• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

PKrockin

It's the gameplay, not the story that they're going for. How can people not understand this?

I made a thread on it back when Nintendo Land came out -- but Nintendo Land's Zelda was, in many regards in multiplayer...more fun than Skyward Sword to me.

It's about fun. Not image.
Is that why they included a movie mode where you can enjoy the story through the long cutscenes and cinematic sequences without having to play?

JoeM86

This is so terrible.... SMH Ninty

You'll take one of the most beloved franchises and ruin it with Dynasty Warriors crap, yet you won't bring games to the more popular consoles

Expecting to sell 150 copies??? I wish you great success

You're right. This game, developed by a company away from Nintendo, clearly means Nintendo should kill their business and develop for third parties. Love the logic.

-----

This game does look good. The graphics are a bit rough around the edges, but it has potential. Looking forward to it.

hitmon

I could get behind this. I wonder what other playable characters will be available besides Link and (assuming Zelda). Would be a weird Musuo game with only one playable character.

The fun of DW games is the multiple playable characters...

...so we're looking at Zelda and Sheik being playable, right? Who else? Toon Link, Skyward Link, Link Between Worlds.. Link?

Jarate

Banned
Bokoblin genocide =( This game looks bad from all angles.

Why Tecmo. Why not From Soft, imagine what could have been...

look at the sales of from software titles and look at the sales of Musou titles, especially in Japan.

The way Gaf thinks, every game should be made by From Software, Blizzard, and Valve

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This looks terrible, wow. I hope this doesn't cheapen the Zelda series reputation.

Mondy

Banned
Okay just watched the game in motion and holy triforce of fuck it looks terrible. It looks like a Wii game but with the processing power to handle that many concurrent enemies.

kuroshiki

People seem pretty split on this. A lot of people are super hyped, and others are crying murder. Count me in as excited. I guess this is to hold us over for Zelda U, which I'm guess is given a break to come in 2015. Good plan. Keeps the Zelda fans happy, and gives them enough time to fully cook up the next Zelda mainline.

I'll give this a shot, when I pick up a Wii U in the tail end of 2014.

I have no problem with ppl being excited about this. I have problem with ppl who shitted on DW who just now suddenly say DW formula is so god damn fucking awesome second coming of christ.

That's hypocrisy right there.

Looking forward to some ultra responsive Zelda Musou action. It looks early but the possibilities, THE POSSIBILITIES! I wonder what characters OF will make playable.

sensui-tomo

The last one I played was the first Gundam one and Samurai Warriors 3 (if that counts?).

Oh okay but it was pretty huge in Ocarina of Time.

Go out and rent DW7 or Warriors orochi 3 just to get an idea on what you'll be playing, the series has changed alot since those games.

Scarecrow

I was recently thinking that I'd like a Zelda game where he's as agile and quick as he is in this one. Hope he's as spry in the real WiiU Zelda.

jmizzal

Watch this game have a Mario 3D world turn around when we see the next trailer
Many playable characters Zelda, Sheik, Gannondorf
Online co-op
Graphics look a lil better
Many locations
Epona

I don't know why but for some reason this makes me wish for a Dark Souls Zelda game.

Well, I know why, cause it would be f**king awesome, but yeah. I guess because now it seems a little more 'so there's a chance?'

FranXico

The fact that Nintendo is nowadays more willing to outsource spinoffs to their greatest franchises is kind of a big deal. It shows how they are opening up more.

Zinthar

Its good enough to be on its 8th literation, 4th on the samurai series and 3rd on the Warriors orochi series, 4th in gundam, and they have worked with tecmo-koei on other games too , Pokemon conquest... seriously DW isnt bad, its the 3D version of old side scrolling beat em ups.

Having many iterations is proof of little more than a fan base that will buy enough copies to make the project profitable.

Gsnap

Looks fun enough, I guess. Not sure where all the hate is coming from. It's just a spin-off. If we were drowning in Zelda spin-offs and couldn't get a real game I'd be hating along with you all, but this is one of what? Two? The last of which came out several years ago.

No reason to be upset.

Mondy

Banned
Looks fun enough, I guess. Not sure where all the hate is coming from. It's just a spin-off. If we were drowning in Zelda spin-offs and couldn't get a real game I'd be hating along with you all, but this is one of what? Two? The last of which came out several years ago.

No reason to be upset.

Calling the game ugly and bad looking is being upset now?

Is that why they included a movie mode where you can enjoy the story through the long cutscenes and cinematic sequences without having to play?

Are you talking about Other M? I've already established I agree the story to be atrocious as far as Samus' character is concerned. I just happen to think that Other M is superior in gameplay to most Wii efforts, if not all of them.

Rreally hope Link isn't the only playable character, they have a real opportunity to try stuff the couldn't in a main Zelda.

Shiek would be great as an agility and speed ninja type playable character.

DeaviL

Banned
I love Dynasty Warriors games, the worst thing about them is their framerate.
(More DW on PC please)

Let's just hope that them working with Nintendo makes a Dynasty Warriors game that hits a smooth FPS without slowdowns for once.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Because the Zelda animated show never existed, it's not like Nintendo hasn't done this with their other properties!

ZELDA IS TO SACRED EVEN THOUGH A TON OF SHITTY ZELDA PRODUCTS EXISTED IN THE PAST, LET'S IGNORE THEM AND JUST GET ANGRY AT A VIDEO GAME THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT TO PLAY
So you're saying that the wand of gamalon was a good thing?

Zalman

Rreally hope Link isn't the only playable character, they have a real opportunity to try stuff the couldn't in a main Zelda.

Shiek would be great as an agility and speed ninja type playable character.
The title suggests there are multiple warriors, doesn't it? Of course, it could simply refer to the enemies.

Air

Banned
Game makes me feel eh, as I've never really been into these games, but they seem popular enough for other people so that's cool. Also it's hilarious how people are crying about the poor ip when there have been a handful of mediocre Zelda skinned games in the last 10 years. Ya'll need to get over yourselves.

sensui-tomo

I love Dynasty Warriors games, the worst thing about them is their framerate.
(More DW on PC please)

Let's just hope that them working with Nintendo makes a Dynasty Warriors game that hits a smooth FPS without slowdowns for once.

yeah...i dont see that happening, see there was a port of Warriors orochi 3 for the wii-u, and well it was worse than the heavily compressed wo3 xbox 360 port.

Mariolee

This looks terrible, wow. I hope this doesn't cheapen the Zelda series reputation.

Again. I don't think this will do anything to "cheapen" the franchise that survived this:

Cdi_link1.jpg

Ithil

I think he's saying it didn't blow up the Nintendo HQ by existing or doom the Zelda franchise. So if this doesn't interest you, fine, ignore it, it's not changing the rest of the series. The melodramatic "DOOOOM" talk is pointless.

Jarate

Banned

Yeah that's totally what im saying!

No, im saying that Nintendo has done this a lot, and ya'll shouldn't be mad. It's a fucking video game, if you don't like it, cool, but there are a lot of people who do like these games (especially in the East).

Considering Ive bought most Musou games, yes I would

The decision behind this game was made as follows -
"Hey everybody, we need some profits for the ? quarter of 2014. What can we do?"
"I have an idea, let's get Tecmo to re-fit a moderately successful yet ultimately empty franchise with Zelda characters. It will barely cost them anything, yet it will sell like crazy because our fans will buy anything with Link's face slapped on it!"
"Done."

Top Bottom