• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Guardian delayed

A Sony game getting delayed?

Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama.gif

jett

D-Member
I don't know what's worse, the Bing translation in the screenshot or this from Google translation:

"It is a flesh-eating announcement of sale postponement of eagle Toriko, but we have been doing the finishing touches to your current SIE Japan Studio. The other a while, please wait"

lol that's actually more understandable.

(TLG's Japanese title is Toriko, the man-eating eagle)

Gaenor

Banned
On one hand, the delay is a relatively minor one and if it is needed to ensure a more polished experience, then it's for the best.

But on the other hand, they need to stop announcing release dates too soon and only revealing them when it's firm. A significant proportion of their last couple of games missed their release target.

Servbot24

Banned
On one hand, the delay is a relatively minor one and if it is needed to ensure a more polished experience, then it's for the best.

But on the other hand, they need to stop announcing release dates too soon and only revealing them when it's firm. A significant proportion of their last couple of games missed their release target.

You're right, though to be fair you can't always predict when a new bug pops up.

RibMan

Expected. At this point, I think it's fair to say Sony has done an abysmal job managing their first-party products.

Quentino

Neo Member
december is super crowded this year. dead rising, south park, gravity rush, TLG

It really is. I mean beside the money there is the problem of not having enough time for everything if you like all these games.
Well, at least the last guardian didn´t get delayed too much. Its almost like neither FF15, nor the last guardian want to release first after all this years.

With this game in particular they shouldn't have put it on the release schedule until it was done.

jett

D-Member
My love for Shuhei aside, the management of WWS has been terrible since the beginning of this generation.

I can't say I'm particularly enthused about Yoshida's tenure. He's been killing western studios left and right, while JapanStudio gets by unscathed. That place should have been taken apart a long-ass time ago.

I legit laughed. I guess we can say it's still good it's releasing in 2016? I am expecting a delay into 2017 though to be honest, hope I'm wrong. As long as whatever issues there are, are fixed I'm happy although I have a feeling this is for PS4 Pro.

Elios83

Lol both this and FFXV.
They skipped PS3 and for me the PS4 as well since now I'll play both on Neo :D
Btw the delay is minor, hopefully the game is more polished.

It really is the delaystation . Thankfully only a minor delay , but I'm curious how this game performs , it's last showing still seemed like terrible frame rates .

BY2K

Membero Americo
So now you're telling me FFXV and this are coming out within a few days of each other?

Yeah, that's not gonna be a problem at all.

So now you're telling me FFXV and this are coming out within a few days of each other?

Yeah, that's not gonna be a problem at all.
Really simple problem to me..sorry TlG. If u get it on release date I'll just rush thru it so I can get back to ffxv so I might as well wait now

Servbot24

Banned
Why should it be expected ? Game has been in development for 9 years , and originally was targeting for a much shorter spec , if anything it should be buttery smooth after all this time .

It's to be expected because Ico's previous games as well as their developer peers with similar mindsets also have games with bad framerates. Framerate just isn't important for this type of game, proven by SotC, Dark Souls, Majora's Mask and others being among the greatest games of all time.

Also "more time = more frames" isn't how development works.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Fuck. This one too? This delays are obviously PRO mode update.

In the end those who will stick with PS4 OLD we will suffer delays like this which doesn't affect us at all.

Where is our compensation Sony?
Lmao.

You get nothing. You don't deserve anything. Lol.

N30RYU

Gold Member
Just asked sony for a cancelation of my EU PSN paid preorder... (from both delayed TLG and FFXV) other VR games release sooner and I'll put that "virtual" money on them and save some actual cash for the Pro.

I'll re-preorder them but right now I can give their paid PSN credit a better use.

Wereroku

Why should it be expected ? Game has been in development for 9 years , and originally was targeting for a much shorter spec , if anything it should be buttery smooth after all this time .

The frame rate was so bad on the ps3 the trailers were made by taking each frame and turning it into a video on pc. It sounds like the game never actually ran on the ps3 at any acceptable level. Moving it to the PS4 probably improved it but doesn't mean it fixed everything that is causing the problems.

I'm very understanding for delays, but Sony have a HUGE problem this generation. Every game is getting hit with delays. Obviously there is some incompetence going on regarding the release dates. Are things getting announced and dated too early purely for the hype?

Sony creating a Perfect Illusion

Making their fans perfect deluded

Top Bottom