• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds NYCC Trailer

Anteo

So, the alternate mirror world has an upside-down Triforce motif. And (Skyward Sword spoilers, for those that care)
Demise's evil Master Sword - i.e. Ghirahim's sword form - also has an upside-down Triforce symbol on it.
Is there some significance?

Since the Majora's Mask can be seen in the game shop, I bet the connection is to termina (which had the inverted triforce too). But you know, they probalby have linked both things.

sphagnum

Banned
So, the alternate mirror world has an upside-down Triforce motif. And (Skyward Sword spoilers, for those that care)
Demise's evil Master Sword - i.e. Ghirahim's sword form - also has an upside-down Triforce symbol on it.
Is there some significance?

I think it would be pretty neat, especially considering
Yuga is wearing Ghirahim's earrings
if it turns out that Lorule is
part of the Demon World. At least that would give it some justification for not being the Dark World or the Twilight Realm.

I guess this is going to be more than a cameo then:

t1lBZab.png

wait, what? Is this from the trailer from a while ago?

I think it would be pretty neat, especially considering
Yuga is wearing Ghirahim's earrings
if it turns out that Lorule is
part of the Demon World. At least that would give it some justification for not being the Dark World or the Twilight Realm.

500 years ago what would the land that is now Canada be called by the locals?

the thing is none of these places have to be named the same over the ages

kinda disappointed we got Hilda and not Midna but as an expansion to the ever growing world of Zelda I still welcome exploring new places and seeing how they connect

they sure know how to feed us fans

Het_Nkik

Ready for the twist? Lorule is actually the Hyrule from LttP. It has fallen on dark times and become twisted. The new Hyrule was created by/in in the Sacred Realm after the events of LttP.

The game got intereting to me after the Iwata revelation. But the artsyle, i just can't asymilate it. And for reference i didn't have any problems even with that sharp departure the Wind Waker visuals were at the time.

PSGames

That's such a reasonable comparison man.

Mind you I'm not referring to the graphical fidelity. I'm merely referencing Link's design. Look at the DS Zelda games they use the same link design as Wind Waker so it has nothing to do with the power of the system.

Mind you I'm not referring to the graphical fidelity. I'm merely referencing Link's design. Look at the DS Zelda games they use the same link design as Wind Waker so it has nothing to do with the power of the system.

Ah but it's classic LttP Link really, minus the purple hair. Nowt wrong with it really. Classic late 80's.

Damn, this game looks ugly. How could they screw the graphisms that bad? OoT 3DS looks 10 times better. The 3DS is a very capable console, games like Resident Evil Revelaitons, Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus showed that.

That won't prevent me from buying it and enjoy it, but damned, it's a full price game, it shouldn't be that ugly.

TreIII

Reminds me of the first time EAD tried to port the original design Link to 3D:

Call me nostalgic but I'm fascinated by the chibi style and relatively low poly models employed.

Likewise. The retro-style Link design really speaks to me, almost as much as Kotabe's classic Mario is integrated into 3D World.

Love the dark world remix and it'll be fun trying to find all those Maimai's.

Yeah, I like the Zelda fetch quests when they're optional and you get something unique instead of rupees, like the upgraded sword in LttP or here the upgraded Bow and Arrow. But I do like all the little side caves and "dungeons" with a single puzzle/traversal ement with a bit of treasure at the end. You're can go straight to the main dungeons, but having a dense overworld full of enemies and secrets and optional content, that you can quickly traverse...I mean, that's my ideal Zelda to me.

Maybe it wouldn't look like this, but I rather enjoyed that gameplay presentation and gave me an even greater feeling about how this game is gonna play it. I just hope the item renting is properly balanced out.

I'm waiting for impressions. It's hitting all the nostalgia notes but I am nervous how it's gonna turn out.

Not to mention playing it means I would have to buy a new 3DS and I really don't want to do that

Top Bottom