• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inside the HQ @ GG
tumblr_o4ko0jlgC31uasoyfo1_500.gif

beclause

Neo Member
Horizon could be a breakout hit like TLOU was. New ip that everyone is talking about. Nothing else on the market that looks like it. I wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses UC4 in sales

jmaine_ph

Today on Amazon: Horizon moves into the #2 spot for all of February, just behind the $20 PSN card, and the #4 spot for the year just behind the Switch version of Zelda. It has been absolutely racing up the charts there.

WOW! This game is going to sell great!

Do people want expansion or dlc for horizon? I kinda want them to jump straight to sequel development. For bigger better and improved Horizon 2. Hopefully they could make it for 2019 release.

Do people want expansion or dlc for horizon? I kinda want them to jump straight to sequel development. For bigger better and improved Horizon 2. Hopefully they could make it for 2019 release.

DLC/Expansions can be done by smaller teams and is also a great way to test new mechanics. But who knows what they wanna do.

Elandyll

Banned
It doesn't have to be an either/ or proposition.

Writers and concept artist might have been already at work for months on an expansion/ DLC, which now can turn to actual production, while the pre production teams can switch to a sequel if greenlit (I imagine it would be easily).

OK....wasn't really interested in this game but based on all those reviews, I can't deny it. Went ahead and preordered this..

I haven't bought a game at retail launch since Overwatch.....I typically wait till theres a sale...especially on a single player game....

I hope the positive reviews around this game doesn't let me down.

None of that, I want CD Projekt treat: Pacthes that improve item management and stuff like that, refinement. Maybe a new robot here and there? But I understand if that breaks the game though.

Servbot24

Banned
UC4 is going to end up north of 12 million LTD. Horizon ain't even coming close to that.

To be fair a bunch of those sales were from bundles that were on sale. That said I'm still sure that standalone Uncharted 4 would still handily outsell Horizon.

I hope we get to see Expansion Packs like The Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone/Blood And Wine. After the well deserved rest for everyone at GG of course.

Tigress

None of that, I want CD Projekt treat: Pacthes that improve item management and stuff like that, refinement. Maybe a new robot here and there? But I understand if that breaks the game though.

How about both like CDPR did? I mean they did do those small patches that improved stuff. But they also offered DLC as well. If Horizon is as good as it sounds (and only a 50 hour game <- yes, I know some of you like that), I'm going to want more to play.

Hey, Amazon if you could drop the collectors edition off on Monday rather than Tuesday that would be great...

I'd almost echo this except I managed to get tuesday off to wait for my game in trade for working monday. And we have a lot of theft in my neighborhood so I'd rather be there to get the package.

How about both like CDPR did? I mean they did do those small patches that improved stuff. But they also offered DLC as well. If Horizon is as good as it sounds (and only a 50 hour game <- yes, I know some of you like that), I'm going to want more to play.

Mmmm nope, in that case I prefer them to focus on a sequel, at this point I think we'll see Horizon 2 at the same time that Cyberpunk 2077.

xviper

is the game filled with bugs like The Glitcher 3 ?

what i liked about FFXV was that it was polished and i rarely ran into a glitch, same goes for MGS V

I enjoy open world games, and this really seems like my cup of tea, but a big factor in my enjoyment of exploring these worlds is use of ambient music. TW3 and AC2 are among my favorites for this very reason. Needless to say, I'm curious to see how Horizon implements this.

Is there any footage someone can link me to that would give me a solid idea of what the music is like when simply roaming or exploring?

Kalentan

I'd almost echo this except I managed to get tuesday off to wait for my game in trade for working monday. And we have a lot of theft in my neighborhood so I'd rather be there to get the package.

How often does Amazon deliever Collectors editions early? Never?

I enjoy open world games, and this really seems like my cup of tea, but a big factor in my enjoyment of exploring these worlds is use of ambient music. TW3 and AC2 are among my favorites for this very reason. Needless to say, I'm curious to see how Horizon implements this.

Is there any footage someone can link me to that would give me a solid idea of what the music is like when simply roaming or exploring?

Easy Allies review

Has a bunch of the ambient music in the review.

Unknown?

Horizon could be a breakout hit like TLOU was. New ip that everyone is talking about. Nothing else on the market that looks like it. I wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses UC4 in sales
Yeah I think so too! Not surpassing UC4 ltd though but it could do phenomenal like TLOU.

Putty

I've not played it yet like 99.9999% on the planet but for me, i'd like them to get straight on with the 2nd...Pretty sure they have a story Arm mapped out...They have good info on what to fix from the 1st and i think even more so now Sony will basically let them get on with it with zero interference...

jayu26

To be fair a bunch of those sales were from bundles that were on sale. That said I'm still sure that standalone Uncharted 4 would still handily outsell Horizon.
Will you guys stop with this? How do you think most Halo games got the sales they did? Hell Forza has been bundle fodder for most of its existence. What do you think Knack 2 is? Do we bring up damn bundles for ever game? Hell even GTA V was bundled at various points. In fact, GTA V launched with PS3 bundles.

Servbot24

Banned
Sales are sales dude, they aren't giving those out for free.

Agreed, but in this context we're talking about the strength of the brand, and purchase of a game through a bundle isn't always 100% representative of that.

Will you guys stop with this? How do you think most Halo games got the sales they did? Hell Forza has been bundle fodder for most of its existence. What do you think Knack 2 is? Do we bring up damn bundles for ever game? Hell even GTA V was bundled at various points. In fact, GTA V launched with PS3 bundles.

I'm not putting down UC4's success in any way whatsoever. Insanely good game that is actually underrated (best story pacing in any game I've played). It deserves every sale.

Tigress

Mmmm nope, in that case I prefer them to focus on a sequel, at this point I think we'll see Horizon 2 at the same time that Cyberpunk 2077.

Ah, I disagree. I want DLC. Sorry. And as some one said, that won't stop them from making a Horizon 2. Also, I hope they don't release Horizon 2 and Cyberpunk near each other. I don't want to have to choose.

How often does Amazon deliever Collectors editions early? Never?

For me never (I'm never that lucky though as I said considering thieves in my neighborhood may not be lucky if they send it early) But they also are very good about getting it same day with me... In fact the last few they sent the day before even though they claimed they would start sending it days earlier (they claim the 24th is when they'll ship it. I suspect that UPS will say in sent for pickup status on the 24th until the day before it is supposed to be sent).

ArmGunar

I asked them on Twitter if they plan to release extension like TW3'ones if the game sells well

Doubt it, UC4 is close to 10 million right now. Horizon could get relatively close mind.

One thing to keep in mind is that Guerrilla has said their engine is fantastic and extremely well-optimized, not only with regard to visuals and performance, but also quest creation. Forget where it was, but they discussed that they can very quickly write quests and implement them, which should shorten future dev time a bit.

I want meaty DLC because I want to spend as much time in this world with Aloy as possible. There are a whole lot of directions they could go with the lore and story, even though the narrative is nice and self-contained on its own.

KZObsessed

Kinda Funny Games spoiler free review was absolutely gushing about the story. Colin Moriarty said it's one of the best video game stories.

Podcast Beyond was equally gushing about the combat.

I'm sick of hearing about this game now, just want to play it :p

jayu26

Kinda Funny Games spoiler free review was absolutely gushing about the story. Colin Moriarty said it's one of the best video game stories.

The story managed to really impress Jeff Gerstmann. How often does that happen?

Makikou

Fuck the wait is killing me. Listening to bombcast and I had to skip the whole Horizon segment because the hype is too hype.

Garlador

WOW! This game is going to sell great!

Sounds like it deserves every penny.

I remember so many posts in previews saying they were betting the story sucked. I saw who they hired for the script and had no doubts.

Lemondish

Yeah, that's fine and all, but BROM SCENE

Dargor

Agreed, but in this context we're talking about the strength of the brand, and purchase of a game through a bundle isn't always 100% representative of that.

I think its the other way around. If it was something like Wii Sports where it came with every Wii console, I would agree with you.

But thats not the case here, people chose to buy that bundle, when they could get others, or even no bundle at all, so it shows that people are attracted to the Uncharted brand.

demigod

Just got an email that said my copy from Best Buy shipped! Hopefully I get it a little early. I've never been that lucky.

Same here. I originally had it for pickup until I kept hearing about people getting theirs early so i switched my order for shipping. /pray

One thing to keep in mind is that Guerrilla has said their engine is fantastic and extremely well-optimized, not only with regard to visuals and performance, but also quest creation. Forget where it was, but they discussed that they can very quickly write quests and implement them, which should shorten future dev time a bit.

I want meaty DLC because I want to spend as much time in this world with Aloy as possible. There are a whole lot of directions they could go with the lore and story, even though the narrative is nice and self-contained on its own.

Well, let me play the game and I'll tell you. I mean, I loved Hear of Stone, Left Behind, The Old Hunters, eager to play Lost Legacy but I'm not a fan of dlc, I prefer new games but I understand the desire to spend more time in some worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom