• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Ryse's multiplayer looks nothing like the released footage, doesn't feel nextgen

BigDug13

Does anyone remember there is a member here who said XBone games would look amazing at E3 but in the end they would be downgraded BADLY and they'd probably look nothing like they did in the first showing?

I'm starting to believe it.

People shitted on Randy Pitchford for the bait and switch job they did with Aliens Colonial Marines (which was fully deserved). But honestly, I saw it as more of an indication of what we can expect from multiple companies showing BS demos that do not represent the actual game.

Jomjom

Banned
I don't think anyone seriously thought this game was any good gameplay wise from the get go right? Nothing very surprising. It's not a great sign for the game when the footage they show off looks horrible gameplay wise. Everything positive that has been said about the game has been that the graphics are top notch.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
People shitted on Randy Pitchford for the bait and switch job they did with Aliens Colonial Marines (which was fully deserved). But honestly, I saw it as more of an indication of what we can expect from multiple companies showing BS demos that do not represent the actual game.

That's not who I am talking about at all.

statham

He said across the board. So games are probably (temporarily) affected.

SP? As far as I remember the game doesn't even allow to shoot at her (grey reticule).
no, shes got in my way and I killed things behind her. but I'm bailing, I don't want the story to be ruined.

BigDug13

That's not who I am talking about at all.

Oh I know that. I'm just saying I saw what happened with Randy as the start of a trend, and nothing I've heard so far refutes my belief. Not saying the guy you were talking about was Randy.

But I can see why others are starting to say the same thing that demos will impress and the finished product will not for games in general, and I feel like it will get worse on the AAA side as publishers want to try to convince people to buy their games sight unseen. Preorder bonuses based on a demo that doesn't represent the finished product to try to hook you in. That's the goal of some.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Saw the game at pax today and the game mechanics don't feel fresh at all.

To put it in simple words: Batman games have better fighting, so why should I buy Ryse?

I have no reason.

Forza is also underwhelming.

Killer Instinct Is awesome, just awesome. They copied SF4 HARD, and did it well. Day 1 for me.

Titanfall looks awesome and super fun as well. Another day 1.

More AAA gifs from the other thread

ryyoqu54.gif

O wow..

Does anyone remember there is a member here who said XBone games would look amazing at E3 but in the end they would be downgraded BADLY and they'd probably look nothing like they did in the first showing?

Joke?

Yeah, lets ignore all of the Forza, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, and Project Spark gameplay videos and act like Ryse represents The Xbox One's entire lineup.

Iacobellis

Saw the game at pax today and the game mechanics don't feel fresh at all.

To put it in simple words: Batman games have better fighting, so why should I buy Ryse?

I have no reason.

Forza is also underwhelming.

Killer Instinct Is awesome, just awesome. They copied SF4 HARD, and did it well. Day 1 for me.

Titanfall looks awesome and super fun as well. Another day 1.

Why is Forza underwhelming? Is it the visuals?

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Joke?

Yeah, lets ignore all of the Forza, Killer Instinct, Titanfall, and Project Spark gameplay videos and act like Ryse represents The Xbox One's entire lineup.

Ryse and Forza are the only really beautiful games imo, and Ryse doesn't really look hot in new videos. Forza is still looking nice.

Thugway said that.

Btw don't worry about Ryse, this is an early demo

StevieP

Banned
Well at least it's an indicator that they're not playing the PC build that Crytek has been using to make the trailers and screenshots lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
game looks like everything that's wrong with gaming.

in other words it looks like hot garbage.

shame because I like ancient rome as a setting, more video games should exploit that setting.

ElFly

Are people really interested in Ryse? I thought any interest died during the E3 demo.

Come on MS fans, there are way more interesting exclusives for the Xbone.

I have a friend at work who wants to preorder this game along with an Xbox One starting next paycheck. I was going to be a friend at some point and tell him to stay away from it. However, he just had to be a fanboy around work and said some negative things about me in order to sell friends on the Xbox one that I just said to myself "You know, I'll just stay out of his purchasing decisions since he wants to be involved in everyone else's. He'll learn to shut up after he wastes 60 dollars of his money". I don't talk to very many people about gaming at work and I certainly don't go down the "Such and such is uncool and you don't want to be like him/her" route.

Even though I think the game looks uninspired, ragging on Ryse for its bugs at this stage is unfair. Humorous but unfair.

I tend to agree. I think the gameplay in Ryse looks downright awful, from the incessant QTE, to the shallow combat, to the focus on brutality for the sake of brutality, and the IGN video basically confirms all those observations for me.

BUT, I think getting down on the game for the jank at this stage is probably unreasonable. No telling when the build was from, and these sort of things will have more time to be ironed out.

Riki

This is how I feel about most of the games shown so far for the PS4 and XB1. Outside of better lighting and particles, it's all the same stuff we've seen before, but even more boring.

AlexBasch

I would be sighing through watching my death in a multiplayer game thinking "You done pressing A?"

Oh my fucking god, the Elaine kick.

Top Bottom