• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interstellar - Trailer #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got tickets for IMAX 70mm at Lincoln Square on November 4th. Can't wait!

Also helpful:

tumblr_ncrx1f2MCs1qej1i6o1_1280.png

Thanks! got one too :)

Blader

Picking up tickets on my way home, but someone help settle this for me: 35mm or LieMAX? 35mm is two days earlier and I guess Nolan's preferred projection choice of the two, but LieMAX is a much bigger screen.

If you want to know: SUPER HEAVY SPOILERS
There is a wormhole opening inside the solar system, the reasons for it are part of the plot. They send a probe through, the data is incomplete but implies a habitable planet.
They go through as a "last resort" mission. It is mankinds only chance to travel interstellar.
They find a black hole, a neutron star on the edge of it and a planet orbiting said neutron star. They land on the planet (water). The planet has a ceiling of ice shielding it from the radiation of the neutron star. There are lifeforms there, crazy crystalline, morphing trees trying to reach DAT neutron radiation.
THEN the real plot twist begins when they find a Chinese expedition that got there first. Only their robots survived.
THEN the real mind fuck begins with a Chinese space station build INSIDE the event horizon of the black hole, for thousands of years the Chinese robots built it up. Super advanced tech. A ship to get home... etc..

lol, I completely forgot about certain plot points. Ahh well

Can't wait for the film to come out! Right next to one of the 70mm theatres too!

Picking up tickets on my way home, but someone help settle this for me: 35mm or LieMAX? 35mm is two days earlier and I guess Nolan's preferred projection choice of the two, but LieMAX is a much bigger screen.

LieMAX's digital projectors generally works out to around 6K resolution. Traditional 35mm is about 3-3.5K. So I'd say LieMAX is better. The reason people dislike LieMAX is because it's lower quality than 70mm IMAX, which is about 9-12K resolution.

raphier

Banned
Was the same studio working on Inception's CGI that worked on Interstellar? Very similar aesthetics and vibe coming from the trailer.

Log4Girlz

What could we possibly do that would make searching the galaxy an easier task than fixing the climate or terraforming mars. Wtf

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad it didn't show much. Going to avoid GAF threads and other stuff of the movie from now on. Didn't someone account suicide by posting spoilers from TDKR? I'd be even more worried considering the script was leaked.

Toparaman

Banned
There is a wormhole opening inside the solar system, the reasons for it are part of the plot. They send a probe through, the data is incomplete but implies a habitable planet.
They go through as a "last resort" mission. It is mankinds only chance to travel interstellar.
They find a black hole, a neutron star on the edge of it and a planet orbiting said neutron star. They land on the planet (water). The planet has a ceiling of ice shielding it from the radiation of the neutron star. There are lifeforms there, crazy crystalline, morphing trees trying to reach DAT neutron radiation.
THEN the real plot twist begins when they find a Chinese expedition that got there first. Only their robots survived.
THEN the real mind fuck begins with a Chinese space station build INSIDE the event horizon of the black hole, for thousands of years the Chinese robots built it up. Super advanced tech. A ship to get home... etc..

That actually sounds good. Guess I'll have to give Nolan another shot. Holy shit were Inception and Rises bad though...

dekline

Looks like there's an imax 70mm showing in apple valley, mn which is pretty close to me....I'm going to see if my buddy wants to go.

Had to close that trailer early as well, but I loved what I saw.

Robbit

Banned
Is that all true? Sounds pretty awesome!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Another amazing trailer and dat music ( wish it was from the movie hah)

I need this.... now

DMczaf

http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/01/film-equipped-theaters-getting-interstellar-two-days-early/

And if you happen to live in Houston they're going to be showing a whole slew of Christopher Nolan movies to celebrate. And if you attend all the screenings, you'll get free dinner and drinks at Interstellar on opening day! Here's the schedule:

FOLLOWING – Tuesday, October 7 at 7:30 PM
MEMENTO – Tuesday, October 15 at 7:30 PM
INSOMNIA and INCEPTION double feature – Sunday, October 19 at 4 PM
THE PRESTIGE – Monday, October 27 at 7:30 PM
THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY – Sunday, November 2 at 4 PM

If you don't live in a Drafthouse town click here to find out where you can see Interstellar on November 4th, days before everybody else!

I wish I lived in Houston. ;_;

The soundtrack is incredible. I listened to it on repeat 5 times after watching the trailer. Two Steps to Hell are AWESOME. I really hope that music is in the film, though no doubt Zimmer will deliver his own great soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom