• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Ryse's multiplayer looks nothing like the released footage, doesn't feel nextgen

oh my... they'll probably iron out all the glitches but if it still lacks content the game might have to rely on its single player... which from what I heard impressions about may not be a good sign
of course I haven't played it so I personally know nothing

lolryseiesg2.gif

What the hell's happening on like the 6x-10x? It looks like he's slapping him with that sword. is that supposed to be the sword slicing or stabbing the guy?

Also I love the big stab to the gut for number 11x and the dude just stands there like nothing's happening. No blood of anything.

Mononoke

Banned
I've always thought this game looked bad. During E3, the game looked very sluggish and choppy (the single player), and the graphics didn't look that amazing. Yet, all I kept hearing from gamers is that it was far the best looking game at launch. I never got it. I still see people say that on GAF in every other thread.

Disappointing, looked like a promising game. I was thinking about getting an X1 in spring, but I'll probably end up waiting till fall next year. I can get Titanfall on my PC or 360, same for project Spark. Forza 5 looks great and I hate missing out on it, but Driveclub and GT6 will keep me busy for now. I'm still really skeptical of Killer Instinct, not holding to much hope for it (yes, it does look good so far but the developer's history isn't really assuring). Honestly, I wish MS would have some better games, something we can't get anywhere else. Heck, I'm looking forward to Halo 5 but after Halo 4, I don't think I have enough confidence in the series to buy the console just for it. So really, I don't get why MS expects us to buy their machine at this point. Or at least, they haven't done a good job of it, especially with KZSF and Infamous Second Son (surprisingly) looking so amazing. MS needs to step up their game or am I missing something here?

Despite Ithink so far the only game that seems to be next gen is TitanFall, I looking for the campaign.
Still is a post review purchase.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
What the hell's happening on like the 6x-10x? It looks like he's slapping him with that sword. is that supposed to be the sword slicing of stabbing the guy?

Also I love the big stab to the gut for number 11x and the dude just stands there like nothing's happening. No blood of anything.
I'm more confused by the very end. Is he finishing him off with a pelvic thrust?

Mononoke

Banned
Despite Ithink so far the only game that seems to be next gen is TitanFall, I looking for the campaign.
Still is a post review purchase.

Infamous looks Next Gen. So does Forza.

Everything else looks just okay. Ryse + Knack + Driveclub + Deadrising all look current gen.

Duke Togo

Ryse provides rich experiences exclusively through the 'A' button. Preorder bonus: QTE's using the triggers! Win with not one but three buttons!

shinnn

What the hell's happening on like the 6x-10x? It looks like he's slapping him with that sword. is that supposed to be the sword slicing or stabbing the guy?

The AI got stucked in that part of the scenario.It happened in other video that I saw. The AI just freeze there.

njean777

It seems to be a bad GOW ripoff, which is the exact thing I said after seeing the E3 trailer. It just has Romans instead of greek gods and monsters, also worse presentation.

synce

I did get a tech demo vibe from the initial footage. Same with Deep Down and The Order. "In-engine" is the new way of saying "gameplay looks nothing like this"

Amir0x

Banned
It seems to be a bad GOW ripoff, which is the exact thing I said after seeing the E3 trailer. It just has Romans instead of greek gods and monsters, also worse presentation.

It actually seems to be a bad Arkham Asylum ripoff in terms of gameplay, with a cheap, more grounded God of War-style aesthetic. Which makes sense, given Crytek went with the Romans, who themselves simply copied the Greeks religious Gods.

This game has looked like crap from the outset.

I feel it is pretty much doomed to failure at this point. I've already written it off. I suppose there is a slim chance it could turn out OK, but the combat mechanics look so bland.

All I can say is MS better hope that Dead Rising 3 delivers for launch. DR3 is the only thing I want near launch right now. If that turns out bad, I am definitely not picking one up.

Oh I know that. I'm just saying I saw what happened with Randy as the start of a trend, and nothing I've heard so far refutes my belief. Not saying the guy you were talking about was Randy.

But I can see why others are starting to say the same thing that demos will impress and the finished product will not for games in general, and I feel like it will get worse on the AAA side as publishers want to try to convince people to buy their games sight unseen. Preorder bonuses based on a demo that doesn't represent the finished product to try to hook you in. That's the goal of some.

So why aren't you making similar posts in threads about Sony games? Like the thread about the Killzone Pax demo?

Pretty much everything you post is about how Microsoft sucks, lets not pretend like you are sitting here posting about some trend in the gaming industry when all you are doing is your latest shit on Microsoft post.

Amir0x

Banned
This game has looked like crap from the outset.

I feel it is pretty much doomed to failure at this point. I've already written it off. I suppose there is a slim chance it could turn out OK, but the combat mechanics look so bland.

All I can say is MS better hope that Dead Rising 3 delivers for launch. DR3 is the only thing I want near launch right now. If that turns out bad, I am definitely not picking one up.

And all reports consistently keep saying how Dead Rising 3's framerate is fucking hell on Earth and the company says they're 'targeting' 30fps :(

I don't get it...sooo, it's not the same game or what? How can it not look the same, do they have some separate code of the game running and saving some horrible code for shows lol?

All I can say is Colonial Marines. Somewhere exists a version of that game with deferred rendering lighting, tangible atmosphere, and overall visual and mechanical polish; a version that existed in a playable form that literally hundreds of people were able to experience in both hands on multiplayer and campaign.

The release code is nothing like it. I don't think this will happen with Ryse, but it could be the case right now.

BigDug13

So why aren't you making similar posts in threads about Sony games? Like the thread about the Killzone Pax demo?

Pretty much everything you post is about how Microsoft sucks, lets not pretend like you are sitting here posting about some trend in the gaming industry when all you are doing is your latest shit on Microsoft post.

I have made similar posts. Anyone who preorders unestablished IP's are rolling the dice. Knack, Driveclub, Ryse. They are heavy dice rolls to preorder without reading reviews. It's not like these games are going to be sold out on either system. I'm the one who spent $420 this past generation only on Live Gold and have thousands of dollars in digital purchases for my 360 and have owned nearly every system since the NES and have been gaming since my dad bought an Atari 2600 on release day. So I guess that makes me biased towards Sony but whatever. I guess at this point I have been leaning in that direction because frankly, Microsoft has shown me a side I wasn't expecting.

I would assume the issues with Killzone can still be fixed. The problems with Ryse aren't just graphical issues, or bad animations, it's the gameplay itself and 2 months from launch, that's not a good thing. The two present very different problems.

I have made similar posts. Anyone who preorders unestablished IP's are rolling the dice. Knack, Driveclub, Ryse. They are heavy dice rolls to preorder without reading reviews. It's not like these games are going to be sold out on either system. I'm the one who spent $420 this past generation only on Live Gold and have thousands of dollars in digital purchases for my 360 and have owned nearly every system since the NES and have been gaming since my dad bought an Atari 2600 on release day. So I guess that makes me biased towards Sony but whatever. I guess at this point I have been leaning in that direction because frankly, Microsoft has shown me a side I wasn't expecting.

bullshit, pretty much every post you have made recently is in some kind of microsoft sucks type of thread.

or stuff like
I can understand some of the idolizing of Cerny. For the first time ever in the history of the Playstation Brand, they have the definitive most powerful console that is the easiest to develop for and Cerny is the face of its design. And he's also part of the core team of individuals responsible for returning Sony's philosophy to its PS1 roots while even improving beyond the PS1's policies. (Such as no 2D games allowed on PS1 was an actual policy that had to be lifted for Castlevania)

Oh yeah, you also defend any kind of criticism that is made towards the playstation stuff.

Honestly though, why do you have so many posts in the xbox criticism type threads?

Like this threadwhere you posted dozens of times.

Always gotta talk about dat paywall right?

link1201

Hopefully the SP is good,....wouldn't be the first time MP has suffered for a better SP...I am hoping this is the case at least...will definitely rent before I buy.

I like the premise so I am hoping it has a turn around.

BigDug13

bullshit, pretty much every post you have made recently is in some kind of microsoft sucks type of thread.

or stuff like

Oh yeah, you also defend any kind of criticism that is made towards the playstation stuff.

Honestly though, why do you have so many posts in the xbox criticism type threads?

Sure man. I guess paywall and other problems that I personally dealt with and now have a 360 that can't even do Netflix, it's just pure unbridled anti-MS Bias and I don't have a leg to stand on. And I guess I'm not allowed to alter my stance on what console is producing greater value to me. And according to you, I'm full of shit that I've been a complete multiconsole and PC owner for years. Is there some reason you're compiling a quote list on me? Is this some sort of personal attack vendetta because I said some disparaging remarks towards a company you support? I think you need to not worry about what I post in the same way I don't worry about yours. We can disagree in a discussion without personal attacks.

Ploid 3.0

More AAA gifs from the other thread

ryyoqu54.gif

I don't want to crap on a unfinished slice of a game which is from months ago, but this made me think of the Elane dance

znPS3i4.gif

Edit: Beaten

Another thing about that gif.

Soldier Execution

Soldier Hit

Soulja Boy

Am I allowed to defend this the same way some users defended Drive Club? The game was running on a 35% complete build? :p

How recent and new is this build, from what I've seen, Forza and Battlefield 4 were running on old builds, I wouldn't be surprised if Ryse is running on a older build, before the combat changes were being made. Or at least, this is what I'm hoping for.

Metfanant

or stuff like

what exactly did he say that was wrong??...

the Cerny post is almost spot on to reality...knocking MS for their paywall policies are certainly a realistic argument...

im thinking you just dont like what he has to say...

Top Bottom