• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill3r7

The only way multiplayer would be acceptable for a sequel is if it's separate from the campaign. Bioware style like they do it with mass effect and Dragon age would be fine.

You can also do it Borderlands/Diablo style. You and three mates can go after the biggest and baddest machines bosses around for awesome loot.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
summoning a mount to help in combat is totally legit, especially against human enemies
Mounts for almost every encounter is definitely sound strategy. Longhorns ftw, they're my fav mounts. Now let us ride the fucking Thunderjaw/Stormbird please. I need this.

X-Frame

I use shadow war bow with 3 +freeze mods and lodge war bow with 3 +corruption mods.

This is a great idea.

Do you have multiple elemental slings? Or 2 Hunter bows maybe 1 for damage and 1 for fire?

I'm probably going a bit overboard, haha.

I wish there was a way to set a loadout. Like one for humans, one for corruptors, another for general robots, another for large robots, etc.

LordofPwn

Eww equating those stupid Nora to the Starks should be a crime.
I clearly see the connection just based off of the early game, but then again at the end.
Because like Starks, a lot of Nora get killed.

Also I haven't read up on the lore stuff but is it ever discussed how the tribes got their names? I assume Nora get their name from
NORAD, just because the location of the game is around that area and theres super tech inside of mountains, a la N.O.R.A.D.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Mounts for almost every encounter is definitely sound strategy. Longhorns ftw, they're my fav mounts. Now let us ride the fucking Thunderjaw/Stormbird please. I need this.

DLC expansion/Sequel I'm expecting. Flying Mounts require the entire game and world to be designed with them in mind because a flying mount can negate a lot of challenge and break a lot of things once it comes into play.

Wollan

If there's one thing Zelda BOTW is going to influence things going forward it's that you can 'climb anything'. Seems like making that aspect viable could be tightly co-related with enabling flying mounts for Horizon 2.

We also need sea-based monster to show off that water-tech 2.0.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
DLC expansion/Sequel I'm expecting. Flying Mounts require the entire game and world to be designed with them in mind because a flying mount can negate a lot of challenge and break a lot of things once it comes into play.
No doubt, the flying mounts will be the trickiest game balance-wise and most likely the last mount we get, if ever. For now, hook us up with that Thunderjaw mount for DLC pls. :)

If there's one thing Zelda BOTW is going to influence things going forward it's that you can 'climb anything'. Seems like making that aspect viable could be tightly co-related with enabling flying mounts for Horizon 2.

Yes please. Horizon 2, I see you.

Man, I pissed off this Thunderjaw and he started wrecking shit, knocking down trees, one had a bunch of Birds in it that flocked away.. Love the attention to detail...

Yes but it wouldn't work as in Zelda because of the style of graphics, I mean Link climbs like Spiderman glued to walls, in Horizon or less cartoony games they probably would include a spike or something like that.

Wollan

Yes but it wouldn't work as in Zelda because of the style of graphics, I mean Link climbs like Spiderman glued to walls, in Horizon or less cartoony games they probably would include a spike or something like that.
I have been thinking the same thing.
Zelda has cartoony/abstract graphics and they would likely need to have climbing axes or something to avoid some hardcore/glitchy IK with Horizon's level of graphics.

shopping

It's also a good excuse for not having had a 'climb anything' ability in Horizon 1. How could she without the right tools. ;)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Zelda has cartoony/abstract graphics and they would likely need to have climbing axes or something to avoid some hardcore/glitchy IK with Horizon's level of graphics.

shopping

It's also a good excuse for not having had a 'climb anything' ability in Horizon 1. How could she without the right tools. ;)

I think MGSV had a pretty open climbing system that also looked very good with Snake climbing in a very realistic manner. A friend of mine is big into rock climbing and he was really impressed with the attention to detail MGSV paid to its climbing mechanics.

Also a sequel should introduce some minigames. I'd love to see an actual fishing minigame in a sequel. They don't even have to use a fishing pole and can make it spear fishing or something to keep it similar to the rest of the games mechanics. Add in more fish with more realistic "fish AI" and maybe even throw in a few robo fish to spice things up.

Kal

They should be showing on your map after you did your first one. Do them first before you proceed with missions/side quests cause they are useful as hell. Just look for their weird blue symbols on the map when zoomed out all the way. Happy hunting.

No story necessary, just exploration. They should be on the map but the grey is hard to see.

They should do TLoU style multiplayer. Stealth and crafting based.

They are not part of any missions, but you should be able to discover all of them just by exploring the map,

Thanks - I think I see them on the map now! :)

Well the game told me I'm at a point where I should finish up side quests and errands before continuing. I did just that. All errands and side quests and shared my adventures with
Rost's grave

Time to go.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Man, I pissed off this Thunderjaw and he started wrecking shit, knocking down trees, one had a bunch of Birds in it that flocked away.. Love the attention to detail...

LOL, I know it isn't a real bit comparison, but I'm not that far in the game yet. I pissed off a Sawtooth near the Hunting Lodge in the first big area where you are asked to investigate another area. The area had several cabins to it.

I'd used Override on the Sawtooth. I forgot that wears off. It proceeded to run right through the cabins destroying them. After the encounter, the cabins re-appeared. LOL.

22D73F70-C825-4C3C-8DDD-B4E1DE0ADA20.jpg

Glint Hawks are HZD's Cliff Racers. Utterly annoying fuckers that I either try to avoid or go out of my way to kill from spite. I hate them.

LordofPwn

I found this on twitter, not sure who to give credit to but I just really like her expression here lol
When you're too polite to speak your mind but low key hate your friend's idea.

There were numerous times where i failed to see the climbing rocks but still managed to find my way up something.

LiK

The water tech is the weakest thing. I harped on it before but man, when you're swimming longer distances in some areas, it has zero physics and looks awful. Hope they improve their engine for that because almost everything else looks stunning.

Robbing the Rich side quest is glitched for me. I talk to Ravan to finish the quest but it doesn't get marked as completed :(

GG are aware, it should be fixed in the next patch. It's not required for the platinum if you're worried about that..

Over the last few days I've just been activating fires because there is nothing left for me. :(

I've got 163 and I hope that's all of them.

The banter between the
Oseram Vanguard on the Spire
before the final mission is hilarious.

This is a great idea.

Do you have multiple elemental slings? Or 2 Hunter bows maybe 1 for damage and 1 for fire?

I'm probably going a bit overboard, haha.

I wish there was a way to set a loadout. Like one for humans, one for corruptors, another for general robots, another for large robots, etc.

Nah, not a fan of the slings honestly. Too slow and short range. Arrows feel way more consistent.

Wollan

There were numerous times where i failed to see the climbing rocks but still managed to find my way up something.
In the traditional sense Horizon is actually quite nimble. Many times I have escalated some more extreme mountain sides using organic platforming.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so Ive only found 1 Cauldron yet, that side quest one back aroun d lvl 8 (lol) and now im level 30...am I missing something obvious? are they on the map, are they future sidequests, whats going on?

I just did another Tallneck too, im only missing 1 now, the northwest one so I should see them no?

so Ive only found 1 Cauldron yet, that side quest one back aroun d lvl 8 (lol) and now im level 30...am I missing something obvious? are they on the map, are they future sidequests, whats going on?

I just did another Tallneck too, im only missing 1 now, the northwest one so I should see them no?

They should be marked on your map, I believe the cauldrons you haven't completed are the color blue.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They should be marked on your map, I believe the cauldrons you haven't completed are the color blue.

is it the blue triangles? I thought those were ruins lol >_<

i am all about overriding animals to help me (big pet/minion fanboy in any game) so I want to override more asap. I guess I should also get that warbow to use corruption arrows right? thats what they do?

is it the blue triangles? I thought those were ruins lol >_<

i am all about overriding animals to help me (big pet/minion fanboy in any game) so I want to override more asap. I guess I should also get that warbow to use corruption arrows right? thats what they do?

Yeah those lol and it took me awhile to figure that out myself. The corruption arrows don't exactly override them, they just make them hostile to anyone including you. They will attack whoever is closest to them.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Glint Hawks are HZD's Cliff Racers. Utterly annoying fuckers that I either try to avoid or go out of my way to kill from spite. I hate them.

Same. Flying enemies generally are my pet hate in games. I horizon you just spend a lot of time flailing the right stick trying to track a yellow/red circle spinning around at the top of the screen

VanWinkle

Also a sequel should introduce some minigames. I'd love to see an actual fishing minigame in a sequel. They don't even have to use a fishing pole and can make it spear fishing or something to keep it similar to the rest of the games mechanics. Add in more fish with more realistic "fish AI" and maybe even throw in a few robo fish to spice things up.

Completely agree with all of this.

B.O.O.M

Sequel must let me throw the spear and maybe upgrade that to be able to retract it.

Saw a random fight between two corrupted rockbreakers attacking another big non-corrupted machine..wasn't sure what machine it was (it was a bit in the distance and was very chaotic)..but it was crazy to watch 0_0

KZObsessed

shopping

They need to get more creative with the crafting/loot.

Should be able to loot some Sawtooth claws attach them to your wrist armour and use them to climb.

Want an extended slide? How about crafting some boots out of the thrusters of a Stormbird. Then play the game like it's Vanquish.

People want to glide from the top of mountains? Build some retractable wings from a bunch of glinthawks and attach them to the back of your armour.

Want to play as a melee build? Craft an elemental spear using the flamethrower of a bellowback.

I'm sure they could come up with better ideas but it needs some unique loot like that. I want the armour sets to clearly use parts from the machines as well. I want to create custom helmets out of machine parts.

For the sequel they could have her really investigate how the machines work and so improving her crafting ability to the point she can make these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom