• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interstellar - Trailer #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

- Look for a planet that's habitable
- Find a planet with water
- Somehow miss the fact that there are high waves on the planet?

- Live on Earth, with uneven terrain.
- Look for an Earth alternative, has rocky uneven terrain.
- Bring a robot that walks on flat sides.

u wot, Nolan?

u wot, Nolan?

You've figured it out! You've figured out the plot of the movie!

CIvvcGX.jpg

waterplanet.jpg

How are they standing on the ocean Jesus style?

Trying to be all deep and shit.

Pooya

This is another planet with who knows what kind of gravity, nobody said that's water either. No, it doesn't have to be a shallow sea. Ever heard of surface tension? Actually with how shocked they're at the wave, there must be something about it.

Alienous

This is another planet with who knows what kind of gravity, nobody said that's water either. No, it doesn't have to be a shallow sea. Ever heard of surface tension? Actually with how shocked they're at the wave, there must be something about it.

They're a group of idiots who are going to 'Inception' their way through saving the world?

"Herp, derp, the mountains were waves".

People should just stop questioning the movie, have a little faith and just go see it.

Also it's not "rocket science" to assume that
No... Its a wormhole that opens and its a shortcut to an "habitable planet", one in millions, its a lottery ticket. There may be more, but this may be the only one they found.

I don't take anything on faith definitely not a movie but if your guess is right then neat!!!

Guy.brush

u wot, Nolan?

If you want to know: SUPER HEAVY SPOILERS
There is a wormhole opening inside the solar system, the reasons for it are part of the plot. They send a probe through, the data is incomplete but implies a habitable planet.
They go through as a "last resort" mission. It is mankinds only chance to travel interstellar.
They find a black hole, a neutron star on the edge of it and a planet orbiting said neutron star. They land on the planet (water). The planet has a ceiling of ice shielding it from the radiation of the neutron star. There are lifeforms there, crazy crystalline, morphing trees trying to reach DAT neutron radiation.
THEN the real plot twist begins when they find a Chinese expedition that got there first. Only their robots survived.
THEN the real mind fuck begins with a Chinese space station build INSIDE the event horizon of the black hole, for thousands of years the Chinese robots built it up. Super advanced tech. A ship to get home... etc..

Pooya

They're a group of idiots who are going to 'Inception' their way through saving the world?

"Herp, derp, the mountains were waves".

My impression is that they thought it was an static object due to their impression of its very slow propagation speed. A wave's propagation speed depends on the space's properties. Now here it could a liquid with stupidly high viscosity, so much that the wave looked like a mountain in distance to them while it was slowly coming toward them and maybe why they can stay on its surface, or it's a matter not with properties we're familiar with. That's all assuming this is a science fiction movie in its true meaning. All I'm saying is everything you see here can have a good explanation not lolz herp derp MM jesus walks on water. Of course the movie can be shit, only one way to find out.

bounchfx

looks fantastic, the only thought that crosses my mind though is 'why not pick a pilot that has no kids/ties to earth?'

looks fantastic, the only thought that crosses my mind though is 'why not pick a pilot that has no kids/ties to earth?'

Cause he's their best and only chance. He did that one thing that one time and he never thought he'd have to do it again, but now more than ever, they need him, hell, I need him.

If you're going to pick people for a mission to save mankind... wouldn't you want them to have ties to earth? More motivation? Something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom