• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes February 10th

gtj1092

My keyboard is ready.....

I can't be bothered with people like that any more...

What do you think of UBI estimating 28 million xb1ps4s sold. At this point it feels like everyone is just adding the last two press releases from ms/sony together and weaving an estimate.

I love how we have Momentum™ for NPDs and Word of Mouth™ for PAL Threads. Helps give a distinct 'flavor' between the two. :p
What does momentum rally even mean in this case? I keep seeing that mentioned but how much net sales would Microsoft have lost really? I figure all the process swings did is time shift some sales earlier to later, but I'm not very knowledgeable about this.

Nice work, gang.

All the pillow talk on the previous page has now prompted a "mattress sale" banner ad to populate the top and bottom of my NeoGAF window.

donny2112

Yep. EA abandoned the platform in like April 2013 after NFS:MW cratered in sales.

That's probably when the last game was released from them (not counting Wii games), but they were dropping Wii U ports of projects even before the system released. Good argument (along with the launch lineup and everything they've done since) for saying they abandoned the Wii U before it was launched

That's probably when the last game was released from them (not counting Wii games), but they were dropping Wii U ports of projects even before the system released. Good argument (along with the launch lineup and everything they've done since) for saying they abandoned the Wii U before it was launched

Yep. But they officially abandoned the platform for good (cancelled any other potential Wii U project) once NFS:MW came out.

That was the last shot for Wii U hardcore to not fail miserably from EA's perspective.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm actually shocked that 1,600 copies of games have been sold on Wii U from EA. A software house that stopped supporting with any game the platform at the beginning of 2013. I thought they were in the hundreds, especially for a month like January. WII U REBIRTH STARTS NOW! #wiiuprising

/s

ZhugeEX

Banned
What do you think of UBI estimating 28 million xb1ps4s sold. At this point it feels like everyone is just adding the last two press releases from ms/sony together and weaving an estimate.

I'm having a hard time believing the install base of PS4/X1 will exceed 56m by the end of this year according to Ubisoft.

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

BokehKing

Banned
When they say most software per system, that just means physical right?

I feel like when you have ps4 you primarily go digital (I could be wrong though)

Top Bottom