• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

TheGrue

I tore through episodes 1-4 recently, but I've been unable to force myself to play the last episode. I think people have got me scared that the ending sucks and I kind of don't want to ruin how in love I am with the game. I need to do this for Chloe and Max, I guess.

PxR

Unconfirmed Member
I agree very much with this, i have been thinking about it a little.

As soon as she used her power (however the hell she got it..you better explain this DontNod in S2) things went downhill and Chloe kept getting into trouble, as this article from Kotaku explains...a final destination scenario for Chloe each time.

http://kotaku.com/life-is-stranges-ending-is-a-hot-mess-1738291856

But if Max stops using the power right after sacrificing the town...all should be well. I agree with you that letting Chloe live makes more sense. Sacrificing her and basically completely going back to the beginning of the game makes all those happenings from S1 to S5 pointless. They happened but at the same time they didn't. Sticking with the ending where you let Chloe live means Max has helped a lot of people, made new friends and matured as a person. Sacrificing Chloe ending is very similar to that ending in another game. [/spoilerNot sure if that's going to be considered a spoiler but i mean this game

Mass Effect 3

So all those hard choices and happenings.....
for nothing. I am glad i let Chloe live.

As for season 2

It's not about Max? Interesting. I do wonder if we're getting these time manipulation powers again, if so...DO explain how we got them in the first place.

At least from what I heard from the developers in an article http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/24/8838761/life-is-strange-season-2-new-cast it seems to be a new cast which seems like the right move to me! I definitely agree with you though, while I think both endings are good, the the Sac the Bay ending just seems to make more sense from a narrative standpoint--otherwise, what's the message of the game? Then again, I chose the Bay ending so I am biased.

Tesser

I tore through episodes 1-4 recently, but I've been unable to force myself to play the last episode. I think people have got me scared that the ending sucks and I kind of don't want to ruin how in love I am with the game. I need to do this for Chloe and Max, I guess.

Yep, same dilemma I had but I finished the game regardless despite its less-than-stellar climax because I thought and still think Max & Chloe's characterization/relationship/dynamic is one of the best things of last year and I seldom give two shits about these types of characters in games. I was bracing for another stake-through-the-heart moment after I changed my mind and
lied about Chloe still being alive and prevented Jefferson from getting shot
only to find out the closing choices didn't really matter. Also the whole The Evil Within-esque segment I guess was Dontnod's 'can't think of anything, let's just throw this in to fill up time' moment during development.

-

OK, question time: was there any real direct stating that
Max's phasing back to her younger self through photos, and the 'reality' she comes into contact is spatially limited, because if not, could that not be a way to just live forever? I'm unsure on whether the white void barrier of sorts was just a game thing or that her power meant she could only exist within that particular 'area' of space-time

Yep, same dilemma I had but I finished the game regardless despite its less-than-stellar climax because I thought and still think Max & Chloe's characterization/relationship/dynamic is one of the best things of last year and I seldom give two shits about these types of characters in games. I was bracing for another stake-through-the-heart moment after I changed my mind and
lied about Chloe still being alive and prevented Jefferson from getting shot
only to find out the closing choices didn't really matter. Also the whole The Evil Within-esque segment I guess was Dontnod's 'can't think of anything, let's just throw this in to fill up time' moment during development.

-

OK, question time: was there any real direct stating that
Max's phasing back to her younger self through photos, and the 'reality' she comes into contact is spatially limited, because if not, could that not be a way to just live forever? I'm unsure on whether the white void barrier of sorts was just a game thing or that her power meant she could only exist within that particular 'area' of space-time

TEW segment? You mean
the nightmare bit where you have to avoid being seen? Personally i loved that part, well..not necessarily the sneaking bit, but how you enter the girl's dorm and see all the candles below the doors, that whole segment was great. Or the segment where you see everything that has happened again...i really loved all that.

At least from what I heard from the developers in an article http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/24/8838761/life-is-strange-season-2-new-cast it seems to be a new cast which seems like the right move to me! I definitely agree with you though, while I think both endings are good, the the Sac the Bay ending just seems to make more sense from a narrative standpoint--otherwise, what's the message of the game? Then again, I chose the Bay ending so I am biased.

Good stuff. Can't wait to see what they are going to come up with. It has to be really damn good to be able to get near this or actually top this. Is it unrealistic to hope to play the first episode of s2 this year?

PxR

Unconfirmed Member
TEW segment? You mean
the nightmare bit where you have to avoid being seen? Personally i loved that part, well..not necessarily the sneaking bit, but how you enter the girl's dorm and see all the candles below the doors, that whole segment was great. Or the segment where you see everything that has happened again...i really loved all that.

Good stuff. Can't wait to see what they are going to come up with. It has to be really damn good to be able to get near this or actually top this. Is it unrealistic to hope to play the first episode of s2 this year?

Probably is because they are working on some new game called Vampyr, but damn man, I would totally be down for a first episode at the end of the year. No idea what they would do? Would time travel be a part of it I wonder?

Probably is because they are working on some new game called Vampyr, but damn man, I would totally be down for a first episode at the end of the year. No idea what they would do? Would time travel be a part of it I wonder?

Yeah that's what i am wondering as well. Maybe they'll come up with a completely different concept.

Meier

Not going to read any posts, but this is a wonderful game and I really hope they do more with it even if it isn't the plan currently. I played straight through the first 3 chapters over the holidays with my wife and am anxious to see how it ends.

Steamlord

Even if you undo everything you did, Max still experienced it. That's the point. She's completely changed as a character. It's because of that change that she's even able to make the final decision. It's a coming of age story. It's about coming to terms with losing childhood friends as you grow older, whether through death or just drifting apart. It's about realizing that you can't change everything and make it exactly the way you want it - you have to make the best of what you have and learn to be content with that, because that's how the world works. Basically everything Chloe wasn't able to do. Chloe is a tragic character who finally comes around in the end when it's too late. It's up to Max whether to be resentful like Chloe was, or learn to accept loss and move on with her life. It's very telling that in the last shot of Max at Chloe's funeral, she's smiling. Max realizes she'll always have her memories of Chloe, just like Joyce said about William.

Mind you, I'm not saying that's absolutely the correct choice. Different interpretations of the game are what make it great. I'm just offering a defense for those who feel the Sacrifice Chloe ending makes everything pointless.

It does (in Europe at least)! PC, PS4, XB1.

edit: if you're in NA, the Square Enix store has you covered: https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/294053/life-is-strange-limited-edition-pc

This is good--thanks for the correction.. Their promo image leaves a lot to be desired.

Paying in $USD with the Canadian dollar is unfortunate, though.
71% unfortunate... oh dear.
Not going to read any posts, but this is a wonderful game and I really hope they do more with it even if it isn't the plan currently. I played straight through the first 3 chapters over the holidays with my wife and am anxious to see how it ends.

You're a real trooper for waiting to start Ep 4. I couldn't start it fast enough.

Even if you undo everything you did, Max still experienced it. That's the point. She's completely changed as a character. It's because of that change that she's even able to make the final decision. It's a coming of age story. It's about coming to terms with losing childhood friends as you grow older, whether through death or just drifting apart. It's about realizing that you can't change everything and make it exactly the way you want it - you have to make the best of what you have and learn to be content with that, because that's how the world works. Basically everything Chloe wasn't able to do. Chloe is a tragic character who finally comes around in the end when it's too late. It's up to Max whether to be resentful like Chloe was, or learn to accept loss and move on with her life. It's very telling that in the last shot of Max at Chloe's funeral, she's smiling. Max realizes she'll always have her memories of Chloe, just like Joyce said about William.

Mind you, I'm not saying that's absolutely the correct choice. Different interpretations of the game are what make it great. I'm just offering a defense for those who feel the Sacrifice Chloe ending makes everything pointless.

You got a good point there. But wasn't there a part in episode 5 where Max tells Chloe that she has to remember everything that happened? Because after the time travel for Max, Max won't remember and Chloe needs to remind her of it. Something like that.

Steamlord

You got a good point there. But wasn't there a part in episode 5 where Max tells Chloe that she has to remember everything that happened? Because after the time travel for Max, Max won't remember and Chloe needs to remind her of it. Something like that.

She won't remember everything that happened as a result of her photo-jumping until she reaches the moment of the jump. I think the idea is that she kind of goes on autopilot during those times, the most obvious example being preppy Max in the William-lives timeline. So after letting Chloe die, I guess she wouldn't remember the immediate aftermath until the point on Friday when she used the butterfly photo, at which point she would have to get filled in on how the week went differently (Nathan and Jefferson being arrested, etc.). But she would still remember the entire week that made up the game and that she had to undo, so that wouldn't be lost for her.

She won't remember everything that happened as a result of her photo-jumping until she reaches the moment of the jump. I think the idea is that she kind of goes on autopilot during those times, the most obvious example being preppy Max in the William-lives timeline. So after letting Chloe die, I guess she wouldn't remember the immediate aftermath until the point on Friday when she used the butterfly photo, at which point she would have to get filled in on how the week went differently (Nathan and Jefferson being arrested, etc.). But she would still remember the entire week that made up the game and that she had to undo, so that wouldn't be lost for her.

Ah yes, that does make sense.

Then there's one last thing for now though.

The ending where you sacrifice Chloe. How did that not have a bigger impact on Max in the sense of her wellbeing, her health? In the earlier parts of the episode we saw her getting a nosebleed plenty of times, hell at one point i started to think it was going to end with Max dying. She now travels all the way back to the beginning of episode 1 basically...how is there not even a nosebleed at all? It most definitely should have had quite an impact.

PxR

Unconfirmed Member
If you
warn Victoria and she believes you she goes to Jefferson for help/to tell him about Nathan so he takes her to the dark room, so you either have to not tell her or she doesn't believe you if you want her to survive.

Damn that really interesting! I was wondering about this after I saw a few posts saying she could die.

Steamlord

Ah yes, that does make sense.

Then there's one last thing for now though.

The ending where you sacrifice Chloe. How did that not have a bigger impact on Max in the sense of her wellbeing, her health? In the earlier parts of the episode we saw her getting a nosebleed plenty of times, hell at one point i started to think it was going to end with Max dying. She now travels all the way back to the beginning of episode 1 basically...how is there not even a nosebleed at all? It most definitely should have had quite an impact.

Well, considering she's able to go back five years in episode 3, going back less than a week doesn't seem like too big a deal, though it does seem like she gets progressively worse toward the end. If anything, I'd say the issue is with the nosebleeds themselves and that entire aspect being handled pretty inconsistently. I think the main reason it was there was for the arc in episode 2 with Chloe encouraging Max to use her powers for frivolous stuff, resulting in Max not having them when she desperately needed them. The standard "with great power comes great responsibility" lesson.

openrob

So I want another game that has the same type of feel to Life is Strange.
I played through it with my wife (which seems to be a current theme with this game haha) and want to try out something similar. What are your recommendations?

ekim

I played through it with my wife (which seems to be a current theme with this game haha) and want to try out something similar. What are your recommendations?

Unfortunately none really.
A looooong shot would be Heavy Rain or Beyond:Two souls but rather because of the Gameplay. Maybe Broken Age?
I also always wanted to have a coming of age themed game.

But I got a truckload of movie and music recommendations that could fill the gap. :p

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Have you played Gone Home yet? While not exactly similar, it's also like a coming of age story that deals with friendship and family. Definitely recommended if you like LiS. And if you can't play on pc, iirc this is coming to ps4 and xbo soon.

If you enjoyed inspecting everything in the rooms in LiS, then you need to play Gone Home anyway, because that's like the entire game.

zsynqx

I think Last of Us Left behind scratches a similar itch. Obviously it doesn't have the branching narrative angle but the same feeling of hanging around as two teenage girls.

I just saw on the first page what the price for the season pass is. Now after having finished it and took all photographs, I can easily say it's so damn worth that little bit of money. If you look at all these episodes as one it's definitely not a short game. Especially if you talk to everyone, examine everything and take all photographs. Telltale can definitely learn a thing or two from DontNod if you ask me.

I assume you saw the "Fire Walk with Me" scratched in the diner's bathroom mirror and the TWNPKS license plate.

Indeed I did, but I was getting that vibe during episode 1.

I just finished the game. There have been two games in my life that made me even remotely teary-eyed; FF7 and the beginning of The Last of Us. I'm not too proud to admit that I shed a tear or two during this ending. Of everything that stood out, it was the voice acting between Chloe and Max that really pulled me in. Their interaction sounded completely natural and unscripted, and they should be praised for their performances.

I haven't felt this much raw emotion from a game in years, if ever. Bravo Dontnod.

terrible

Banned
It's been a day since I finished it and it's still affecting me. It's pretty rare for me to sit and think about what happened in a game for this long. I'm still kind of processing everything. I'm probably more easily moved by novels and films than most but games pretty much never get me like this.

What a well done game. I think it's my game of the year for 2015 pretty easily now. I'm so glad I got Episode One in the Humble Bundle and got hooked. If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't have played it for ages and I doubt I would have been able to play a 100% spoiler free playthrough by the time I did actually get around to it.

warheat

It's been a day since I finished it and it's still affecting me. It's pretty rare for me to sit and think about what happened in a game for this long. I'm still kind of processing everything. I'm probably more easily moved by novels and films than most but games pretty much never get me like this.

What a well done game. I think it's my game of the year for 2015 pretty easily now. I'm so glad I got Episode One in the Humble Bundle and got hooked. If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't have played it for ages and I doubt I would have been able to play a 100% spoiler free playthrough by the time I did actually get around to it.

It's been a month for me and I still think of it everyday. Season 2 is day one for me. LiS and SOTC are the only games I rated 10/10.

Gawd damnit as soon as I'll get a min of me time I'm playing this, all these 10/10 impressions.. enough is enough lol.

Question, I dbl dipped on both consoles X1/PS4 on which plays/looks best? Thx!

I just finished the the game. FUUUU... I'm gonna be thinking about this game for a long time. I don't even know what to say right now other than best game I've played in years and one of the best I've ever played. Simply incredible. Excuse me while get into my feelings now.

Re2pect2

Neo Member
Fantastic game. One of my favorites in 2015. I know it's impossible, but I would kill for a second season of more Max/Chloe.

First episode was great. Some amazing scenes, character and world building. Writing is excellent for the most part.

*sigh* What could have been shit always makes me sad. I almost started crying several times towards the end. Those small insignificant scenes, like the swing, get me good.

Also Max is just too goddamned cute.

16BitNova

The ending doesn't suck. Trust me episode 5 is good. Finish it. Go with your gut feeling.

Jhoan

Finished Episode 4 on 360 and downloading Episode 5 as I type this. It was one hell of a ride.
I wasn't expecting Jefferson in the end even though he was a bit creepy/seedy since the beginning. It makes me wish I'd point the finger at him back in the principal's office. This episode was all kinds of messed up down to Rachel's grisly discovery which I saw coming from miles away that she had been dead.

The feels haven't been there for me personally since it takes a lot to move me. I loved all the set pieces in this episode
I was not expecting a Back To The Future style moment. Ended up letting alternate time line Chloe live.
The voice acting has been fantastic so props to the cast for delivering. It's amazing to see that the same Ashly Burch that voiced Tiny Tina hit a grand slam in this game. Max and Chloe's BFF relationship is pretty spot on and believable.

As for choices,
I spared the dog, successfully negotiated with Frank without injuring him nor his dog, let Warren lay into Nathan, saved the bird, warned Victoria, told the Hispanic kid to go to the party, and saved the chubby chick yet again among other things.
Looking forward to seeing the climax with Episode 5. It's been leaps and bounds better than Tell Tale's line of games (although Tales of the Borderlands is damn good). Turning off achievement notifications has helped.

Frederik

Banned
It's been a couple of days now since I've finished this game and I just can't get it out of my head. I don't think there's ever been a game that has had such an impact on me as this game. Brought me to tears several times which has also never happened to me while playing a game.

Especially the part
where you see how preventing William's death affected the timeline hit me really hard. Going up to Chloe's attic room to see it empty was so goddamn sad. I definitely felt that episode 3 and the first half of episode 4 was the game's peak. I think the ending was also great, though. I chose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay because I guess I'm selfish? I really liked the interactions between Max and Chloe and I didn't want that to end, especially after everything that happened during the game. When I made the choice I also had to think about how Max said that she would never let anyone hurt Chloe so it just felt like the right thing to do. Even though I know it would probably better to let this be the end of their story, but I would absolutely kill for a continuation of their story.

Life is Strange is the best narrative game I've ever played and there hasn't been another game that came even close to making me care about characters as much as this game did. That said, there's definitely some room for improvement. The lipsync and animation was straight up poor, voice acting from some of the minor character wasn't always great, and the game could really do with some less static hair haha. Those are all fairly minor gripes at the end of the day, though.

Now to continue listening to the soundtrack on repeat.

emag

It's not going to end in sunshine and happiness for everyone, regardless of how "well" you play, and some people just can't cope with that.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Wow wait, wait...

I was scrolling through the LiS FB page, and Chloe is voiced by Ashley - Hey Ash whatcha playin - Ash? From Gametrailers? No wonder her voice sounded familiar... Very cool.

Wow wait, wait...

I was scrolling through the LiS FB page, and Chloe is voiced by Ashley - Hey Ash whatcha playin - Ash? From Gametrailers? No wonder her voice sounded familiar... Very cool.

Yup! Additionally, according to the wiki she did Stella and Taylor too. Actually, quite a few of them doubled up on voices.

Tesser

It's been a couple of days now since I've finished this game and I just can't get it out of my head. I don't think there's ever been a game that has had such an impact me as this game. Brought me to tears several times which has also never happened to me while playing a game.

I just finished the the game. FUUUU... I'm gonna be thinking about this game for a long time. I don't even know what to say right now other than best game I've played in years and one of the best I've ever played. Simply incredible. Excuse me while get into my feelings now.

Having played the demo at EGX Rezzed last April, I really didn't give it that much of a chance as early impressions were that it was slow and the dialogue really grated on me. I only picked it up and gave it another shot last month and blasted through the game in a couple of sittings. So glad I did as it's probably THE surprise of the year for me.

And yes, I haven't felt so many feels in a game in a long while. The beginning of Chapter 4 with THAT conversation/choice (and I don't know how) nearly broke me and I must have spent the following weeks just trying to process what the fuck I'd played. But I really enjoyed it.

Still...a game - more specifically, its characters and dialogue - hasn't made me 'feel' as much as this since Mother 3's ending.

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Anteo

So I finished the game:

I felt like after everything Max went through to save Chloe the "Sacrifice Chloe" choice didn't make sense, so I sacrificed Arcadia Bay instead. And... they just leave the town. Not even looking for anyone, even after Max tried to help people in the middle of the storm of a timeline she was going to rewind anyways but on the real final timeline? nope. Chloe did say her parents didn't deserve to die so, did she know there was no hope for survival on the town? In any case, nothing really matters, everyone dies.

Also, I went back and watched the other ending, and Kate is alive even though she died on my playthrough. The video was already out wasnt it? I dont understand why she survives anyways. So basically, either everyone lives, or everyone dies. Cool game tho.

Also, I totally saw the changes between diferent timelines coming, like Chloe's dad was alive, so there is no way everything is right or else Max would just continue in that timeline.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ending spoils:
The implication is that Chloe's death overshadows Kate's bullying (or ends it entirely) and/or Max intervenes before Kate reaches her tipping point. Keep in mind a lot of what contributed to her attempted suicide ties directly to people involved with Chloe/Max. Jefferson behind bars means he never brushes Kate off outside class, Madsen losing his stepdaughter means he never gets on Kate's case. The investigation would've also turned up that Kate was a victim of Nathan/Jefferson and bullying her would be seen as a very scummy thing to do rather than just high school clique bullshit.

For the other ending, they ran out of budget so they only "finished" one ending while the other one was kind of glossed over.

Shizuka

Just finished the game today, played one chapter a day. I'm not sure, I left the experience completely underwhelmed. I knew it was going to turn it out at the last chapter, but it didn't make up for how bored I was through the first four chapters.

Anteo

Ending spoils:
The implication is that Chloe's death overshadows Kate's bullying (or ends it entirely) and/or Max intervenes before Kate reaches her tipping point. Keep in mind a lot of what contributed to her attempted suicide ties directly to people involved with Chloe/Max. Jefferson behind bars means he never brushes Kate off outside class, Madsen losing his stepdaughter means he never gets on Kate's case. The investigation would've also turned up that Kate was a victim of Nathan/Jefferson and bullying her would be seen as a very scummy thing to do rather than just high school clique bullshit.

For the other ending, they ran out of budget so they only "finished" one ending while the other one was kind of glossed over.

I was just thinking "If they are low on budged this is a good way too hide it" after playing the flashback/nightmare part, they were reusing a ton of stuff.

I guess you are right about Kate, but it's too bad that none of my choices had much of an impact on the ending because of the budged and how the story goes. I supose is super hard to plan an ending like that but if small things change depending on some of your choices, it would be a much better end for me.

Just finished the game today, played one chapter a day. I'm not sure, I left the experience completely underwhelmed. I knew it was going to turn it out at the last chapter, but it didn't make up for how bored I was through the first four chapters.

I wasnt that bored, but some parts were boring, there were times we knew stuff Max did, conversations she had wouldnt matter because she would still go and change the past,
like when she went looking for the photo Warren had on the last chapter
, but I still had to go through.. I was thinking why do i bother...

Sora_N

Ending spoils:

That sounds about right. I felt one of the endings was pretty lacking. It still worked but I wish it was a bit more conclusive.

alexbull_uk

That sounds about right. I felt one of the endings was pretty lacking. It still worked but I wish it was a bit more conclusive.

One ending was definitely less conclusive but the more I think about it, I'm not sure what else could have actually been shown.
The dead body of someone important, maybe? Warren or Joyce, perhaps.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
One ending was definitely less conclusive but the more I think about it, I'm not sure what else could have actually been shown.

It could've shown them
looking for survivors, or visiting people in the hospital, burying their friends, or with some of the recovery efforts, before making the decision to leave Arcadia Bay.

Lots of stuff really, it would've been a post-Katrina moment for them.

Sora_N

I have a couple ideas but I think what you suggested could work because it shows the impact of Max's decision.

TheGrue

It's not going to end in sunshine and happiness for everyone, regardless of how "well" you play, and some people just can't cope with that.

I actually just beat it and I loved the ending.
I let Chloe die.

Looks like I delayed for nothing.

Jhoan

Finished Episode 5. Thoughts on it and the ending:

The whole timeline jumping thing was really fascinating but in the end, no matter how many times Max tries to save Chloe, she's still fated to die. I chose to save her in the end because from a narrative point of view, this whole story was basically about the great lengths Max was willing to go through to save Chloe. In retrospect, it made Warren's romantic advances at Max seem moot since Warren was relegated to being a secondary sidekick. I regret kissing him in the cataclysm timeline since it made more sense for me to hug him because I chose not to go on a date with him.

I didn't like how Jefferson came off as a typical cartoon moustache twirling villain in the end. It was very out of place for his character to explain it all. It was hinted at that he was suspicious from the outset of the game but the game did a great job of using red herrings. I did like how the dog rested his head on Max's lap in the diner since that was a nice touch.

I have mixed feelings about the ending because in the end it was a disappointing A or B thing instead of making the smaller decisions with supporting characters matter in addition to the big ending. It was similar to Mass Effect 3's original set of endings; not particularly satisfying in a good way. The thing that saving leaves ambiguous/unresolved is that it just shows them riding off into the sunset through the town without a word whereas sacrificing her is more noble and cements that in the end Chloe can't be saved. That ending with Chloe felt like a bit of an afterthought as a result. I felt like DontNod dropped the ball a bit in the end but it's the artists' original vision so just have to accept it for what it is.

Overall I enjoyed it. I was happy to see that this game differentiated itself for the Tell Tale formula down to nixing QTE's. A few unresolved questions, but overall, not a bad ride and loads of little details in the environments.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Well, just finished it. I was really bummed at how they shoehorned in some awful gameplay stuff at the end. The timelines started to become nonsensical after awhile. Chloe's voice couldn't have been more grating at the
lighthouse
scene. The moment where you
walk past your memories
wasn't needed, especially after all the rewinded moments you have to endure a second time throughout the game. I dunno, I liked the game overall. I went into the last chapter with a clean slate and was determined not to let the negativity surrounding it get the best of me, but I didn't care for it and it brought the whole experience down a notch. It probably didn't help that I chose to
save Chloe (since that was what most of the second half was devoted to). Driving through Arcadia Bay was a lackluster moment.

Confession time:

End game spoiler:
I got to the final choice earlier in the week and decided the sacrifice chloe ending was going to be too gut-wrenching even though I felt like it resonated more with me and more fitting, so I picked the save Chloe choice on purpose to avoid getting that punch to the gut.

I replayed episode 5 today and chose what I wanted to earlier in the week.

I'm a wreck right now. I can barely type.

I think the one thing from this game that just connected with me on such a deep level is when
they find Rachel's body and Chloe says something to the effect of, 'But I loved her so much.'
. For me, the whole game is about how our love for someone deludes ourselves into thinking that they (and by extension, us) are protected from tragedy and grief. Every once in a while, I wrestle with the fact that one day my mother or my best friend may not be there for me anymore, no matter how deeply I loved them and cared for them. I haven't been this moved by something I watched/played in years.

I'm kinda afraid now, after reading some of the posts here. The first episode was pretty sad in a number of ways. Not sure I could handle anything far worse. This stories gonna linger with me for awhile, or longer. Torn.

alexbull_uk

I'm kinda afraid now, after reading some of the posts here. The first episode was pretty sad in a number of ways. Not sure I could handle anything far worse. This stories gonna linger with me for awhile, or longer. Torn.

It definitely gets "worse" but that's why the game is so special. Definitely worth playing.

Top Bottom