• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In retrospect, Macklemore is the only rapper with something to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
If he was wrongly banned, all it takes is a simply "Sorry, we were a little too quick on the trigger!" and an un-ban or shortening the ban for other reasons (don't know if he said anything rude or offensive). If it's a correct ban, then WHATEVS BRAH #REKT

Then it's over, no one cares anymore, and we can move on.

Sendou

Moderation and the way bans are handled can't be discussed openly in threads. If you want to know more, PMing a mod is the best way to do that.

Except when there's a thread like this where the only point is public shaming. They locked the thread but opened it again when they decided to ban the OP. What else is there to discuss but the ban?

Wow, i thought the guy was legit and all that... i feel bad taking him into consideration in some threads. Now that he's a PR person... eughhh

Never knew MS payed people to spread good news on message boards... weird.

zeorhymer

In this post here, he admits to working in a PR firm and looks at replies from their point of view and spins it as if PR is great for the customers (which isn't always the case.)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=116957996&highlight=pr#post116957996

But from the OP and original title, he's straight up telling the consumers that we're all a bunch of morons and it's time to be "re-educated." Not only does that come off as confrontational as you can get, but it also paints a picture of the poster being a total zealot and having fingers in their ears and go la la la la la. It only makes the case of the post astroturfing even more believable.

Krejlooc

Banned
Thats sad and pathetic. Any and I mean ANY company who does this should be ashamed of this. This is a disservice to their customers and the industry they are in. this shit needs to stop.

Every company anywhere tries agenda setting. Thats what advertising is.

MisterHero

While Bish is probably rash in his Page 1 judgment, the thread title is still correct. prmax is an unfortunate name for an email

Also I don't like either XBO or PS4. I don't have an HDTV so I can't even play PS4

/gaming ghetto

vcc

Titus goes on a wild rant... mod outright bans him for suspicion of astroturfing and expresses great joy for doing so... other members point out that he wasn't in fact "shilling".......

....sigh.

It's more pointing out the email doesn't suggest he's shilling. He's probably not and he's just aggressively fanboying.

L Thammy

The conspiracy theorist in me makes me think they're all conferring about it now, since I haven't seen any red names in a while.

Is that a conspiracy theory? I used to be a mod on a MMORPG message board. That's what we did when we did when things got complicated. I'm almost 100% sure that the mods are talking it out on IRC right now.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I agree with OP. Almost every part of it. It's a bit condescending, but other than that I do agree.

A-V-B

In this post here, he admits to working in a PR firm and looks at replies from their point of view and spins it as if PR is great for the customers (which isn't always the case.)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=116957996&highlight=pr#post116957996

But from the OP and original title, he's straight up telling the consumers that we're all a bunch of morons and it's time to be "re-educated." Not only does that come off as confrontational as you can get, but it also paints a picture of the poster being a total zealot and having fingers in their ears and go la la la la la. It only makes the case of the post astroturfing even more believable.

goldblum-wellthereitis.gif

Hawk269

Are some of saying that a MOD publically outted this guy using a PR email and unlocked a locked thread and changed the title to tell everyone he used a PR email account?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Thankfully, we have mods who are always eager to pull the trigger on those pesky Microsoft shills. Too eager, it would appear.

Yes, that was the sort of quality posting I want to see here. Tragic ban.

My head is spinning. Stepped away for 30 minutes and this thread has gone insane.

Buried within all the strawmans and the childish vitriol, there were a few decent points in the OP. I do notice a fair amount of console warriors here that can't have a reasonable discussion about XB1 in 2014 b/c they can't get over reversed policies in 2013. So, sure OP, go ahead and "educate those fools", Mr. T style.

The problem is that some of those policies aren't reversible. Mattrick may be gone, but we're still stuck with his underpowered machine that can't run multiplat games as well as PS4. No amount of cloud processing can eliminate Mattrick's decision to gimp the hardware specs in favor of all-in-one entertainment options that the market didn't want. The proper way to bridge the power gap is with exclusives, and Phil should be praised for starting that process. But, for most people, we're still A LONG WAYS AWAY from the day where you can say "the power gap doesn't matter because XB1 has such great exclusives". Until that day, "the fools" have perfectly justifiable reasons for criticizing the XB1 and its' 2013 roll-out.

PJV3

Im alright with a zero tolerance policy towards people connected with PR, even if it wasn't a motivating factor in the opening post.

No, we're talking about bronies in IRC.

QA9JYb1.gif

...Are you plotting to turn them into your personal bear army?!

Is that a conspiracy theory? I used to be a mod on a MMORPG message board. That's what we did when we did when things got complicated. I'm almost 100% sure that the mods are talking it out on IRC right now.

Not really, it makes perfect sense. I just couldn't think of the right wording. The authority figure in me, maybe?

MattyG

Banned
I don't even know what's going on on here. Can someone explain it to me? I feel like I missed a crucial detail.

Edit: wait, I think I'm starting to understand... and it's glorious.

MormaPope

Banned
Except when there's a thread like this where the only point is public shaming. They locked the thread but opened it again when they decided to ban the OP. What else is there to discuss but the ban?

Well, netting a astroturfer and then having a thread full of people laugh at astroturfers is a good way to spook other astroturfers.

Turns out the OP probably wasn't a astroturfer.

Wow, i thought the guy was legit and all that... i feel bad taking him into consideration in some threads. Now that he's a PR person... eughhh

Never knew MS payed people to spread good news on message boards... weird.

MS has been doing this forever. There were a ton of them banned around E3 last year. Also they flood reddit and MS was caught red handed trying to pay off youtubers.

What he does in that post and what he does in the OP are not the same.

He didn't use the OP to state his case. He used it to make broad sweeping remarks on all of GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom