• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Bus

Banned
With such a short trailer how can that spoil anything unless your sensitive to the environments and time of day.

If your avoiding everything don't watch it... Otherwise have at it.

You will regret nothing in 5 days.
giphy.gif

RefigeKru

Banned
This is literally the best Accolades Trailer I have ever seen.

The music is fantastic, the escalation is genius, the scenes chosen are amazing looking and Aloy's voice over talk is intriguing, well acted and well written.

Everything about this game seems just oozes confidence. I've thought so since the gameplay reveal.

It's turned me into a goddamn fanboy again. Seriously. All the complaints pointed at this game, even now when it's clearly quality if not everyone's thing (of course) seemed to stem more from jaded or pessimistic perspectives - yet another open world game, a Tomb Raider/Far Cry/Ubisoft/etc clone? I feel it sometimes. Honestly feel like I'd almost fallen out of love with games recently. But this game, I swear, it makes me optimistic about games again, makes me really want to play it, makes me want to be Guerrilla's hype man, makes me want to buy it when I clearly can't afford it.

>_>;

keuja

This game was honestly not on my radar at all, until I saw that Df analysis and all those review scores... Ended up preordering the deluxe edition, I'm officially hyped!

Hype has increased dramatically for this one, very impressed with all the reviews/previews I've seen. This will compliment Z: BotW really nicely, I think.

Everything about this game seems just oozes confidence. I've thought so since the gameplay reveal.

It's turned me into a goddamn fanboy again. Seriously. All the complaints pointed at this game, even now when it's clearly quality if not everyone's thing (of course) seemed to stem more from jaded or pessimistic perspectives - yet another open world game, a Tomb Raider/Far Cry/Ubisoft/etc clone? I feel it sometimes.
That's why you can't think of games like that. Everything is inspired by/influenced by/has mechanics done by other games.

It's a matter of execution, of the sum not the parts

My online BestBuy order hasn't shipped yet. Is this normal? It's the first time I've done home delivery with BestBuy. I mean I don't live that far from a distribution center, I think.

Endo Punk

I'm pleased for its success and the fact Guerilla can now finally be considered top tier within Sony studios and can stand next to SSM and ND. Yakuza 0 and Let it Die have kept me occupied so can't purchase day 1, and I will not be able to keep myself from spoiling the story through Twitch Streams 😕

Uh so my Best Buy order is scheduled to be here Monday....Never gotten a game early before, except when I paid $70 on ebay to play Infamous: Second Son a week early.

Come on UPS...

Ethelwulf

Absolutely horrible spoilers in Kinda Funny YouTube comments. Collin didn't help saying all the "it's
based on the moon
" shit :( I'm kinda angry.

My online BestBuy order hasn't shipped yet. Is this normal? It's the first time I've done home delivery with BestBuy. I mean I don't live that far from a distribution center, I think.

Mine hasn't eithrr, stuck on preparing. From what I remember this is normal, you should get the game Tuesday.

Getting hyped for this.

I have been playing Rainbow Six Siege for ages, I had thought of starting a new playthrough of Witcher 3 but this came just in time.

5 days!

People should know that Zelda has too many hardcore fans and every new iteration is considered the second coming of christ. The same happens with Rockstar and at this point with Naughty Dog and The Last of Us.

No reason to be alarmed, maybe one day Horizon will get there too.

Steroyd

People should know that Zelda has too many hardcore fans and every new iteration is considered the second coming of christ. The same happens with Rockstar and at this point with Naughty Dog and The Last of Us.

I'd love to say new IP vs an established series, but Overwatch was a sight to behold last year.

I'd love to say new IP vs an established series, but Overwatch was a sight to behold last year.

Something like that, the thing is that when a new Zelda/GTA/RDR/TLOU (now) is announced, fans are expecting them to be the best games ever made. With Horizon or many new ips people expect an amazing game (ok some might expect the best game ever but I don't think they're many).
I don't expect Horizon to be my favourite game of all times while I do expect that from TLOU Part II (even if I actually don't have one favourite game but many).

We understand that; what we don't understand is the incessant need to make pointless and useless comparisons and sometimes to downplay one game over the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom