• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

SmokyDave

23b481b0c8a066cae072d110.L.jpg

You callin' LCT 'dodgy'?

Them's fighting words 'round my way.

jay

What is the logic behind worrying about a series reputation? I mean beyond my favorite company has a better series than your favorite company arguments.

KoopaTheCasual

I have no problem with ppl being excited about this. I have problem with ppl who shitted on DW who just now suddenly say DW formula is so god damn fucking awesome second coming of christ.

That's hypocrisy right there.

True, that's bullshit how quick people change their tune, but I've never seen the reason for the Dynasty Warriors hate. It's dumb fun, and the WiiU could use some of them, while Bayonetta 2 is still in the cooker. Announcing a title like this, I feel, is better than announcing yet another niche title for the WiiU, or another platformer that will continually warp public perception of Nintendo consoles and their offerings being too "kiddy".

Gsnap

Calling the game ugly and bad looking is being upset now?

Nah. And if my post were only directed at you, maybe you'd have a point. But it's a general post, directed at the many people who seem legitimately upset. Saying it harms the IP certainly seems like something an upset person would say.

sensui-tomo

Juliet's 8½ Spirits;94011694 said:
Out of all the things they could have done with the Zelda franchise, they do this...

could be worse, could be a zelda collection of mini games or wand of gamelon all over again,

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Do they want to milk Zelda like Mario? What the is the bloody point, doesn't look good enough to tack on Zelda name and characters, something like a skin in Monster Hunter 4 was fine.

I guess this will be $60 because something something devaluing games.

Pointless game.

Jarate

Banned
The decision behind this game was made as follows -
"Hey everybody, we need some profits for the ? quarter of 2014. What can we do?"
"I have an idea, let's get Tecmo to re-fit a moderately successful yet ultimately empty franchise with Zelda characters. It will barely cost them anything, yet it will sell like crazy because our fans will buy anything with Link's face slapped on it!"
"Done."

wait, are you implying that companies want to make money

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, CALL UP FUCKING LENIN, HE NEEDS TO HEAR ABOUT THIS SHIT

daakusedo

They got the idea from skyward sword finale obviously.
Like you got a shoot em up level in 3d world from the double cherry.
But doesn't seem to use motion controls, now I would like that.

PKrockin

Are you talking about Other M? I've already established I agree the story to be atrocious as far as Samus' character is concerned. I just happen to think that Other M is superior in gameplay to most Wii efforts, if not all of them.
Oh, were you talking about Hyrule Warriors? I might have misread and thought you were talking about Other M with the bolded.

From watching theater mode it looks kind of shallow and full of flashy finisher animations. But I haven't played it.

Jrs3000

Any reason why Earth Defense Force seems to be better received by GAF than these games?

One's a button masher hack and slash through dumb ai, the other is TPS fighting mass hordes of enemies with everything being destroyed in the wake of the onslaught. You take your pick.

jay

I have no problem with ppl being excited about this. I have problem with ppl who shitted on DW who just now suddenly say DW formula is so god damn fucking awesome second coming of christ.

That's hypocrisy right there.

I also hate hippocrates.

This thread reminds me that I have a copy of Links Crossbow Training that I have never played....Never even owned the Zapper, my older bro just walked in my room one day and threw it on my bed without saying a word.

Myriadis

Having many iterations is proof of little more than a fan base that will buy enough copies to make the project profitable.

Which just means that it is good enough to have a profitable fanbase.

And I love it that Nintendo does something like this. It's something no one excepted, absolutely unpredictable, unlike the boring, too safe stuff the gamers want. No matter the outcome, I hope that Nintendo will also suprise me on the next directs.

I think this game could be fun or it could be totally awful, but neither result is entirely dependent on the history of the two series it mashes together.

There have been good DW games and bad DW games. Until we find out where this one puts it's focus and aren't going off a single trailer without a final name, it's pretty impossible to say.

baphomet

So the only way Nintendo could get even a low-mid tier developer to develop for the Wii U was to give them one of their most popular characters?

What is the logic behind worrying about a series reputation? I mean beyond my favorite company has a better series than your favorite company arguments.

well i was going to buy pokemon x but then i found out that nintendo made a pokemon x nobunaga's ambition crossover, which really means that pokemon is devalued in my eyes

same with zelda. people were saying link between worlds was the best game in the series in years and was "saving" zelda but then they announced they were making a dumb licensed spinoff with the dumb licensed spinoff company so i guess albw isn't good anymore and if the next zelda game is good too then i might not get it

Zinthar

The decision behind this game was made as follows -
"Hey everybody, we need some profits for the ? quarter of 2014. What can we do?"
"I have an idea, let's get Tecmo to re-fit a moderately successful yet ultimately empty franchise with Zelda characters. It will barely cost them anything, yet it will sell like crazy because our fans will buy anything with Link's face slapped on it!"
"Done."

Exactly.

Frankly, when it comes to bleeding IP's to death, Bobby Kotick really has nothing on Iwata.

HyperHip

Fuck a Zelda Warriors game?? Sign me right the fuck up! Hoping for other playable races, imagine mowing cats down as a goron warrior!

ShenmueNextGen

Neo Member
I am not a massive fan of Zelda, though if you ask me that looks exciting. Seems like something fresh, you know. Zelda games need for once that hard rock action and something like epic crowded battles. It could appeal to more Western fans too?

AGoodODST

Fuck a Zelda Warriors game?? Sign me right the fuck up! Hoping for other playable races, imagine mowing cats down as a goron warrior!

That's a great idea actually. I had only thought about it in the context of what different characters they could have. Having Gorons, Zora ect could be a good way of giving characters really different styles.

Bsigg12

So, is there any speculation on if we'll get to choose which Link or character we play as? I'm assuming the game will have a pretty large cast of playable characters by the Warriors part of the title.

PKrockin

You've never avoided the latest game in a series because their recent games have been worse?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Here is what you need to know about Musou games:

1) Always play on a fairly high difficulty. The game is on baby mode for like the first three difficulties. Enemies barely attack, they all stand in circles and send one guy at you at a time like a dance battle, and there's never any pressure between two choices or how fast you can get somewhere with that level of AI.

2) Every trailer is always on an easy difficulty. It's impossible to get a feel for the AI without actually playing it or seeing the game LPed on Youtube. Everyone just gathers around Link here because it's probably on easy,

3) They are ultimately high-score games. Yeah, I suppose you can just put it on easy and press the attack button three times, but you're going to get a shitty score by doing so. By making the most efficient route, using combos and area attacks, and fighting smartly, you maximize your score. It's okay to still not like that genre, but recognize the genre for what it is before you dislike it.

This is a good explanation and needs to be quoted again.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just want the Zelda series to have a healthy future is all. I don't want the public thinking this is the new mainline Zelda.

duckroll

Spin-off or not, this is not a good look for Nintendo.
First new Zelda game on the WiiU and it looks like that?
Fire Emblem might have been an appropriate franchise to do this with, but Zelda should be a gated IP, a gold standard.

Really upset about this as a Zelda fan.

bUeP2cE.jpg

Dat gold standard.

Jarate

Banned
Exactly.

Frankly, when it comes to bleeding IP's to death, Bobby Kotick really has nothing on Iwata.

Oh man, Star Wars action figures, this is ruining the brand reputation!

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE MAKING A MICKEY MOUSE LUNCH BOX, THIS SHIT HAS GOT TO STOP

This thread shows that people have absolutely 0 practical business sense at all

wait, are you implying that companies want to make money

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, CALL UP FUCKING LENIN, HE NEEDS TO HEAR ABOUT THIS SHIT

Sure they do, but they should at least appear to be trying to win your hard-earned cash. Some people reward companies with their dough for trying really hard to make a great game. Some people reward companies with their dough for releasing an uninspired, low production cost, yet insanely marked-up and re-skinned turd-nugget. To each his own.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Well that destroys any hope of a proper Zelda U in 2014.

Fucking WiiU still has not a single, sprawling single player adventure /RPG with a release data after over a year on the market. I certainly regret my day 1 purchase. X better come out in 2014.

Darryl

Banned
I like all of these crossovers. I actually asked for this one. Next up on my cross-over wishlist is Soul Calibur x Legend of Zelda.

Top Bottom