• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer they keep doing the dialogs like they did now. Branching out the story often leads to unfulfilling endings and the sequel inevitably picking only one of those endings to go forward. Horizon had an amazing story because it was the same for everyone and really well thought out. I liked that the different dialog options were completely optional and served to go deep into the lore if you wanted.

I 100% agree with this and hope they keep it this way in part 2.
The expand on certain things but i like having one story and ending .

What's your progression stats? There are
Story missions,
side quests and
errands. Errands you create doesn't count. Plus, purchasing purple armor and weapon counts toward your progression. So make sure you have bought all (purple one's).

main,
side and
errands. Like I said, 1 side quest (robbing the rich) bugged out for me.

I have all
purple outfits and
purple weapons.

Not sure how good overall the hardpoint arrows are, But with the Triple shot skill they have saved my ass alot against the harder machines, latest one my first face off against a ravager. Love this arrows

Ricker

Finished the game on very hard.

101 hours.

98% (one side quest is bugged for me atm)

I WANT MOAR GUERRILLA!!!

Platinum get! One of the best games ever.

C6lgTdYV4AAyHle.jpg:large

Didn't use the ancient armor, opened it only after finishing the game.

Grats on finishing on very hard,you guys have skills lol...I find it challenging on normal ;)

Finished the game on very hard.

101 hours.

98% (one side quest is bugged for me atm)

I WANT MOAR GUERRILLA!!!

Platinum get! One of the best games ever.

C6lgTdYV4AAyHle.jpg:large

Didn't use the ancient armor, opened it only after finishing the game.

Congrats on finishing on very hard and getting the Platinum, I'm playing on normal and still getting my butt handed to me

zulux21

Im guessing until the PS5.

my guess.

decent sized expansion for late next year early 2019... and in 2020 full blown horizon 2.

though it could be delayed until 2021 or 2022 if they want to make it a ps5 game. though ideally moving a game from ps4 to ps5 is as easy as a pro upgrade.

Okay, I don't quite give up, but:

Anyone have a hint for that underground bunker. I got the power cells and
I thought the machine to the right -- the one that says "Data shows required settings for nearby Holo Locks" -- would give information on how to rotate, but the numbers don't really seem to mean anything.

I'm not sure a straight answer is what I want, but if there's a decent hint that would lead me to the answer, I'd love to know.

EDIT: n/m!!!! I had an idea and it worked. I guess that's what waiting until the next day will do for you... though I still don't exactly know how that was the answer.

wenaldy

I thought the machine to the right -- the one that says "Data shows required settings for nearby Holo Locks" -- would give information on how to rotate, but the numbers don't really seem to mean anything.

I'm not sure a straight answer is what I want, but if there's a decent hint that would lead me to the answer, I'd love to know.

Focus on the scan, there are numbers.

Hint:
1 PM is 1300, 6 AM is 0600

jdstorm

Banned

EDIT: n/m!!!! I had an idea and it worked. I guess that's what waiting until the next day will do for you... though I still don't exactly know how that was the answer.

The Answer
those numbers were times in 24hr time that each represented one of the 4 positions on a clock. So 1200 was pointing up, 0600 pointing down ect

my guess.

decent sized expansion for late next year early 2019... and in 2020 full blown horizon 2.

though it could be delayed until 2021 or 2022 if they want to make it a ps5 game. though ideally moving a game from ps4 to ps5 is as easy as a pro upgrade.

Its hard to know for sure. It really depends on what platform Sony want GG to target. The PS5 will have a much better CPU then the PS4 so making a game that takes full advantage of that might potentially require it to be unplayable on the PS4/PS4Pro.

SilentFlyer

That pink box showing
Time of the Day, so you have to rotate those power cells accordingly
. The
inner puzzle uses Degree to communicate the cell directions.

i'm playing on hard. might bump it to very hard just to see if i can hang

I'd have played on very hard if I didn't have a knack for getting trampled under the bigger guys all the time. You're basically fucked if that happens.

I wish the game had a sidestep dodge like Witcher.

I've got stuck into terrain piece while doing silent kill. 10 minutes of sneaking down the drain ehh. This reminds my why I avoid playing games just after they are released normally.

Ferrio

Banned
I've got stuck into terrain piece while doing silent kill. 10 minutes of sneaking down the drain ehh. This reminds my why I avoid playing games just after they are released normally.

I got stuck in a barrel doing the same thing, I was not happy. After a few minutes of trying I freed myself, was very close to resetting.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
do power cells get introduced in the main quest or are they something found through exploring?

there's one essentially non-missable in a main story quest (as in, it's literally right in your way of walking. you can obv NOT pick it up but...... yeah) that will get the quest started for you if you don't find one with some searching/in the wild earlier.

j-wood

I just sold a bunch of stuff and finally have 1000 shards. Is the Nora Survivor heavy or nora protector heavy armor's worth the cost? Right now I have the blue nora survivor medium armor.

NeoRausch

Just took my first Stormbird down!

Damm, what a fight! Lovely!
Had to take a few small enemies down here an there to concentrate on the fight, but damm!

Also: Stormbird heart on the first try!

Szadek

Finished the tutorial.
Now it feels more like The Witcher 3.

Plot so far is very simple , but well done. Cutscenes are great as well.

Finished the tutorial.

First half is
standard story and conflicts about tribes with some good characters and great journeys and quests.
Second half is
when the story goes all in and becomes much more compelling.

lol with the lodge blast sling I don't even use freeze bombs anymore, I slapped two 40%+ dmg mods and a handling mod on it.

It takes down nearly everything in a few hits, it's really amazing.

I'd love to do this but I keep running out of Blaze.

I love how unorthodox the weapons are. You have one that purely strips armor and another that sets traps and then another that ties them down. It's so cool.

Finished the tutorial.

The story gets very, very intricate later in the game.

It's also one of the few games where I've sought after lore stuff like journal entries and audio dialogs because I was so interested in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom