• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Guardian delayed

hemo memo

Gold Member
You do realize that video game development is not just about programming games.

True for Witcher or Final Fantasy. Not much for a gameplay focus action adventure puzzle game with basic story and no set of characters to worry about voice acting or localisation.

Game development is NOT easy. I'm NOT saying they're lazy.

Ludens

Banned
Totally Ot, but am I the only one seeing a HUGE downgrade from the 2009 E3 trailer and the 2016 one?
But even from 2015 to 2016. The child and the creature are clearly downgraded.

Well this sucks, since it's coming out right after FFXV and I doubt I'll have time to play it :/ Gives me time to play RE4 in October though, which I've been dying to play again, haha

Welfare

It just didn't feel right that after the official announcement there wouldn't be at least one more delay.

At least it is still 2016.

The Last Guardian team is basically at the finish line, but some issues came up during play testing. There will be a surge of new PS4 owners during the next three months, so the new date can probably help sales of the game.

I think the game will deliver for fans of Team Ico's previous games.

Elios83

I'm thinking more along the lines of people hyping the possibilities up to themselves so much with so little official word on what the game actually is that when (if?) it’s released it can’t possibly live up to expectations.

Obviously if it's great then that's not an issue, I suppose.

Honestly I'm not seeing all this hype and expectations around this title.
Many people got interested just in the drama and delay story around it but they didn't even care about Ico and SOTC in first place. And outside of the message boards not too many people even know about the existence of the title. This is no Uncharted, Final Fantasy, COD,etc.
Others, mostly interested in graphics, jumped out when the game was reintroduced and it became apparent that they were not remaking it from scratch for the PS4.
I think this game will appeal to the fans of the other Ueda games, those who are looking for a more emotional, artistic experience while still having a great core gameplay experience.
If it can deliver on that it will be mission accomplished.

silva1991

TORIKUUUUUUU

stop crying babbys. I will take care of you.

Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

but who will take care of catbird when he eventually dies

Put him in a museum

siebert-beowulf-museum.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well at least it's still this year. Better for me. I'd rather play in vacations.

FF XV, Gravity Rush 2 and this all in one week

thanks

Jesus, they're not even sending GR2 to die, they are killing it themselves.

ViciousDS

Banned
Next up for a delay: Worlds of FF.

WyWIDhp.gif

you're right, there has been no hype around that one either!

It will get delayed to december to make sure it doesn't eat the core FF fan base all buying it instead FFXV.

Prepare for WoFF delay till at least the end of december lol

Hahahahahahahahahah!

HOW? HOW IS THIS DELAYED AGAIN???

Sony needs to get some positive news out there, they've had a rough time of it recently.

BumRush

I just get the feeling it's going to be a disaster when it releases now, which makes me so sad. SotC was one of the greatest gaming experiences ever.

jett

D-Member
Totally Ot, but am I the only one seeing a HUGE downgrade from the 2009 E3 trailer and the 2016 one?

Yes, yes you are.

Trico looks better in every way.

PS3

PS4

PS3

PS4
Trico has like more everything. More feathers, more fur shading, more whiskers, more hair, better shadowing.

Besides, the PS3 game ran at a hideously low resoultion (these are all bullshots).

But even from 2015 to 2016. The child and the creature are clearly downgraded.

That I can't say, I don't have enough media to make a proper comparison.

I'm really happy with this delay, some friends that saw the game runing two weeks ago at BGS told me that the game was pretty buggy.

DoomGaze

Banned
Yes, yes you are.

PS3

PS4

PS3

PS4

Trico has like more everything. More feathers, more fur shading, more whiskers, more hair, better shadowing.

Besides, the PS3 game ran at a hideously low resoultion (these are all bullshots).

No he's not.

The game has been downgraded, at least from where I'm sitting.

As someone who's been out of the gaming world for a while, WHAT THE FUCK? This and FF Versus are STILL not out? I feel sorry for those who've been waiting lol.

Ludens

Banned
Yes, yes you are.

PS3

PS4

PS3

PS4

Dunno, if you watch the 2016 E3 trailer the creature has much less feathers on its body (plus pink eyes), and the kid looks very different.

Servbot24

Banned
As someone who's been out of the gaming world for a while, WHAT THE FUCK? This and FF Versus are STILL not out? I feel sorry for those who've been waiting lol.

I don't. And that's speaking as someone excited for both. I've been perfectly busy living life and playing other games. :p

televator

If the game (if it trully does exist :p) turns out great, I will love it. If it turns out bad, I'll still love it for the mealtdowns. GAF would be in a state of emergency, and I'll be here to witness it. This game has brought out the sadist in me

DoomGaze

Banned
Really don't like to point this out, but...

Does anyone else see what is happening here? Every time it gets delayed we want it more.

This game... this fucking game has been hyped up for the better part of a decade. This sets it up for some serious criticism even in the event that it's a good game (and I believe it will be).

Top Bottom