• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

The end of episode 2 got real.
Makes me kind sick knowing that improper exploration would have resulted in death. Even though, lets be honest here, Kate's suicide was seen a mile away. Wasn't expecting it to happen so soon though.

Nice to see choices actually mattering for more than one episode. Butterfly effect in action. Take that L Telltale.

RedAssedApe

Banned
haven't started playing this yet but noticed a new patch today. mentioning dev commentary.

is dev commentary going to available to everyone or just the physical LE version?

When a "Hella Large" too Large?
1xYERYf.jpg

FsTCLMT.png

Got early copy of the Limited Edition and I can't find the Director's Commentary... really hoping I don't have to complete the game again just to get it to unlock...

Got early copy of the Limited Edition and I can't find the Director's Commentary... really hoping I don't have to complete the game again just to get it to unlock...

Based on the new update, I think the Commentary is going to be a downloadable unlock from the store. The new update was 800MB (which is big for this game). I think the commentary is in there, but it cannot be accessed yet.

I haven't gotten my LE yet but the director's commentary should be an option in the menu. Don't know it's related but have you gotten patch 1.07 yet?

Based on the new update, I think the Commentary is going to be a downloadable unlock from the store. The new update was 800MB (which is big for this game). I think the commentary is in there, but it cannot be accessed yet.

From the official Life Is Strange Facebook page:
We hope you are all looking forward to playing the Limited Edition tomorrow – if you’re playing on PS4, please be aware that the Directors Commentary will be available to download on January the 25th.
Source

Jintor

by the way, this is getting really annoying now, but there's some sort of minor audio stutter bug which is only happening every once in a while, but basically after loading a new audio file the speech file will cut out for like a half-second about a second after starting, so you'll get something like "Oh y- [nothing] -o that's why Victoria's a biyatch". Is this common? Maybe I can just make steam reverify the files...

SpotAnime

Cool that the Director's Commentary is a free download for those who already own the game. That was the main reason why I was interested in buying the LE, so glad I waited instead of double dipping.

The commentary is up now on the Xbox store, but as stated earlier it won't be available on PSN until the 25th.

terrible

Banned
I didn't realize the Limited Edition was coming out today. I guess I wasn't paying attention. I can't wait to get my copy from Amazon. Normally I feel a bit dumb doubling dipping but not with this one at all.

I'm definitely picking up the limited edition today! Even though I already watched the series on YouTube I really want to play this for myself

I'm torn on buying the PC limited edition.
As much as I would rather have it for PC, Amazon Prime/BB GCU 20% with free shipping is pushing me towards PS4. Does anyone know if the PC has a disc or is it just a steam code? Are there any performance issues on PS4?

terrible

Banned
I'm torn on buying the PC limited edition.
As much as I would rather have it for PC, Amazon Prime/BB GCU 20% with free shipping is pushing me towards PS4. Does anyone know if the PC has a disc or is it just a steam code? Are there any performance issues on PS4?

The demo on PS4 has some stuttering right after scenes load in that didn't exist for me on PC but it only happened right after loading for a few seconds. Not sure if that exists in the full version, though it's not a big deal either way imo.

I got the LE yesterday, everything feels so half assed. But I got it for like 30 dollars, so I feel like I shouldnt complain too much. I wish the artbook had little notes to give some context to the art, but its straight artwork with 0 context as to what anything is. I wish the commentary was a whole playthrough, but its just some little significant segments. Episode 5 is not talked about at all iirc. I thought the last part of the documentary was the most interesting...the whole doc is split up into 9 parts. They feel a little on the short side.

The Soundtrack is cool tho

Voyevoda

Cool that the Director's Commentary is a free download for those who already own the game. That was the main reason why I was interested in buying the LE, so glad I waited instead of double dipping.

The commentary is up now on the Xbox store, but as stated earlier it won't be available on PSN until the 25th.

Really? Awesome, I might pick the LE on PC then, as I've already got the game on PS4.

I got the LE yesterday, everything feels so half assed. But I got it for like 30 dollars, so I feel like I shouldnt complain too much. I wish the artbook had little notes to give some context to the art, but its straight artwork with 0 context as to what anything is. I wish the commentary was a whole playthrough, but its just some little significant segments. Episode 5 is not talked about at all iirc. I thought the last part of the documentary was the most interesting...the whole doc is split up into 9 parts. They feel a little on the short side.

I'd love a full playthrough commentary, but that's 8+ hours of film/audio. That's a shitload!

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator

Wallet saved!

I was browsing the LE earlier today just for the art book and commentary but glad now that the former is under par and the latter is going to be free for everyone.

I'd love a full playthrough commentary, but that's 8+ hours of film/audio. That's a shitload!

There is a very small portion where they kind of play through, it skips around a lot, the beginning area in the classroom. They point out little things like a mistake on a poster. I wanted to see more of that, but it didn't really have anything else like that in all 9 parts

I think it would have been super cool if it wasn't film at all. If you just play through the game and there are moments where you can activate commentary. I think it's been done before, but I can't remember in what. That's probably a lot of work to do though

Yeah. I don't recommend this LE to anyone who isn't a huge fan of the game and who simply wants to own whatever Life is Strange stuff they can manage. It's pretty bare with such a small art book. I feel it would've been better and more worth the price if it has also come with with a 22"x30" poster.

Essentially, you're really just paying for the game and a physical copy of the soundtrack. The art book seems a bit like an afterthought. No regerts though. I'm blinded with fandom.

aradikus

Yeah. I don't recommend this LE to anyone who isn't a huge fan of the game and who simply wants to own whatever Life is Strange stuff they can manage. It's pretty bare with such a small art book. I feel it would've been better and more worth the price if it has also come with with a 22"x30" poster.

Essentially, you're really just paying for the game and a physical copy of the soundtrack. The art book seems a bit like an afterthought. No regerts though. I'm blinded with fandom.

I didn't buy the LE, but I really wanted to because of the Commentary Track while playing the game...

aradikus

There is a very small portion where they kind of play through, it skips around a lot, the beginning area in the classroom. They point out little things like a mistake on a poster. I wanted to see more of that, but it didn't really have anything else like that in all 9 parts

I think it would have been super cool if it wasn't film at all. If you just play through the game and there are moments where you can activate commentary. I think it's been done before, but I can't remember in what. That's probably a lot of work to do though

Oh wow, I didn't realize that's the way it was. The way you are describing was done in Grim Fandango, I just checked that out this past weekend. Now I don't feel bad for just getting the standard edition.

I can't wait to play, though.

Skii

I just finished this game... Wow!

I had to sacrifice Chloe in the end. It's what she would've wanted. You could tell that she finally understood the repercussions of Max's time traveling. The whole story was about Max and Chloe learning to be selfless and they end up learning the hardest way possible. Was definitely choking up at the funeral.

Other than that, I knew Jefferson was going to be the "villain". It was so obvious. I remember hearing he had a thing for Rachel from the 1st episode and it just seemed like the game was trying to subvert your expectation with Nathan and even Samuel.

Didn't expect the ending to episode 3 but I finally realised where the story was going. Couldn't have predicted the storm was linked to Max fucking up the timeline!

I'm actually surprised that so many people picked Chloe over Arcadia Bay lol. I watched the ending for it in collector mode and it was extremely unsatisfying - I guess it makes sense considering the selfishness of the choice.

Just love that the entire game was about you learning that your first ever decision in the game was wrong and you being unable to even comprehend it until the very end.

I picked up the LE. I wanted to support this game, I prefer physical over digital, and now I finally get to play it!

Though I can't find the Director's Commentary anywhere. Where I download it? I didn't see it on the PSN Store.

Top Bottom