• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JonTron (youtuber) speaks against demographic "invasion" of America by nonwhites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

As someone who watched JT for years, I wasn't aware of that and I'm extremely disappointed to know all of this.

Shame on you Jon, no respect from me.

Yeah, I wonder what caused them to separate, maybe it was because of ideologies like that that they parted ways.

I'm pretty sure it was because Jon moved, wasn't it?

Granted I'm sure Arin probably wouldn't do a show with him now, but I remember in late 2015 Arin appeared in a Jontron episode and they did a "reunion" gag with it. They're probably still on good terms.

"We've heard about this single mother thing for decades now and frankly it's getting little tiring and that's probably why you're seeing this rise of "supposed" neo nazis."

WOW

Toxi

Banned
"We've heard about this single mother thing for decades now and frankly it's getting little tiring and that's probably why you're seeing this rise of "supposed" neo nazis."

WOW
Single mother thing? Please don't tell me he used a Reagan era welfare queen talking point.

If black people aren't predisposed to crime then why Africa got crime? youcantexplainthat.jpg

God damn, you have to like take a breather in between watching the whole video. Also, new drinking game, take a shot every time he refuses to elaborate or says he doesn't want to incriminate himself.

His argument at that juncture literally was "blacks are always predisposed to crime, whether in inner-city US or Africa!"

Destiny had already argued with him for 2 hours so I can't blame him but I wish he had pointed out what's disgusting about that statement instead of asking him to name countries in Africa

hotcyder

Given how insanely protective of their brand they are, probably freaking the fuck out and cutting all ties.

Considering how quick they were to respond to the whole PDP thing - I wouldn't be surprised if they take some kind of action against Jon. Even if he wasn't using his channel to push this stuff.

PMS341

Won't someone think of white culture!

7ltRytz.jpg

ridianfable

Neo Member
Single mother thing? Please don't tell me he used a Reagan era welfare queen talking point.

The same Reagan who was for apartheid, crippled the California public school system and who's reaction to the crack epidemic, which he completely ignored until it was out of control like the aids epidemic, was to give everyone stiff prison sentences instead of counseling and rehabilitation. Anyone who looks to him as a hero gets a side-eye from me.

Silvawuff

This is unfortunate to see, I had no idea Jon was like this.

I think people that focus on video games should keep focusing on video games and leave the social commentary elsewhere.

Corpekata

Banned

Not exactly. He was attempting (keyword there) to suggest that black men's crime stats being influenced by their enviroments (which included things like too many single mothers) was an excuse that could no longer be justified. As in, there has to be some other reason for their behavior, though he would not actually state what that was.

Astral

I'm 30 minutes into that stream. If someone who's a citizen doesn't see themselves as strictly American then we have a problem? What the fuck?

Zasa

Not only is jon a racist, he is also shockingly stupid.
Well in that Twitch debate he did at one point admit that by saying, "Lol, I'm dumb" after not knowing the difference between a metaphor, analogy & an allegory.

Racists are dumb & stuff.

moggio

Banned
100% JonTron is bitter because the girl he's been stalking has a brown boyfriend with a big willy.

It's usually the case with these types.

rashbeep

Banned
Well in that Twitch debate he did at one point admit that by saying, "Lol, I'm dumb" after not knowing the difference between a metaphor, analogy & an allegory.

Racists are dumb & stuff.

His nervous laughter when he didn't have an answer and quick deflection to another point was infuriating. Props to Destiny for keeping it together.

ghibli99

Watched the Twitch thing... guy can't articulate anything. Painful, willfully ignorant, and aggressive. Sorry, but life is too short to waste time on people like this.

Corpekata

Banned
100% JonTron is bitter because the girl he's been stalking has a brown boyfriend with a big willy.

It's usually the case with these types.

On the stream one of the donations read something like "3 years ago some woman told Jon to check his privelige and got triggered so hard he went full nazi" that I think is actually probably close enough to the truth for these types of guys.

They get in hot water for something they did and they just end up totally embracing the opposite of the spectrum in order to maintain that they were right.

DrZeus

Another big name in the gaming community shows himself to a bigot. Not surprised after everything I've seen with the Gamer Gate and the like. It's really troubling as a person of color; knowing that so many preeminent figures within a hobby/industry I adore essentially hate people that share my characteristics. On the other hand I do love the openess. Helps me to put the frauds in the boxes they deserve to be in. I'll add him to this list. Who's next??

RedFury

Watched the Twitch thing... guy can't articulate anything. Painful, willfully ignorant, and aggressive. Sorry, but life is too short to waste time on people like this.
I know it's just an expression but to me the point of life is fighting ignorance so it doesn't get passed on to the next generation. Life to me is learn as much as you possibly can and better yourself, then pass that knowledge off to our future and hope they hold the same values when they become free thinkers. Where are all the critical thinkers?

Anung

Un Rama

It's the fact he truly thinks he's rational (the last rational person) and believes in evidence yet is so frickin' uninformed and dumb that it blows my mind.

Like holy shit does this guy not see the idiocy and hypocrisy in himself?

His weird rants are like the stuff you'd hear weirdo's shout on street corners except now it's legitimised somewhat.

Gestault

Did something happen to the original Destiny stream that's blocking the audio? It's giving the pop-up that sections have been muted because of copyright claims, but it was just discussion, from what I'm remembering.

Zasa

His nervous laughter when he didn't have an answer and quick deflection to another point was infuriating. Props to Destiny for keeping it together.
Yup, always a sign of insecurity of your own talking points when they have to resort to that. He really had no retorts or any fact based ones when he had to lean on hyperbole or just nonsensical statements (which was 99% of the shit he was regurgitating the whole time). I enjoyed Destiny running circles around him, completely made a fool of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom