it yet but just checking it out quick-like, the buttons are probably the least robust item on the stick...they tend to give off a bit of audible vibration and have a hollow cheap feeling. I've not used it in game though...If it is something that becomes bothersome it should be easy enough to slip some inexpensive foam in there to dampen and make the buttons feel better. So far I'm quite pleased with the quality for the low price point. Wish I could have stomached the $600 for the Big Stick but that was over my threshold. Kinda tempted to get the little white one from amazon as well.

EDIT:

Looks like amazon.com.jp is officially selling the big version for 34000 Yen and releasing 11 March, which works out to about $365. So, add in another $80 for shipping and maybe $450 delivered. I've preordered, again:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00BOLJWBM/

Also, the new photos of the actual stick show that it does indeed have a repurposed touch pad that Hori used on the Otomedius stick.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Downloaded the demo on PS3 the other day and...it's a drug. It's very fun, and engaging. I think I've already played the three songs contained in the demo for a total of 3-4 hours. It's just that this game makes you want to come back and improve your performances. So far, I've already scored "Excellent" on all the three songs at normal. Also, it's quite hard to come back to Weekender Girl at easy after playing World's End Dancehall at normal, it's just too bland :lol

Great CRAZY fun. Already liked the Facebook page, I hope SEGA seriously brings it here in Europe, because in that case I'll buy it.

if the pS3 demo satisfied you , then you have no idea how you'll be if you play the complete game..the song selection is much much better and diverse

it's a great game.

Yes Boss!

Still trying to find a simple play guide on the net. I mean, just don't know how it is played. I'm on easy and doing mostly Circles but then some Star symbol comes in. Is there a guide anywhere that helps folks who are new to the game? Can't seem to find any.

Top Bottom