• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 8 should cost $1,500?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I don't blame him. My little experience with Apple at work is enough to know they are a shit company to work with. Can't use non Apple hardware to build software on OSX when Linux and Windows are all neatly virtualized on racks and blades. As a customer, Apple has backed out suddenly on millions of dollars at a whim and left us high and dry. And I'm not even supposed to know it's Apple when everyone knows. They use dumb code names and will visit our office and bitch about badge locked doors and ultimately most projects for them are canned.

But I try to separate that from consumer space.

keuja

Is this Android stigma the same in Europe? Here in Japan I can't imagine anyone giving a shit about someone using something besides an iPhone.

Sounds like some self-hypnosis by USA serfs. "i..im not poor, l..look" *unsheaths iphone 6*

Wait there's an Android stigma in the US lol? Like are you considered a lower class peon if you use Android or just an uncool geek?
In Europe there is absolutely no shit given about your phone. I mean it's just a WhatsApp machine at the end.

Wait there's an Android stigma in the US lol? Like are you considered a lower class peon if you use Android or just an uncool geek?
In Europe there is absolutely no shit given about your phone. I mean it's just a WhatsApp machine at the end.

Dude was in here two pages ago saying he literally wouldn't associate with people that didn't use Apple products.

The cult is real.

I don't blame him. My little experience with Apple at work is enough to know they are a shit company to work with. Can't use non Apple hardware to build software on OSX when Linux and Windows are all neatly virtualized on racks and blades. As a customer, Apple has backed out suddenly on millions of dollars at a whim and left us high and dry. And I'm not even supposed to know it's Apple when everyone knows. They use dumb code names and will visit our office and bitch about badge locked doors and ultimately most projects for them are canned.

Yup! If I wasn't done when I was having never ending headaches with people fucking up files on the server because HFS+ is dogshit and corrupts files and creates DSstore files everywhere.... I was definitely done when I couldn't virtualize a fucking OSX box.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't think people realize just how much more a month this would end up being regardless of who's making it.

I know most people in NA pay for their phone over time if they get a more expensive model. Your talking anywhere from $70-$100 per phone and you don't even have service yet. Families would be paying like $500 a month. That's fucking insane.

Nice to see bigotry is alive and well with you.

Seriously?? Did you see who I quoted? Did you read any other posts?

I was being sarcastic because they actually believed that people were inferior if they didn't own Apple products.

Learn to read. And once you do go after the people who actually believe that stuff.

Man you are hot on this thread. I can feel the heat already. Whew.

People that talk shit without reading are clowns.

Oh and why are you here?

Get the fuck out of here with that BS. Did you see who I quoted?

I was being sarcastic because they actually believed that people were inferior if they didn't own Apple products.

Learn to read. And once you do go after the people who actually believe that BS.
Man you are hot on this thread. I can feel the heat already. Whew.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
We used to use this in these threads.
kWJYW8T.png

its the entirety of the phone debate

Fergie

Banned
Contract wise that's going to be a big increase I would think and that's without considering plonking down 1500 for handset only. If it pans out that is.

I think can Apple can keep it at sub 1000 or at 1000.

Mi goreng

These arguments never end when it comes to android vs apple. A lot of people forego critical thinking and let their biases show. Especially ITT, at least the rational people can spot the rational people in here.

louiedog

These arguments never end when it comes to android vs apple. A lot of people forego critical thinking and let their biases show. Especially ITT, at least the rational people can spot the rational people in here.

You're talking about the Windows Phone users, right?

Alex

I probably wouldn't spend that much on a phone, after raw power and a decent camera it is all mostly needless frills to me but I have always been surprised there weren't at least a couple of products in some type of super high end market in that regard anyway considering the level of selection and variety you see in phones.

louiedog

I probably wouldn't spend that much on a phone, after raw power and a decent camera it is all mostly needless frills to me but I have always been surprised there weren't at least a couple of products in some type of super high end market in that regard anyway considering the level of selection and variety you see in phones.

http://www.vertu.com/us/en/home/

I'm talking about the people who look equally at both sides and make a fair assessment.

I was just kidding. I can't imagine there's more than one in here.

Alex

http://www.vertu.com/us/en/home/

I was just kidding. I can't imagine there's more than one in here.

Well, I meant more along the lines of a premium model from Apple/Samsung/etc. I remember seeing this one on Youtube but it seems like a really narrow market that is lightyears beyond the 600-800 dollar market average now.

Only opinion I've had on those Vertu phones is that they're trying so hard to look luxury that they actually look kinda cheap.

Well, I meant more along the lines of a premium model from Apple/Samsung/etc. I remember seeing this one on Youtube but it seems like a really narrow market that is lightyears beyond the 600-800 dollar market average now.

Only opinion I've had on those Vertu phones is that they're trying so hard to look luxury that they actually look kinda cheap.

You're paying for the concierge service with Vertu phones.

louiedog

Agreed. They're kind of ridiculous and tacky. I guess it's the modern equivalent of luxury "executive" pens and office accouterments one might have on their desk that don't get much focus anymore.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Vertu actually has shipped a Sapphire Crystal screen though. I think.

yup
http://www.vertu.com/us/en/world-of-vertu/experience/sapphire-crystal-screen/
Sapphire crystal is incredibly beautiful and incredibly resilient. A single piece of 130-carat solid sapphire is cut and carefully polished for the 5.2" display, our largest ever. Its phenomenal transparency makes it optically perfect, enhancing the display's resolution, brightness and contrast. Sapphire crystal is also used in the New Signature Touch's camera lens for optimum clarity and precision in photography and filming. Its natural resilience makes it virtually scratchproof; a perfect union of Vertu's uncompromising standards and your high expectations.

Amazing.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
At least it's running the right OS

😃

Guess I'll call you out like literally everyone else in this thread. What is this even a response to? Oh right. Nothing. You're just a troll.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Guess I'll call you out like literally everyone else in this thread. What is this even a response to? Oh right. Nothing. You're just a troll.

Yup. He's no better than the fanboys he's trying to call out.
I gave him a chance too.

wachie

Keeping the Android rage in this thread aside.

I don't think Apple will price this at what Gruber is suggesting. 1K or max 1,100. They would not double the price of the previous gen.

Here are what I think starting prices would look like

iPhone 8/Pro - $999/$1,099
iPhone 7S Plus - $699
iPhone 7S - $599

Jesus you can't even joke anymore in this thread.

Lighten up.

Yup. He's no better than the fanboys he's trying to call out.
I gave him a chance too.

You gave me a chance? What are you, my sensei?

Same thing I said above applies.

I wasn't spouting Apple master race insanity in here, leave me out of it.

Wow the Phone Wars are real. The heat in this thread reminds me of the Console War threads on the GameFAQs and IGN Forums back in the PS2/Xbox/GameCube era.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
You gave me a chance? What are you, my sensei?

Same thing I said above applies.

I wasn't spouting Apple master race insanity in here, leave me out of it.
I mean, are you really not self aware enough to see that you're an android fanboy? Plain and simple. You're just as bad.

And I don't mean the innocuous type that is simply a big fan and enjoys said product, but the type that just enjoys putting down the "other side".

Koppai

I'm not paying that for any phone.

Only reason why these companies charge so much for a phone is because plebs will continue to pay whatever the companies want because it's a status symbol. In the end, you are not special because everyone has a phone. Apple products have weaker performance and are overpriced, and harder to develop for since they keep their tech locked down. At least with Android you can do whatever the hell you want.

My Note 5 was $850. I am cringing at how much Note 8 will be since S8+ was $850 too x.x

When can we get a phone charging cable that won't fall apart after a few months?

I mean, are you really not self aware enough to see that you're an android fanboy? Plain and simple. You're just as bad.

And I don't mean the innocuous type that is simply a big fan and enjoys said product, but the type that just enjoys putting down the "other side".

You think I'm going to respond reasonably to someone saying they don't associate with people who don't use iPhones? It's absolute insanity.

My work phone is a 7 and I deployed hundreds of them. No electronic is worthy of such insane adherence and cultist type behavior.

Cute that stating facts makes me an Android fanboi too.

DrkSage

$699 up to $799 is all I go. More than that? Ha! Phone better reroute the heat it emits when it's on use to make me a god damn grilled sandwich

Top Bottom