• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadowfall Press Preview Thread

ieatzombies

Probably.. but still.. BF4 on PC is still the graphics target for next-gen consoles. As beautiful as KZ:Shadowfall looks, it's not even close to looking as good as that story-trailer of BF4.

-M
It's not just about the graphics. It's how GG is putting the art style to use in correlation with the graphics that's leaving my jaw dropped.

More destruction - True
Better AO - Not seeing it, can you show me an example?
Great color saturation - It looks more washed out to me, don't like the colour grading
Nice contrast - Don't understand what you are saying here
More detailed models - I don't think so, can you provide proof for this.
Lighting and shadow is of a higher quality -Lighting looks at least as good for me here.
Way more geometry on the screen at one time Geometry here looks better to me, and the levels look more cluttered

Dynamic weather that affects the environment How does this affect gameplay? Was it just the waves been wipped around? Been done in other games
Many more devices/toys to play with More is not better, especially when the setting is, for me, rather tedious
Higher resolutions are optional Sure, it is on PC

Just look at that story trailer! It almost looks like the E3 tech demos.

I'm not taking away from KZ:SF because it's a day one purchase for me. But there is still something out there better looking and doing even more in a given frame of animation IMO.

Nope

Can someone tell me why the fuck we talking BF4 in the KZ thread .
Plus to make matter worst the fucking PC version that using who knows what type of hardware .

scoobs

Plus to make matter worst the fucking PC version that using who knows what type of hardware .

great question. People just have this affinity with downplaying killzone games visuals, not sure where it stems from.

There is no denying its beauty

viveks86

todahawk

It's just a melee.I just thought he looked cool :p

i2vHiXtvXBrBE.gif

dear lord... love the way he just flips the old drum off to the left so nonchalantly.

velociraptor

Probably.. but still.. BF4 on PC is still the graphics target for next-gen consoles. As beautiful as KZ:Shadowfall looks, it's not even close to looking as good as that story-trailer of BF4.

-M
I have played the BF4 beta on PC. I've tried it out on high settings and frankly it looks terrible. Maxed out, on a PC, I think the SP looks brilliant. Besides that, the game has not impressed me. We don't have any footage of BF4 running on the PS4 so it's difficult to compare how it looks.

Coiote

l_07275493.jpg

Did ANYONE ask if they will ever support this? I don't care if I have to hold the DS4 with one hand, I did the same with Bioshock and RE5... it makes shooters so much better.

If the community pressures them, I am sure they will patch it later like MAG did. Unfortunately, I believe we won't be loud enough.

todahawk

that reload gif is re4 tier

i was thinking the same thing but i want to see it for myself... i instantly thought of the re4 bolt action though. don't think i've ever thought that about another games reload animations, let alone a FPS.

It looks great, but I don't really know what it does other than graphics to be that excited over. Multiplayer is very CoD-ish from what I've seen. Haven't played any of the past KZ's, but they seemed like that as well. So I could be wrong on that. But in general, the gameplay looks pretty standard stuff.
MP Gameplay is not CoD at all.

shwimpy

To be fair, Giantbomb became ultra picky about framerates like halfway through the gen when PCs starting pulling away at a rapid pace. As a result, it could be that Jeff's a lot more sensitive to framerate dips or small fluctuations now.
Isn't he primarily a console (360) gamer?

Damn, I was having doubts about forking over the cash for a ps4, but after my homie showed me NBA 2K14 last night and now this, I'm definitely re-thinking that shit. Looks fucking amazing.

Isn't he primarily a console (360) gamer?

I'm not on the site daily, but I've heard enough from him about Trackmania, and Saints Row framerates being better on PC, and PC discussion on the site in general to know that they do frequent the platform and care about performance.

Dragon

Banned
I'm not on the site daily, but I've heard enough from him about Trackmania, and Saints Row framerates being better on PC, and PC discussion on the site in general to know that they do frequent the platform and care about performance.

They've been PC peeps for a while now since console performance has been largely bad.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wonder if he played SP or MP. I have my worries about SP framerate too, it fell below 30FPS a lot of times in that latest trailer, especially visible in that monorail god rays scene. I'm also not sure if the game has per-object motion blur which would alleviate framerate worries a bit (I know it has camera blur)

G_Berry

Banned
Lol really?

I think Killzone has at least one gif in every single xbox thread but comparing and fps to another fps isn't allowed?

Cuyejo

They are using MLAA, right? It looks incredibly clean, though it still retains the issues associated with sub pixel aliasing, otherwise, this is as good as it gets on image quality terms, talking about consoles obviously.

Timu

They are using MLAA, right? It looks incredibly clean, though it still retains the issues associated with sub pixel aliasing, otherwise, this is as good as it gets on image quality terms, talking about consoles obviously.
Looks to be that way from the current build. Though I'm hoping for more use of SMAA as Crysis 3 is the only one that uses it on consoles.

Top Bottom