• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interstellar - Trailer #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

I want to buy the bluray and the digital version to put it on a usb and stick it up my fucking ass to leave it there forever, when the colonization of this dying planet by some Jupiter nomads begins in about 30000 years they wil find it in my coccix and be amazed by this masterpiece!!

Dat visuals - will be well worth watching even though I hate Nolan's dialogue and exposition dump. Damn was hoping to get one of the early access tickets, but my flight leaves the day before. Looks like I'll be contributing to the worldwide box office.

forms

God fucking dammit I want to watch this movie so much. That's it, no more trailers. Well, a lot of good that'll do me by now.

Volimar

If they have this super fast wormhole or whatever out by Saturn, why are they still putting the crew into what I assume is suspended animation? For the trip to Saturn?

rekameohs

Banned
If they have this super fast wormhole or whatever out by Saturn, why are they still putting the crew into what I assume is suspended animation? For the trip to Saturn?
Well, it takes years to travel there, which would absolutely destroy your bones. There's a reason outside of money that we haven't gone beyond the moon.

Phoenix

I will probably watch this more than once on the opening weekend. It looks that compelling to me. Can't wait.

Earth is no longer able to support human life, so Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway go on a space adventure to find a new home for the human race.

But wouldn't going at interstellar speeds mean that when they return to earth it would be hundreds of years in the future, or are they like adam and eve now?

But wouldn't going at interstellar speeds mean that when they return to earth it would be hundreds of years in the future, or are they like adam and eve now?

Well they travel through a wormhole, so no, they're not going at interstellar speeds, they're going through what is essentially two distance points in space being warped so that they're close together

But there does appear to be some sort of time dilation, or maybe just from cryo?

inm8num2

I've somehow managed to not watch the trailer yet. Funnily enough, I'm not all that tempted - not due to lack of interest, but almost the opposite. I'm 100% focused on the main course, so I'm passing on hors d'oeurves and appetizers. :p

Great trailer.

It looks like the two IMAX's near have the 70mm showing. The last movie I saw at Tuttleman in the city was The Dark Knight which was absolutely spectacular. I'd probably regret it if I didn't catch this on that screen.

Zom

Banned
LargeNarrowGlowworm.gif

i'm in tears

Five

Banned
Is that all true? Sounds pretty awesome!

I can confirm that the spoiled text is an accurate description of the events in the leaked script. How much of the third act has changed since then is unknown. So far, the changes have been relatively minor things, like Murphy was a boy in the original script.

Blader

It should be out before than the film. Hans said a week ago that it was done a while back, so I'm hoping for a leak soon rather than later.

Think it was mentioned earlier in this thread that the OST will actually be released after the film.

Renekton

Anne Hathaway's line is like a copy-pasta of TDK.

Anne in tears: "You have done enough, let's call it."
Stoic hero: "Not enough."

Anne Hathaway's line is like a copy-pasta of TDK.

Anne in tears: "You have done enough, let's call it."
Stoic hero: "Not enough."

Gordon: Because we have to chase him.

Gordon's Kid: He didn't do anything wrong.

Gordon: Because he's the hero Earth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Gordon: Because he's the hero Earth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.

makes me cry every time its so beautiful /cuthbert

That's the best line in the movie.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
imax on Nov5th which is my birthday where do i buy a ticket and whos gonna be at the metreon?

Five

Banned
Physics are now spoilers?

I haven't read the script.

It looked like a spoiler. If you were just meaning to suggest that you were happy it was a possible plot thread, you should have been more expressive. It looked more like you were happy somebody had figured out part of the plot. Not everyone puts two and two together, regardless of how many clues were dropped in the trailers, and people like to find these things out for themselves.

But honestly, a couple trailers and TV spots have flat out said that
an hour here is seven years back on Earth
. So, uh, not a spoiler.

~Kinggi~

Banned
As history shows, most "classics" take months/years/decades to become such a thing. This sort of instant hyperbolic response just worries me it'll be a one-time sort of experience, like Nolan's other tentpoles.

Doesnt the classic nature survive in that special first-time experience of the viewer though? For instance Inception was an amazing theatrical experience for me and years later it doesnt quite hold up as much. Yet you have movies considered classics today that wasnt so hot with audiences when they premiered.

What i am really saying is, Nolan is the best director of all timez.

Doesnt the classic nature survive in that special first-time experience of the viewer though? For instance Inception was an amazing theatrical experience for me and years later it doesnt quite hold up as much. Yet you have movies considered classics today that wasnt so hot with audiences when they premiered.

What i am really saying is, Nolan is the best director of all timez.

Yeah, agreed. That first Inception view was indeed special. If Interstellar can pull that off, I'll be happy. Just hope Nolan can improve with each new film, which hasn't really been the case.

Five

Banned
As someone who likes Nolan movies a lot more than most classics, that actually excites me. I meant to say earlier, but this thread and trailer is actually giving me a hankering to watch Inception and Prestige again.

~Kinggi~

Banned
As someone who likes Nolan movies a lot more than most classics, that actually excites me. I meant to say earlier, but this thread and trailer is actually giving me a hankering to watch Inception and Prestige again.

Now the Prestige, good god that is legit quality right there.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Inception is about an inherently dumb concept in the way that Intersteller isn't though. Pretty much all his movies are kinda dumb on a very base level. Imaginative but nothing meaningful. Space Travel, The Environment, Exploration, Relative Time Travel.. all those thigns.. Its still science fiction but its a lot more conducive to creating something with true weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom