• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno man I feel the like Corrupters are pretty intimidating. Granted they aren't that hard to take them down, but that first time you run into a big group of them... Sheesh.

Razgreez

If there's one thing Zelda BOTW is going to influence things going forward it's that you can 'climb anything'. Seems like making that aspect viable could be tightly co-related with enabling flying mounts for Horizon 2.

We also need sea-based monster to show off that water-tech 2.0.

Please no. Infamous actually has the best "climb anything that makes sense" traversal. By all means copy that and not the climb whatever as in zelda

Just went into my first cauldron
Sigma
. Everything was going fine and smoothly until I reach
my first Shellwalker
. That thing wrecked me. I need a more thought out approach.

Just went into my first cauldron
Sigma
. Everything was going fine and smoothly until I reach
my first Shellwalker
. That thing wrecked me. I need a more thought out approach.
Priority Uno for me when encountering them is disabling their arms, which provide both their extremely potent offensive and defensive maneuvers. Without their force shield or homing cannons they are a lot less dangerous.

They need to get more creative with the crafting/loot.

Should be able to loot some Sawtooth claws attach them to your wrist armour and use them to climb.

Want an extended slide? How about crafting some boots out of the thrusters of a Stormbird. Then play the game like it's Vanquish.

People want to glide from the top of mountains? Build some retractable wings from a bunch of glinthawks and attach them to the back of your armour.

Want to play as a melee build? Craft an elemental spear using the flamethrower of a bellowback.

I'm sure they could come up with better ideas but it needs some unique loot like that. I want the armour sets to clearly use parts from the machines as well. I want to create custom helmets out of machine parts.

For the sequel they could have her really investigate how the machines work and so improving her crafting ability to the point she can make these things.
You know these actually sound good

Ferr986

XI Cauldron was kind of a mess, atleast the first half
why oh why that amount of human enemies? Like, humans are the worst part of the game.

Atleast it had somewhat of a purpose, because the second part with the Stalkers are awesome, same with the finale with the humans getting their arses kicked, but even that part had human enemies when you're escaping the tunnels.

Anyways, with that, I finished all the Cauldrons and Tallnecks.... and I'm still at the lvl 15 story mission lol

LiK

XI Cauldron was kind of a mess, atleast the first half
why oh why that amount of human enemies? Like, humans are the worst part of the game.

Atleast it had somewhat of a purpose, because the second part with the Stalkers are awesome, same with the finale with the humans getting their arses kicked, but even that part had human enemies when you're escaping the tunnels.

Anyways, with that, I finished all the Cauldrons and Tallnecks.... and I'm still at the lvl 15 story mission lol

That was my last Cauldron as well and I liked that it changed things up, tbh. It was unexpected.

Is a Bow Bias setup good in the short or long term?

My setup

Left - Shadow hunter bow
bottom - Shadow War bow
Right - Shadow sharpshot bow
top - carja tripcaster

wapplew

Found my new favorite weapons, Shadow sling with ice mod, and Shadow blast sling with damage mod.
It's fun to see 700 damage per shot regardless of weak point. Melt everything within 5 minutes.

Ferr986

That was my last Cauldron as well and I liked that it changed things up, tbh. It was unexpected.

Yeah in that sense I agree, especially with the second part, that was great
it's just that every time I'm fighting humans I would rather fight more robodinos lol They're unique while human encounters feel more of the same from other games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ah heres my snapjaw and longlegs (and a couple of others I forgot) override, clearly I should have had them a while ago since this cauldron was at the start of this zone and I completely missed it lol.

only 4 cauldrons total? thats a shame, they are great.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member

Should be able to loot some Sawtooth claws attach them to your wrist armour and use them to climb.

Want an extended slide? How about crafting some boots out of the thrusters of a Stormbird. Then play the game like it's Vanquish.

People want to glide from the top of mountains? Build some retractable wings from a bunch of glinthawks and attach them to the back of your armour.

Want to play as a melee build? Craft an elemental spear using the flamethrower of a bellowback.

I'm sure they could come up with better ideas but it needs some unique loot like that. I want the armour sets to clearly use parts from the machines as well. I want to create custom helmets out of machine parts.

For the sequel they could have her really investigate how the machines work and so improving her crafting ability to the point she can make these things.

I... Dude... All of this sounds properly brilliant. Send Guerilla Games a tweet!

Ferrio

Banned

That would be a great addition. My favorite aspect of the game is dismantling robots, if the crafting system only revolved around blowing off components and not just looting the corpse that'd be way better. I know they do this stuff for like blaze, but it should have been for *all* crafting materials. Only thing left on the body should be like metal scraps and maybe some common materials like wire.

Make it so there's rarer versions of the machines where they have specialized components that you have to tear off to obtain.

Platinum obtained. 60hs for main game, side quest and errands. The rest was for collectibles, half of corrupted zones, and half of the hunting grounds.
I still have some audios and texts here and there left, will explore and fight some machines while I wait for Andromeda.
I'll save the replay for when I have a 4K TV.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
had so many shards that I went ahead and just bought the machine hearts I needed for the shadow warbow and shadow ropecaster, bought both weapons and still have 2k shards left to make ammo and whatnot. Dunno how some people are always low on shards :(

Also finally this warbow ammo uses all the shit I have a ton of to make ammo.

Did a lot of stuff today, a few sidequests and errands, tallneck, cauldron, a couple of main quests
the stuff with erend's sister, well the first part at least, I have to meet him for the next and the stuff with Olin and the cultists
, still feels like I have a ton left, game is truly massive.

When I went to buy the warbow, the vendor is at a quarry with a sidequest, I believe ive heard you peeps say its a good one?

jamsy

GAF, do I need to finish every single side-quest to get the "good" ending?

I'm at the part where
Sylens rescues you from the coliseum and you have to go to Mother's Heart to stop the Shadow Carja attack.
Is this the last story mission?

0racle

Hey guys

How do I get better arrows? I barely do any damage.

Also, I have a purple shock modification, but I can't seem to put it on anything? Even after removing other mods. It's a 43% shock modification for weapons.

Hey guys

How do I get better arrows? I barely do any damage.

Also, I have a purple shock modification, but I can't seem to put it on anything? Even after removing other mods. It's a 43% shock modification for weapons.

You get more arrows to use when you get better versions of the bows. Add that to damage mods and you'll be set

0racle

You get more arrows to use when you get better versions of the bows. Add that to damage mods and you'll be set

Thanks, why can't I add the very rare mod ? I have spots but it does not show up. It's in my inventory, but at the crafting menu it's not there to select.

With weapons and armor, should I buy them or wait till I find or get them?

Rhaknar

Thanks, why can't I add the very rare mod ? I have spots but it does not show up. It's in my inventory, but at the crafting menu it's not there to select.

With weapons and armor, should I buy them or wait till I find or get them?

different mods go on different weapons

Aomber

Hi guys - just to be perfectly clear, Sony owns the rights for this game, and this will almost certainly remain a PS4 exclusive right?

I'm a PC gamer primarily, been watching some Twitch content of this game and and this might be the game that tips me over to buying a PS4 with all the other great exclusives on the platform.

Footos22

Hi guys - just to be perfectly clear, Sony owns the rights for this game, and this will almost certainly remain a PS4 exclusive right?

I'm a PC gamer primarily, been watching some Twitch content of this game and and this might be the game that tips me over to buying a PS4 with all the other great exclusives on the platform.

Course it is. Its their own studio.

Yeah it's from an in house Sony studio

Sony owns the shit out of this game.

You must bow down (or just buy a PS4) to play it.

They almost never publish a game without getting rights to IP. They own the studio that makes it.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

Made by a first party studio, so yes, PS4 exclusive.

I just want giant robot spiders.

LOTS of spiders.

Spiders are in my list of "robot animals I'd like to see in HZD 2".

- Stealth spiders with trapping abilities and crazy vertical locomotion, to fight in forests.
- Turtle/Beetle/Armadillo/Ankylosaurus mix. Amphibious, near-impervious armour with active shields, heavily weaponized.
- Ants. Small, but swarming. Always in groups of dozens.
- Dragonfly/hornet mix. Different kind of flying, hovering.
- Centipede/snake mix.

mileS

The Lodge Blast Sling is a beast. Really fun weapon to use! I didn't a blast sling up until now and I was going to continue to play without using one. Glad I didn't.

I mixed the sticky bomb (timed) shot on a scrapper with a couple of the proximity bombs on the ground. The timing couldn't be better. Just as he was lunging at me his sticky bomb went off and he triggered the proximity bombs. Major overkill but it looked incredible. The amount of times I've had a charging machine rush me only to explode into a ball of scrap flying towards me.. Most of them you couldn't script to look as cool but yet its all dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom