• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

I decided to order online this time, to see if they will include the LEGO shop employee poly.

I sadly did not get one from an online order a week ago. Either it's random, they ran out, or they are screwing the same VIP members that didn't get that red chrome VIP minifig keychain for Valentines. Naw, I'm not bitter. A friend was kind enough to give me his.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Looks like the promo Christmas set is not available for the Netherlands just like last year. Doesn't show up in my shopping cart.

EDIT: Now it's showing up. Seems it was a technical glitch which they fixed.

Anytime I find myself applying a sticker, I think how much cooler the piece would be if it were printed. Then I get even more annoyed when I can't even apply the darn sticker correctly...

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Anytime I find myself applying a sticker, I think how much cooler the piece would be if it were printed. Then I get even more annoyed when I can't even apply the darn sticker correctly...

I am finding myself collecting stickers more and more. Not applying them, just having them. I need to start keeping them all in one place so I don't lose them. I think all the stickers is the reason I haven't opened the Maersk train set yet. Stupid multiple piece stickers.

Some sets I am glad are riddled with stickers that I do not apply, because that means I can use the pieces later and have them plain. But then certain pieces annoy the hell out of me because they are not printed, like the Red Five X-Wing and VW Camper.

ghostmind

640px-20131012_142805.jpg

640px-20131012_142928.jpg

I love the new darker blue crisper details on R2. And here is you clone trooper with leg printing.

640px-20131012_142805.jpg

640px-20131012_142928.jpg

I love the new darker blue crisper details on R2. And here is you clone trooper with leg printing.

Looks great!

So glad I didn't get back into LEGO until recently. I'd be spending twice as much getting the new and improved versions. I can't imagine the versions getting much better than these recent improvements.

Wonder if value of older one will become less or more considering it's discontinued soon.

10237813194_80cd90a7f0.jpg

From the same source as the Flash pic.

The question is whether the heads were just stuck on standard LEGO bodies or if these will be the dimensions of these minifigs... Or whether this is real at all.

Brickblogger posted a different view.

http://thebrickblogger.com/2013/10/lego-the-simpsons-minifigures-revealed/

LEGO-Simpsons-Minifigures-Details.jpg

I will get them. Waiting for some official photos for fully judgement. I feel LEGO is going down a slipper slope moving away from the standard LEGO heads. Definitely better with custom mould, but part of me is sad.

Fowler

I will get them. Waiting for some official photos for fully judgement. I feel LEGO is going down a slipper slope moving away from the standard LEGO heads. Definitely better with custom mould, but part of me is sad.

The purist in me understands what you mean there... but at the same time, I appreciate that LEGO is flexible enough to realise when a regular minifig head just won't work and adjust accordingly. Quite like that, even if I don't like what they do with it, if that makes sense?

I think as long as the scale is intact then it's fine. Look at the difference between this:

bob003.jpg

and this:

bob020.jpg

I think as long as the scale is intact then it's fine. Look at the difference between this:

bob003.jpg

and this:

bob020.jpg

Beat me to it. That was the example I was going to use. I understand custom head moulds as a better option. Star Wars also has a ton of character specific head moulds. I just have mixed feelings. I will rationalize it as licensed IP. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I'll get over it. I <3 the CMF classic alien. There I'm over it. :)

Ponn

Banned

Oh ffs Lego just reveal the new superhero sets already. It's been like a year and all we have gotten is Man of Steel.

I've been doing some internal debating on if I wanted to really drop the money on the Winter Village sets that I would basically only bring out once a year. I did the deed and placed the order though, getting Village Market and free tree stand right now. I'm going to see what my funds look like for Brickfriday for Winter Cottage. I figure if it gets discounted great, if it sells out I will keep a close eye on amazon but I need a laptop first then Winter Cottage.

Also used Amazon credit and finally picked up Mirkwood spiders for my Halloween scene. I'm getting a pretty big following at work and was asked to a Lego halloween display so the spiders and trees will look cool. I hope Phon doesn't mind but I think i'm going to do a variation on your flying Ghost Train, it just looked really cool.

Brickblogger posted a different view.

http://thebrickblogger.com/2013/10/lego-the-simpsons-minifigures-revealed/

LEGO-Simpsons-Minifigures-Details.jpg

I don't have an issue with the custom heads but these ones look too big. Will save judgement until I see them in person though I guess. I love my Ackbar figure.

I've been doing some internal debating on if I wanted to really drop the money on the Winter Village sets that I would basically only bring out once a year. I did the deed and placed the order though, getting Village Market and free tree stand right now.

Do it! The sets ooze Christmas nostalgia (ooze brick not included)

I have the last three sitting in their boxes laughing at me every time I enter the cold room in my basement. I'm dying to build them...and I'm regretting disassembling the Toy Shop last year as as there will already be plenty of Christmas LEGO to build without redoing that one. I think I'm up to five or six CMF elves too.

I asked this before but didn't see an answer: this past February the WV Cottage got discounted significantly. Did this happen with the Post Office, Bakery or Toy Shop before it? I'm wondering if there is a precedent for me to hold off on the Market.

Surprised we haven't had a firesale on the Lone Ranger sets.

This Batman vehicle in the Mr. Freeze set is pretty spiffy looking.

That is such an underrated set. The little ice sculpture thing is great, and the vehicle is legitimately cool. So many of the Superhero sets at that price point are terrible.

Plus, Aquaman.

Well,
Just picked up Colby city as a gift for my bro and haunted house for myself with that sweet Xmas promo set!
Very pumped!

The Haunted House is so good. It's probably been at least a page since someone has said that, but it's worth repeating. I can't believe I sat on the fence for so long.

My only complaint (and it's more of a request) is that I wish I could find a good set of instructions to "modularize" it. I would love to add it to my street but my building skills are weak.

That is such an underrated set. The little ice sculpture thing is great, and the vehicle is legitimately cool. So many of the Superhero sets at that price point are terrible.

Plus, Aquaman.

I agree that the Batman "Artic" set is a nice set. Some people just don't dig Aquaman. I think it's a great minifig. Glad they gave him that cool hair piece.

I have to disagree on the other $20 Superhero sets being terrible.
- Spiderman, Venom, Nick Fury plus two cool vehicles that are nice builds.
- Lex Luthor Power Armor is awesome. Superman, Wonder Woman, mech, + generic guy in suit AKA Lex Luthor.
- Wolverine, Deadpool, and Magneto. I'm not into helicopters, but it's still a decent build.
- Can't remember, but I think Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape was also $20. That is one awesome truck. Ironman, but other 2 minifigs are found in many other sets.

I agree that the Batman "Artic" set is a nice set. Some people just don't dig Aquaman. I think it's a great minifig. Glad they gave him that cool hair piece.

- Lex Luthor Power Armor is awesome. Superman, Wonder Woman, mech, + generic guy in suit AKA Lex Luthor.
- Wolverine, Deadpool, and Magneto. I'm not into helicopters, but it's still a decent build.
- Can't remember, but I think Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape was also $20. That is one awesome truck. Ironman, but other 2 minifigs are found in many other sets.
Wolverine's chopper is cool, but the mini figs make that set. Lex Luthor's mech is the perfect storm though. Cheap set. Great build. Great figures.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Made two purchases last night for double VIP and Christmas bonus set. First purchase was R2D2 so I got the Star Wars fig and the Christmas set with it. Second purchase was the new town center 60026. Another Christmas set and double VIP. Should work out to just short of 600 VIP points. S&H didn't send me an email for the first purchase however so I had to send them an email asking if it actually went through successfully. Waiting to hear back. Could be because I had to change my address on checkout since we moved.

mojiimbo

If any of you guys in the US are still looking for the blue LE Technic crawler you might want to try calling up your store and asking if they got any in this week.

76010 The Penguin Face Off

8aAavOw.jpg

And there goes the Penguin after-market price unless the print is significantly different than the Arkham one.
Looks like a $10-12 set. As much as I like Batman I hope LEGO can do more of the DC universe. It's like having Luke Skywalker or Anakin in almost every Star Wars set. Get to it LEGO.

neonglow

And there goes the Penguin after-market price unless the print is significantly different than the Arkham one.
Looks like a $10-12 set. As much as I like Batman I hope LEGO can do more of the DC universe. It's like having Luke Skywalker or Anakin in almost every Star Wars set. Get to it LEGO.

It looks like a great value for a smaller set.

I don't know if its been posted yet, but the Springtime Scene is being cleared out at the LEGO store. I just grabbed two for $5 CDN each while picking up Palace Cinema. I am officially up-to-date on in-print modulars!

Edit: Neonglow you rock! The package arrived today. Thanks! Stagecoach gets built tonight.

Spiderman & Venom set is good for the figs alone in my opinion. Same with the Wolverine one. I can't even say the same for the Loki set since they're all available in other sets.

Totally agree on the Power Armor. Best set.

jpatez34

Neo Member
Has anyone bought and built the new Sydney Opera House? If you have can you please upload some pics. I might be getting the set soon. I just need to see it built before making my mind up.

neonglow

I don't know if its been posted yet, but the Springtime Scene is being cleared out at the LEGO store. I just grabbed two for $5 CDN each while picking up Palace Cinema. I am officially up-to-date on in-print modulars!

Edit: Neonglow you rock! The package arrived today. Thanks! Stagecoach gets built tonight.

You're welcome. Glad it got there safely.

ghostmind

76010 The Penguin Face Off

8aAavOw.jpg

I love the giant duck and the little penguins - for a $13 set, this ones packs in a lot.

I hope that the Marvel sets will deliver more next year - as compared to the Batman sets, they are lacking for the most part (QuinJet exception), with the main desire to get the sets being the minifigs.

Top Bottom