• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes February 10th

Daemul

$22 billion on home textiles....god damn....

200.gif

Daemul

Is it going to be one of those months where no one reveals anything at all beyond vague PR because it's so slow?

It would be interesting to see what the NPD thread would look like without any January leaks for the first few days, haha.

I would prefer that, NPD threads are unreadable in the first few hours and important information get's easily lost. Drip feeding leaks over several days would work out better.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yes, January is such a slow month that we risk to not get any official PR / official number at all. I wonder if Nintendo can find out some stats about good LTDs for some of their games, some % thing or whatever to tie with an obvious New 3DS launch promotion for their PR. In the same way, I wonder if Microsoft could use the Xbox Family "trick" / amount of titles in top 10 to say something. I wonder if Sony...naah, they'll go with the usual Twitter message "We're 1st again, #4theplayers!" and call it a day.

I prefer blue towels over green. I'm pretty sure the last time I was at Target, there were hardly any blue towels on the shelves, but green towels everywhere. They were even bundling them with toothbrush holders; same bundles from Black Friday. So sad.

Mpl90

So, now we're 2 hours before official NPD report is released, thus, IIRC, the report is already available to subscribers.

NickFire

I predict that within 24 hours of NPD release, someone will make an entirely flawed argument pertaining to the global sales to date, based upon NPD numbers.

I predict that within 24 hours of NPD release, someone will make an entirely flawed argument pertaining to the global sales to date, based upon NPD numbers.

Personally I'm wondering how long until someone makes the "Well NPD is just an estimate" argument.

Elandyll

Banned
I have the felling that XBO is at the top !

That would make for a very "interesting" thread, as it would be the first time in 15 months that the Amazon ranking would be wrong :)

This being said, I understand a bit of confusion as it's dificult to reconcile the hourly sales of Chezmoi White Comforters which seem to be doing a killing in Bedding& Bath, with how well Levi's 505 is doing in Men's Clothing.

Towels seem to have really crashed this past month :(

Mpl90

There's a magical place called an "Opening Post" on forums.

In this mythical land you can find many wonderful things, especially when they are well-crafted.

You lie, the "Opening Post" has no towels. LIAR. LIAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR.

Top Bottom