• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

• Total voters

Sacred

Not a Sony Fanboy, but you clearly are a "special" Microsoft Fanboy and butthurt someone doesn't share your opinion. Maybe get the psychological help you desperately need first before accusing others. Defending mindless corporations is beyond pathetic.
You so clearly are buddy, it's okay to just eat crow and admit it was a great showcase. Saying it's an F is just showing everyone that nobody should take you seriously.

Last edited:

fallingdove

State of Play FAQs :State of Play is our video program, showcasing all the latest updates, announcements and new trailers from the world of PlayStation.

Seems like the same thing no?

Edit : then they do the showcase which usually these days is a deap dive on one title?
Nope.

They have another show that is literally branded the PlayStation Showcase where the PS5 Pro is expected to be revealed. Its disingenuous to try and compare the scale of a tent pole event like the one we saw today from Xbox to the mini updates that Sony is doing several times throughout the year.

The showcase is also not some deep dive but you know that.

Last edited:

Astray

Will probably post more thoughts once I've digested this more. But this was a pretty great showcase from games perspective.

But it's also clear as day that the majority, if not all titles, will land elsewhere, so I question the wisdom of calling it the Xbox showcase when it offered very little in terms of assurances for the future of the brand (zero console exclusives, bewildering hardware refresh line-up).

A for the games shown.

D for Xbox growth impact.

clarky

Gold Member
Nope.

They have another show that is literally branded the PlayStation Showcase where the PS5 Pro is expected to be revealed. Its disingenuous to try and compare the scale of a tent pole event like the one we saw today from Xbox to the mini updates that Sony is doing several times throughout the year.
I just mentioned the showcase?

Edit: What do you mean nope? Thats Sony's own description of the event from their website.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Gears is what get my attention. The rest is middle finger.

And no gameplay again, besides Doom.

Tom Cruise What GIF

March Climber

Gold Member
You so clearly are buddy, it's okay to just eat crow and admit it was a great showcase. Saying it's an F is just showing everyone that nobody should take you seriously.
Actually you are reading him wrong. He is right, he's not a console fanboy. He is simply an edgy poster.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Best showcase in a several years. Solid B, maybe B+.

Meanwhile, Sony just sitting on their ass, no showcase, announcing a bunch of ridiculous GAAS shit and shit for kids, expecting me to be excited. I've given them nothing but F- all of their last several showcases.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Who cares? Ya'll always have to make this about childish console warring nonsense. I'm just excited to play some great games.
What was the big e3 moment that people will talk about for years? It was a good show but the early announcing needs to fucking stop. Would you have the same opinion of this show if Gears was held off another year? It could have been held off and then wow us with some gameplay when revealed.

clarky

Gold Member
Not much. More like cutscenes all over the place.
Pretty much every game had a trailer with gameplay included, unless you mean uninterrupted segments of gameplay?

Who would want that for every game shown today? That would get boring real fast and the show would be around 9 hours long.

Best Xbox show that I can remember.

Super excited for Fable and the graphics looked amazing.

The only negative thing I have to say is that I’m tired of Fallout 76 stuff and wish there was a proper Fallout to show

Gotta give it an A. It wasn't perfect and I'm not sure how many of those games are going to actually be good but... it's night and day compared to what Sony showed they absolutely steamrolled them with this show. It's probably too little too late but good show.

Gears 6 please be good :messenger_astonished:

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'll be probably playing most, if not all of those, on anything but am Xbox so yay for us!

A solid B from me. Ive also downgrade my Sony show to a C-.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
What was the big e3 moment that people will talk about for years? It was a good show but the early announcing needs to fucking stop. Would you have the same opinion of this show if Gears was held off another year? It could have been held off and then wow us with some gameplay when revealed.
Early announcing has been a staple of the e3 shows, Sony included?

Remember Sony's E3 2015 ? FF7 & Shenmue didn't release for years after that yet that show is regarded as an all timer.

splattered

With a show like that and from the reactions I've seen online so far I wonder if MS is feeling like they made a hasty decision putting a bunch of games on PS. Even as cool as this looks instill feel like it's inevitable future where ms Sony and others are publishing lots of games on other consoles.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Early announcing has been a staple of the e3 shows, Sony included?

Remember Sony's E3 2015 ? FF7 & Shenmue didn't release for years after that yet that show is regarded as an all timer.

Not to mention that like 90% of the games shown had 2024 or 2025 dates. Straight up grasping at straws here.

FUBARx89

C

While it had good announcements and that, it's still CGI trailers or "in engine" and no solid release dates.

Hillarious State Of Decay 3 after 4 years is still using "in engine" or CGI when showing it off.

Last edited:

Hunnybun

It was a fantastic show, right up there with Sony's one at E3 2016.

Only disappointments for me were Gears lacking gameplay (it was my most anticipated showing, so that kind of sucked), and I thought MGS looked quite rough. It was one of the least graphically impressive games of the entire show, imo.

Biggest surprise was Perfect Dark, which is stunningly beautiful. Overall highlight was Doom, which just looks amazing, and we know it actually will be. Can't wait to play that on my PS5 Pro...

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Wow that was great. But that's what happens when don't put out anything for 4 years. 😵‍💫

That new starfield expansion did even look like starfield. I'm intrigued...

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Perhaps unsurprisingly, PlayStation’s social media is already being peppered by disgruntled fans, desperate for the format holder to step up its livestream game. “I hope you watched the showcase,” one fan wrote. “This is what we want.” Another added: “Bring us a showcase this good.” One more simply settled for: “Learn from [the] Xbox Showcase, Sony.”

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Best game showcase I've seen in awhile honestly, wasn't expecting that at all considering Summer Game Fest and Sony's State of Play were both pretty ho hum for me. Hell, even the ones before that were more of the same. But here, even titles I personally don't care for, I know they're beloved and have a large following so the excitement was still present. Easy A for me. Also appreciated the amount of gameplay or in-game footage that was shown, and there was no down time in-between games.

High C but still a C. Can you honestly say you saw something you'll be talking about for years to come? That happens from an A show or Konami's infamous E3 show. I didn't watch the COD showcase because I have no interest in it. The show needs to wow for a higher rating. Being better than two other shows (Geoff's and PS) doesn't in itself merit a high rating.

Some of the games coming soon should show more gameplay. Some of the games announced years ago should now have been announced. Its not a surprise to see a promo of a game announced a few years ago. I'd have preferred nothing earlier. The problems with announcing too early I suppose.

Matt Booty's speech...Holy fuck!!! Rewatch and cut out all the ABK and Bethesda games talk. He just ignored most of the older studios who contributed to this very show. There was even stage where he could have thrown a bone like Sea of Thieves. Why does he still have a job?

Sarah Bond eating the shit sandwich to announce new SKU for consoles that have flatlined with the general public. 600 for a 2TB Xbox? The fucking nerve.

This entire thread is a case study on psychological anchoring, where Xbox fans have been so abused for so long they don't even know what a good showcase looks like. And of recency bias too, with Playstation fans going absolutely crazy because there has been a couple year drought of big first party games (because they blew their load late PS4 era and half of them went cross-gen while dev time has steadily increased to nearly the entire timeframe of a console generation).

captainpat

A, The doom trailer alone was enough to elevate it to B. Stuff like Clair Obscur: Expedition 33, perfect dark (dei face not-withstanding), gears of war, and wucchang pushed it up.

Schmendrick

Best gaming showcase in a long time. B from me even though there wasn´t a lot for me personally.
A shame that Gears seems to be very far off if they couldn´t even name a year.

Last edited:
A + . That was amazing. Cant even lie i dont understand how anyone says less than A that show had so much variety & simply just some amazing looking games. Perfect Dark Fable Gears that Expedition 33 😲. South by Midnight. Stalker. Indiana Jones. I seen someone say too many 2025’s to give it an A lol. One year out ? Really? Cmon. Good for Xbox. PS is comfortably in first place but clearly based on their state of play compared to this they are definitely complacent. Hopefully Xbox starts to pick up some steam so Sony has to compete again and all of us players will benefit from it 💪 Competition is good !! lol

Top Bottom