• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

kubus

nt8A71i.jpg

So... New arrival.

The game that cost me €50 because of those darn import duties. *shakes fist*

I just discovered that it's in fact a used game I bought (thought it was new, but auction clearly said used, so my own fault) but that makes me extra furious that he put a value of $43 on the package. Why would you mark a used game that high :(??

I wish I would've bought it a Nippon-Yasan or any other store. I would've gotten it way cheaper, a new copy and within a reasonable time.

So lesson of the day: next time you buy from an unknown eBay seller, make sure to tell them to mark down the value on your package.

I probably won't play this game until I'm not so salty about this purchase anymore :p. Even picking it up was a pain... They delivered it to the post office at the other side of town instead of the one around the block. So had to take the bike to pick it up... Along the way I got a flat tire and had to walk all the way there and back. If there is a god, he really doesn't want me to play Inazuma Eleven... :(

Impotaku

Wow from start to finish it sounds like it's been a pain, try not to let it sour you on the game though i have heard it's a pretty good game.

Yet another great Level 5 franchise, a lot of my favourite games come from them. After SKIP, level 5 is my 2nd most favourite developer, Nintendo been 3rd.

The Youkai watch games & Ninokuni on DS are some of my most favourite games ever, would be nice to see pics of peoples Japanese 3DS collections.

Weils

Neo Member
So... New arrival.

The game that cost me €50 because of those darn import duties. *shakes fist*

I just discovered that it's in fact a used game I bought (thought it was new, but auction clearly said used, so my own fault) but that makes me extra furious that he put a value of $43 on the package. Why would you mark a used game that high :(??

I wish I would've bought it a Nippon-Yasan or any other store. I would've gotten it way cheaper, a new copy and within a reasonable time.

So lesson of the day: next time you buy from an unknown eBay seller, make sure to tell them to mark down the value on your package.

I probably won't play this game until I'm not so salty about this purchase anymore :p. Even picking it up was a pain... They delivered it to the post office at the other side of town instead of the one around the block. So had to take the bike to pick it up... Along the way I got a flat tire and had to walk all the way there and back. If there is a god, he really doesn't want me to play Inazuma Eleven... :(

So sorry to hear about your bad experience. Don't let it stop you from playing this great game.

Hope the new 3DS delivery comes through without the pesky import fees. Just a month (plus a week for the handheld to arrive) left to endure the wait. -_-;;

kubus

Ah don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore the Inazuma Eleven franchise! I picked up the first game the day it was released in Europe and it was such a blast to play through. I recently completed the second game but the British dub is slowly starting to get on my nerves. I managed to beat the game but I couldn't get past the intro cutscene of Inazuma Eleven 3. The dub is just too much for me. I have no problem with English voices (give me Xenoblade in British any day!) but the localized versions try to push the Japanese culture references away and it's just weird that the game is centered around a bunch of Japanese kids with names like "Mark Evans" and over the top English accents.

So I decided to get the Japanese collection of 1-2-3 so I could play the third game in Japanese. Once I get my hands on a Japanese copy of Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark, I'll own a Japanese copy of every Inazuma Eleven game released! :D

And I totally agree, Level 5 is simply the best. Ni no Kuni was my GOTY of 2012 and I'm really loving Youkai Watch so far. Fantasy Life is on my radar as well. And hopefully I can go back to enjoying Inazuma Eleven now that I can play it with the superior voices and names! :)

Impotaku

I don't like it when they get heavy handed with localisation although i really don't play many games in english so im not used to hearing people speak lol. I know when i hear Naruto or Luffy in english my ears want to crawl up & retreat into my head as they sound horrible im used to hearing them in their true voices.

The exception to this rule is professor Layton, i simply love the voice acting in the american version. In the UK version Luke sounds terrible but the localised english voices are really good.

Dagon

Ah don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore the Inazuma Eleven franchise! I picked up the first game the day it was released in Europe and it was such a blast to play through. I recently completed the second game but the British dub is slowly starting to get on my nerves. I managed to beat the game but I couldn't get past the intro cutscene of Inazuma Eleven 3. The dub is just too much for me. I have no problem with English voices (give me Xenoblade in British any day!) but the localized versions try to push the Japanese culture references away and it's just weird that the game is centered around a bunch of Japanese kids with names like "Mark Evans" and over the top English accents.

So I decided to get the Japanese collection of 1-2-3 so I could play the third game in Japanese. Once I get my hands on a Japanese copy of Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark, I'll own a Japanese copy of every Inazuma Eleven game released! :D

And I totally agree, Level 5 is simply the best. Ni no Kuni was my GOTY of 2012 and I'm really loving Youkai Watch so far. Fantasy Life is on my radar as well. And hopefully I can go back to enjoying Inazuma Eleven now that I can play it with the superior voices and names! :)

I got the European version of the first game when it came with but the dub really annoyed me and I didn't get too far into the game.

How demanding is the Japanese in this? Since it's Level 5, I presume it's quite approachable.

Impotaku

How does everyone get physical rewards from the Japanese Club Nintendo? Can you just use one of those forwarding services?

I can't see why not, im pretty sure you could put a tenso address into club nintendo. My friend in Japan agreed to let me use his address many years ago so for club nintendo stuff it goes to his house then he forwards it to me but it's been a long time since i bothered as nowdays they really don't have much im after.

How does everyone get physical rewards from the Japanese Club Nintendo? Can you just use one of those forwarding services?
Are you freaking out over the Link Between Worlds CD too? I don't know if I'd mess with shipping via CN Japan, especially how closely monitored the US side is.

Dragoshi1

ALRIGHT!

Ordered the glacier white 3DS, and it should be here by Saturday, according to Amazon! Can't wait!

Also put an order in for Happiness Charge 3DS at AmiAmi. Haven't gotten the invoice yet, though.

Yokai Watch 2, Smash, and Fossil Fighters I'm gonna get digitally.

kubus

ALRIGHT!

Ordered the glacier white 3DS, and it should be here by Saturday, according to Amazon! Can't wait!

Also put an order in for Happiness Charge 3DS at AmiAmi. Haven't gotten the invoice yet, though.

Yokai Watch 2, Smash, and Fossil Fighters I'm gonna get digitally.
Welcome to the club! :D

Impotaku

Yokai watch is a fantasic game the second ones even more than the first, you'll love it. So much wonderful Japanese culture in those games. The second ones also have some fun online stuff as well as online trading as well.

40+ hours & im still playing away on them.

So what is the likelihood that most of the preorder places will ship Super Smash Bros tonight or tomorrow?

I'm really hoping Nin Nin comes through. I chose them for Smash only because they were lower in price than PlayAsia but PlayAsia has a decent history with timely shipping of preorders....

My preorder with CDJapan says "In shipping process" now, I'd be super happy if I get it on Saturday. Expecting to get it Monday/Tuesday though.

Also I added everyone from about 2 pages back:

4356-1601-1114

Josephl64

My preorder with CDJapan says "In shipping process" now, I'd be super happy if I get it on Saturday. Expecting to get it Monday/Tuesday though.

Also I added everyone from about 2 pages back:

4356-1601-1114

same deal with CDJapan, I'll add you in a couple hours

-Mikey-

Okay, I really want to import a Japanese 3ds, but after looking over prices for the various colors / themes, I might as well just wait for the new 3ds. Right? They all seem to be pricier than the base new 3ds. I'm looking at you, spice orange 3ds.

My goal here is to start by importing Pokemon ORAS, in November, and use a guide to help me through the game. Slowly picking up Japanese again after ignoring my studies for a few months.

Yes. Wait. Fend off the Smash hype for a few weeks, it's kind of crazy to buy anything other than a N3DS now. It's like buying an iPhone hours before the 6 preorders open!

TreIII

Yes. Wait. Fend off the Smash hype for a few weeks, it's kind of crazy to buy anything other than a N3DS now. It's like buying an iPhone hours before the 6 preorders open!

Yeah, this.

It was hard to do, but I'm glad I'm getting that MonHun 4G N3DS with my Smash4. I can look forward to playing it with (hopefully) better controls!

Josephl64

alright, added everyone here again

kind of a shame I won't be playing Smash with you guys for a bit, but buying the new one might have been the better decision for some of you guys

No word yet from Nin Nin... After this, I will probably just stick with PlayAsia as they have ALWAYS given me good service.... Being cheaper gives a company absolutely no right for such a lack of professionalism or customer service....

mrback

No word yet from Nin Nin... After this, I will probably just stick with PlayAsia as they have ALWAYS given me good service.... Being cheaper gives a company absolutely no right for such a lack of professionalism or customer service....

sorry to hear you have had problems, I usually use play asia as never once let me down

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Would also recommend Nippon Yassan. They often have better prices than Play-Asia. Was able to get an order in for a New 3DS, with Fedex shipping, for around $180.

sorry to hear you have had problems, I usually use play asia as never once let me down

Would also recommend Nippon Yassan. They often have better prices than Play-Asia. Was able to get an order in for a New 3DS, with Fedex shipping, for around $180.

Nin Nin did ship. Got the tracking number this morning in my email. Can't wait until Monday morning. Btw, for all those importing a phyical copy, there is a patch available to predownload now on the eshop so your game will be ready to play once firing it up

Gameboy415

Smash is up for download! : D

Oh man, you're right! Thanks for the heads up! :D

It must've just went up too because I was in the eShop ~20 minutes ago redeeming a prepaid card and the download link was definitely not active at that point.

Here's hoping it doesn't take too long to download, haha!

kubus

So jealous of everyone playing Smash!

Really tempted to grab it from the eShop, but I'm already getting the European release so that would be a waste of money :(.

So jealous of everyone playing Smash!

Really tempted to grab it from the eShop, but I'm already getting the European release so that would be a waste of money :(.

Doesn't stop me (I caved and downloaded even with a physical copy in transit, lol) as I will also be getting the North America release next month

Shurayuki

Downloading so hard right now. Why isn't this the N3DS, feels like watching grass grow.
早くしろ!
Download harder, HARDER I SAY.

(Every time I bought something on the eShop I forgot my pass and had to set up the CC again, I think thieves have an easier time with this than me...)

Already I'm seeing talk about online being borked again, oh well, maybe it's just launch woes, anyways if anyone wants to add me here's the code.
4081-6450-5195

Koppai

Looks like there will be a special Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire New 3DS & New 3DS LL

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Seems to be a faceplate for the New 3DS version, I wonder if that will be common going forward?
Wrong thread bro but awesome nonetheless. I am half tempted to buy Smash from the eshop as well but I will just wait for NA release.

Ugh guys I won't be importing a new 3DS with y'all I don't have the funds and told my friend to cancel the order.

Letep

I'm having a terrible experience with Nin Nin right now. Never again.

Beckx

Wrong thread.

Heh, I think that new import hardware announcements should be here, I mean otherwise what's the point of an import thread?

---------------

Smash is amazing. Can't wait to run it on the New 3DS with c-stick and miiverse support.

Lol. I ended up coving in so I can make my co-workers at Gamestop jealous, lol

I just caved too :\ Downloading now haha, probably gonna skip the European version or sell the Japanese version when it arrives, not sure yet. Hopefully the JP version will have cross region local multiplayer. Weird thing though, when I put in my card and all, it said 9320 or something below the price. I presume thats just the block number or something, hope I didn't buy something else along with the game haha
Btw, I have you and kubus added on my friends. 4356-1601-1114

Josephl64

wow my Miku Vita has been stuck in customs for 2 weeks now...

Anyways, it's alright because Smash 3DS just got sent via FedEx so hopefully it's here by around tues.?

Shurayuki

Also more Band Brothers P codes if there are still people who need them:
For info on what BandBros. is, refer to Bankslammer's post in this thread or the OT.

Put in the code you received into the software retrieval section [ソフトの引換] of the eShop to download BandBros.P Debut for free.
* You will need 15 tomatoes In order to gain access to the recording feature in BandBros.P Debut
* Since BandBros.P and BandBros.P Debut use the same save data, you can use your purchased tomatoes and downloaded music if you activate them on the same 3DS system.

「ダウンロード番号」を受け取った方は、ニンテンドー3DSの「ニンテンドーeショップ」のメニューにある「ソフトの引換」を選び、友達から受け取った「ダウンロード番号」入力してください。『大合奏!バンドブラザーズPデビュー』を無料でダウンロードすることができます。
※『大合奏!バンドブラザーズPデビュー』でレコーディング機能を使うには、ゲーム内通貨「トマト」が15個必要です。
※『大合奏!バンドブラザーズP』と『大合奏!バンドブラザーズP デビュー』は共通のセーブデータを使います。 同じニンテンドー3DSで起動すれば、『大合奏!バンドブラ ザーズP デビュー』で購入したトマトやダウンロードした楽曲を、『大合奏!バンドブラザーズP』でも使うことができます。

Codes / ダウンロード番号:
  1. A05X 8DYJ 0SKH 0J0G
  2. A05X 8DYK 0MCX WFPY
  3. A05X 8DYL 2MXM B2DY
  4. A05X 8DYM 0L1F 1RSS
  5. A05X 8DYN 2YRQ 2DQN
  6. A05X 8DYY 274H 02XK
  7. A05X 8DYP 1S0U HXSR
  8. A05X 8DYQ 05MW 51AE
  9. A05X 8DYR 15YV VER7
  10. A05X 8DYS 2TXS XRGD

Taigerr

Just a quick question regarding web browsing on current japanese 3DS please. Despite region blocking, I understand the browser allows english input but are the search results in english please and can you access english google site and is there a way to set google english site as your home page assuming there is ability to set homepages?

Many thanks

Impotaku

Yeah you can change the browser keyboard input to english, if you then search for google.com in the browser and then goto it you will see it in japanese but there will be a link a bit further down on the page saying display in english. Just click on that to change it, then press the grey menu button at bottomright corner of the page to bring up the next screen with the favourites icons, to add it to your favourites it's the icon that has a star with a plus next to it. Then from there you can instantly goto the english google page by selecting the menu button then from your favourites button which is in the same menu as the add favourite button.

By using the english google page you will find all your search reslts in english instead of japanese.

kubus

I've added everyone that posted their FC on the last few pages.

Here's mine again:

4253-4131-1680

Should I add the ones posted so far to the OP? Or do a spreadsheet thing?

CANLI

Wow Daigasso is fantastic. I don't understand its low sale numbers.
Already used 33 tomatoes and play 3 times online.

Second game I'm playing is Youkai watch, the first game which is great. Typical level 5 game lol. LEVEL 5 IS THE BEST.

Unfortunately, I'm not interested at smash

Zornica

Banned
Wow Daigasso is fantastic. I don't understand its low sale numbers.
Already used 33 tomatoes and play 3 times online.

Second game I'm playing is Youkai watch, the first game which is great. Typical level 5 game lol. LEVEL 5 IS THE BEST.

Unfortunately, I'm not interested at smash

do you want to play later today? (in like 4 to 5 hours from now maybe?)
Maybe Bankslammer will join us. Everyone's welcome ofc

Top Bottom