• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

• Total voters

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Really a solid show, solid B+ for me

Things I wish we would have seen was more Gameplay and not as much CGI
When I heard we were getting hardware and they brought out the 3 stands I was really hoping for the handheld
Really don't know where the new controller is
The 3 new Series SKUs show how out of touch they really are as this is not the answer to get people to rush out and buy a new Xbox
Was hoping we would hear more about the expanded Gamepass perks I keep hearing about not to mention more COD games landing on Gamepass.

Any couple of the above and would have been a stellar show

Still one of the best shows we have had from anyone in the last few years especially Xbox

Flying home now and look forward to rewatching some of the trailers in 4k tomorrow

Naked Lunch

Great showcase.
Indy, Flight Sim, Perfect Dark, and Fable stole the show.
Really nice constant stream of games - and no pointless devs talking/speech bits.

E-Day will get even the most casual of Gears fans interested and back in the fold. A great move going back to the series roots.

Going to be very interesting seeing what the next iteration of Xbox is. I really do hope it has Steam.

ZehDon

Not an A+, but a solid A. Lots of games I'm keen on. Most of what was shown looks pretty good or at least very interesting. The low point was Dragon Age, high point was Gears of War, Game of the show was STALKER 2 - looks absolutely incredible.

Sony forgot to study while Microsoft was buying the answers.

nial

Gold Member
C.
This thread must be some kind of special trolling, right? I'll give it to their team, though, there was effort on it, definitely.
But even with some of the cool stuff (DOOM, MSFS, Indy), quite a few of the others were straight up garbage (SOD3, Avowed, PD, South of Midnight and Fable). Gears was a boring teaser for something not releasing in years, and COD is fucking COD.
Third-party was whatever here, Expidition 33 looked pretty sweet.
So, alright in general, neither good nor bad.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Normally I would vote base on the actual Showcase and what it delivered and how interested I was.
Now I'm voting based on Sony's showings
And whether it was worse or better regardless of if what they showed interested me.
And with that said..I give it an A 👍

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
An A for me. By far the best showcase Xbox has ever had. Game after game after game. Couldve used some gameplay for state of decay and gears but thats ok. Lots of other games finally got gameplay showings 4 years after reveal back at the Xbox reveal so thats something.

And the games looked good. They looked like games i want to play. Not trash like Deathloop and Ghostwire tokyo. Fun games with some of the best next gen visuals ive seen.

It just sucks that it came from Phil after the studio shutdowns. That left a bad taste in my mouth and i just cant stand seeing that guy anymore. Regardless, credit where credit is due and he finally delivered on the games after billions spent on acquisitions. This is what a show should be. No indie trash. Just great looking next gen AAA games.

Del_X

Gave it a B for a “too many games shown for 2025/2026”

Seems like they FINALLY have the momentum for one AAA title per quarter for the next few years.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Expedition 33 looks neat. In fact lots of nice looking titles

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

It’s funny how easily a few trailers bring life to a crowd that was in despair.
Replaced looks fun but didn‘t see a release date, life strange does too. perfect dark is a mix of mirror edge meets max payne and hitman. Looks kind of bland. the game with the black chick in the swamps looks and plays like Kena The art looks nice. Gears of wars characters look like cabbage patch kids. The design looks dated, but never liked the design of the characters to begin with. What engine is being used with indiana jones, it looks kind of old, facial animation looks off. It was a show full of trailers that are just that trailers. A solid D

Last edited:

rapid32.5

B+ wanted to see Backwards Compatibility announcements and handheld or Pro version, would’ve been an A.

Last edited:

GeNoMe

Loved the showcase. Lots of cool stuff was shown. A solid B from my end. Get rid of the corpo speak and stop showing us entire cinematics. Would have been a A if not for those and the few misses here and there.otherwise? Good shit Microsoft! Now, don’t fumble!

C.
This thread must be some kind of special trolling, right? I'll give it to their team, though, there was effort on it, definitely.
But even with some of the cool stuff (DOOM, MSFS, Indy), quite a few of the others were straight up garbage (SOD3, Avowed, PD, South of Midnight and Fable). Gears was a boring teaser for something not releasing in years, and COD is fucking COD.
Now, without crying, say it again 😂

C for me. A good showing but far too many coming in 2025 dates for my liking.

That said Avowed, Fable, Perfect Dark and Indy looked awesome

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
My gamepass is ending tomorrow. I wasn’t going to renew.

After seeing the endless day 1s I’m going to renew another 2 years on Tuesday.

Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

Fbh

Solid A.

Good pacing, lots of cool looking games, great mix of new reveals with updates on previously announced stuff and even though I'd have liked to see gameplay from Gears and a proper look at Fable it still overall showed a respectable amount of in game content.

Also that turn based RPG is one of the most interesting looking games announced at any of these events in a long time. Looks awesome

Deuterium

Solid "A". THE BEST gaming show I have seen in years. There are at least 7 titles that I am incredibly excited about. What a breath of fresh f'n air, after so many lame shows by both Microsoft and Sony in recent memory. I was very impressed by the amount of actual gameplay shown, and the fact that there were some genuine surprises of what looks like AAA quality titles. I am stoked. 2024 and especially 2025 are going to be amazing years for the Xbox brand.

After so much Xbox negativity (much of it deserved) and self-inflicted wounds on the part of Microsoft...it looks like the Tide has Turned.

FiGOHEIXoAEex7L

Last edited:

sachos

Its an A for me. Amazing show, is Xbox back? It really feels like they can compete if they keep this kind of energy moving forward. Wow.

IDappa

C.
Wot :messenger_tears_of_joy:

INC

Gold Member
not being an xbox fan, that was as decent showing. what more can you ask for really (more gameplay footage i guess), but at least xbox fans know they have a great line up to look forward to

Sorcerer

It was a decent showing for sure. The question is all of this culmination of year after year of practically nothing? Xbox is going to have a great showcase every 10 years? This is a great round, but what happens when this particular well runs dry, another ten years of practically nothing? And they have to give it all away on Gamepass.
Also the first 20 minutes of this showcase, the games seemed practically indistinshinuable genre wise. It could have been a long trailer for one game. Holy Christ, they are tripling down hard on FPS. The dudebro console is back.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
C.

One of the reasons it’s rightly getting pretty positive things said about it, is because by comparison to Sony’s fucking lazy, pointless, thrown together bullshit State Of Play, it was far, far better.

It featured a lot of games people are actually interested in playing, done in a quick fire manner that meant a lot was covered.

NahaNago

Needed a lot more gameplay and more games I would have been interested in. I gave it a rating of B because the showcase was really solid and is the best one this e3 season.

Definitely an A if we are looking at it relatively compared to the others we have seen. However, in isolation it's more a solid B. I want to see gameplay and have at least some kind of release date. Gears of War could be 2026 for all we know. Would have also liked a a drop of Activision games on game pass.

TrebleShot

Gold Member
Excellent showcase, reminded me of the 360 days.
Emphasis on Game Pass is a bit annoying, they dont need to remind us all the time it exists but I guess they are trying to grow it, it makes sense for xbox owners but if you play these games on PC your more likely to get them in a steam sale.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
They did, Doom Dark Ages is coming to the PS5 along with:

Add Mixtape to that list.

The show was pretty good. I must admit some envy as I watched as I assumed many of the shown titles would be exclusives but it seems most are multi plat (even more if you subscribe to the Indy/Flight Sim/Starfield… coming to ps5 rumours). It was a little disappointing to see so many of the anticipated Xbox titles just say “coming 2025” and rely so much on in-engine cutscenes. Also mixed feelings about everything coming day 1 to gamepass. Great for subscribers sure but as Mentioned many times before issues about devaluing titles, cannibalising sales, and so on. Did it feel like a last-ditch effort to grow sub numbers?

I really liked the new Dragon Age aesthetic, reminds me of Vox Machina mixed with Vinland Saga: looked dope to me: didn't feel trashed by DEI or SBI shite, looked very Dragon Age to me.

Did have a bit of a hero shooter element to it, but Dragon Age has always been way quickier than ME or the other BioWare properties: Allistair and Varric always had the lols: now, he's even got a beard - 10/10.

I see a lot more humor being injected and tbh, with all the grimdark around (which I love, don't get me wrong) - sometimes some Varric infused hilarity in Thedas is what you need.
Yeah it looked alright no idea why people wanted a bg3 looking game if its not going to live up to that expactations anyway.
I will do what I did with launch cyberpunk and just ignore da threads here.

GymWolf

Gold Member
You know what? I'm gonna lower the score to a b+.

They showed a lot of games but how much actual gameplay? Almost zero.

Hard to be excited for cutscenes and 3 sec gameplay cuts.

Dutchy

Solid B. Almost an A.

I had been giving Xbox a lot of shit for the past 3-4 years, and deservedly so. I've been called biased and a warrior on more than one occasion. Never understood that since I geniunely want to see my (formerly favorite) console fare well and we can only get there if we're honest about things.

The showcase was nothing short of incredible. Felt geniunely nostalgic over a showing for the first time in like a decade. It had something for everyone.

Only reason I'm not bumping it up to an A is because Xbox has made a lot of faulty promises and has (in my opinion) overhyped plenty of games with strong initial showings that eventually turned out to be extremely mediocre. Something tells me this time is different, but only time will tell.

TwiztidElf

We've learned absolutely nothing haven't we?
This was grade A Microsoft hype, and a heaps of folks are just lapping it up again.
Let's just wait and see eh? Microsoft have still not delivered anything.

Fredrik

Its an A for me. Amazing show, is Xbox back? It really feels like they can compete if they keep this kind of energy moving forward. Wow.
Phil said in an interview after the show that more games will be ported to other platforms, and about half they showed are multiplats. So I don’t think Xbox is back. But I absolutely think that Microsoft is growing into a games power house going by this show. It’s probably the best show they’ve made. And Gamepass is nuts! 80% of the trailers must’ve ended with that play day one with Gamepass video. If what they showed here is the norm on games output going forward then I’ll go into the always-subbing phase like with Spotify and Netflix. I literally won’t have the time to play all games I thought was interesting here.

I just want them to do a big screen mode now. Or even better, let Steam launch Gamepass games.

SABRE220

It was an A for me based on the low bar set this gen, could have used more gameplay but it legit reminded me of the 360days which is probably the biggest compliment I can give for the brand. Microsoft have been the butt of jokes the whole gen but credit where credit is due and they probably gave us the best game showcase of this gen and came out swinging.

The most surprising thing is that xbox managed to pull out all of the most impressive next gen graphics showcases this gen so far which says alot of sony this gen..I truly hope this gives sony a kick up their ass so they can actually start showing some games outside of their primary focus on gaas.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Gold Member
B. Only reason it's knocked down from A is that they still haven't learned to give less cinematic and more gameplay. Also, just having the Dragon Age trailer in there brings the average down. It's easy to turn a 3.8 GPA into a 2.9 with just a few bad grades. It was a great showcase though.

Easy A - An incredible show after so long for Xbox.

For me personally, MGS Delta, Gears E-Day, Doom: The Dark Ages, Wuchang: Fallen Feathers, Stalker 2, Avowed, Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 and Perfect Dark.

Msamy

Those 2.5 % who rate it (F) are sony fanboys who like any shit ( cros gen titles , gaas titles and showcase with astrobot as it's biggest surprise.).

dem

It was fine. I'd give it a B.

Not enough gameplay.

Indiana Jones showing cutscenes didn't help. Definitely looking very.. idtech.

Avowed is a very strange game... it goes from looking like UE5 game one minute.... to looking like Elder Scrolls Online the next minute.

State of Decay.. like holy shit. How are we not doing deep dives into gameplay at this point? Fuck Microsoft.. stop announcing shit so early.

Fable was just more cinematic crap. Not what anyone wanted to see. Show us real gameplay.

Stalker was just the same crap we've seen over and over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom