• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green plays Dark Souls II - The real Black Dragon starts here

Just started watching your DkS 2 streams on Youtube, Jeff. While working through your DkS 1 ones I notice that unlike that game, you're actually paying more attention to the game itself in Dark Souls 2, rather than the chat, which is good.

They shouldn't be spoiling stuff for you and acting as a cheat sheet (e.g. where to go next, how to deal with bosses etc.). Part of the fun is flailing about and getting stuck for hours until the solution finally hits you smack in the face. The chat in DkS 1 was rather spoilery at times (telling you to go past the Fire Drake in the Undead Burg by running past it for example.).

I am greatly entertained, keep on doing your own thing mate. Less chat viewing and more focus on the game as you were. I hope to catch your next one live if possible.

Jintor

I mean, you REALLY need to watch your stamina bar jeff. Sometimes even when there's an opening you just need to back off because exploiting it will leave you vulnerable afterwards. Always try and start attack strings with a full stamina bar and you'll generally always have enough to roll out of trouble. So many times you try and attack with only a sliver of stamina and you get stuck in the vulnerable animation and murdered. Watch the green bar!

I mean, you REALLY need to watch your stamina bar jeff. Sometimes even when there's an opening you just need to back off because exploiting it will leave you vulnerable afterwards. Always try and start attack strings with a full stamina bar and you'll generally always have enough to roll out of trouble. So many times you try and attack with only a sliver of stamina and you get stuck in the vulnerable animation and murdered. Watch the green bar!

this, very much this

or, maybe not, it's very entertaining this way :D

Minamu

He will learn, he will have to soon enough. Kinda funny though, by now stamina management should be second nature.

Jintor

He will learn, he will have to soon enough. Kinda funny though, by now stamina management should be second nature.

it's jeff. He probably falls off a cliff by accident three times on the way to work and then chugs his entire estus flask when he respawns at the bonfire in front of his house

zma1013

My favorite Jeff quirk has to be his ability to turn his back to the enemy at the precise moment they attack. Never have I seen such amazingly impossible reflexes that are shown on display here. Similarly, his ability to drop his shield at the precise moment an enemy attacks is equally impressive.

JustinBB7

hahaha. jeff in wall-mode, so fucking close to revealing an illusory wall. noooooooooooo :-D

Which one is there? I started NG+ and checked all the places he did for fun but didn't find anything. Though I guess if he was really close it must be somewhere he just didn't check.

Jeff Green ‏@Greenspeak 33m

There is a sign at this haircutting place that says, "Less Metro, More Sexual." Not sure what $20 is gonna buy me here!

7iberius

Which one is there? I started NG+ and checked all the places he did for fun but didn't find anything. Though I guess if he was really close it must be somewhere he just didn't check.

There's an illusory wall
past the gate where Pate sits, inside the building, by the foot of the long staircase where the 3 undead soldiers stand. (Remember you have to press X or A to reveal it, not attack it.)
. Jeff checked the wall right before, right after, and right across from the correct spot. <3 Jeff.

Arg this is frustrating. He's only got 4k souls, and yet he thinks it's a lot. He's struggling to beat the Knights, don't get in front of those guys jeff. They're slow and stupid. Stay behind them and they're giant meat bags.

Mindlog

The stream ran out of stamina.
Great timing on that. It had to balance things out. The stream had far improved stamina management this time around so naturally Twitch was displeased. Now just a little positioning technique and the stream will have done its job of helping players improve their technique.

Fill up them notebooks students.

An-Det

Stream is back up, but the chat is still broken.

Edit: Jeff, if you ever drop a bunch of souls in a boss room and want to move on if you think you can't beat it yet, you can go into the boss room, retrieve your souls, and then open the menu and Quite Game. When you then load the save, you will find yourself outside the fog door with your souls.

Kerned

Banned
He is so imperceptive that I can't even believe it. Even after watching the entirety of the DS1 stream. It's remarkable.

hitgirl

He is so imperceptive that I can't even believe it. Even after watching the entirety of the DS1 stream. It's remarkable.

It really is. I enjoy it. But like I said it was like he entered Dark Souls I as a tourist and left as a tourist.

Kerned

Banned
Dark Soul 2 will take him the rest of 2014, at least. He'll be hurrying to finish before Beast's Souls comes out.

Top Bottom