• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine today! The disc was slightly loose but still in the hub, if that makes any sense. Probably helps that I handled it like a newborn baby from the mailbox until I opened it, hahaha.

Thanks for the sticker and postcard!

Loved the black packing envelope. :)

When you order the game with the soundtrack does it take longer to ship? No notice on my Shadow Complex yet.
It sounds like the fulfillment center is still focused on getting out solo items before moving onward to larger, bundled packages. I ordered both games together and I haven't received any notification on shipment, but I guess that's a by-product of them being notably cautious after they fumbled a number of orders in the last round.

It sounds like the fulfillment center is still focused on getting out solo items before moving onward to larger, bundled packages. I ordered both games together and I haven't received any notification on shipment, but I guess that's a by-product of them being notably cautious after they fumbled a number of orders in the last round.

I ordered a Rainbow Moon soundtrack on the second wave, and that hasn't shipped out ywt, but my games have.

Thanks for the info. Got an update on my Shadow Complex now so no longer worried.

Got Shadow Complex in and the disc is loose inside. Shame...I really didn't want to break the wrap but it's Gona bug me if I don't set it in. How the hell does the disc even come loose like that? Pretty unprofessional IMO. I've never gotten physical media where the disc inside is blatently loose from the holding. Kinda sours my first experience.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Still waiting on shipping notification for Shadow Complex... got my order in 7 minutes after they went live.

Got Shadow Complex in and the disc is loose inside. Shame...I really didn't want to break the wrap but it's Gona bug me if I don't set it in. How the hell does the disc even come loose like that? Pretty unprofessional IMO. I've never gotten physical media where the disc inside is blatently loose from the holding. Kinda sours my first experience.

It's how the game cases are. I've had cases shipped from Amazon, microsoft, eBay where sometimes discs are loose. Not a LRG thing. Thus stuff happen during shipping sometimes.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
the copy of DOOM i bought from best buy last week was loose. this is really the first time it's happened to you?

Tohsaka

This happens like half the time I get PS4 games from Amazon, nothing new here.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

You're very lucky it hasn't happened before.
It's common with PS4.

Best Buy example:
https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/767543627639824384
Target example:
https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/767543934423793664
Amazon example:
https://twitter.com/limitedrunjosh/status/767544190381285376

the copy of DOOM i bought from best buy last week was loose. this is really the first time it's happened to you?

Yeah, it happens all the time. Nearly half of my PS4 games came with loose discs, it's got nothing to do with LRG. Sony should really look into this and make better cases.

It's how the game cases are. I've had cases shipped from Amazon, microsoft, eBay where sometimes discs are loose. Not a LRG thing. Thus stuff happen during shipping sometimes.

This happens like half the time I get PS4 games from Amazon, nothing new here.

Maybe it's because 85% of my physical games are for Xbox One and NONE of them have ever been loose. Whether I've ordered them from Amazon, Best Buy, picked them up in store, ect.

The only physical games I have for PS4 are Destiny, Overwatch and Black Ops 3 and none were loose so I always assumed the case quality was fine, as it was with the 20+ Xbox one games I own physical.

Guess I didn't realize this was an issue...but if it's widespread than Sonys printing plant needs to step it the fuck up because that's unacceptable to me for a large corporation.

I feel bad for putting the blame on LRG in my original post, but it's still a bit bummer to me :(

Yeah, PS4 cases are awful. They're too flimsy and one good jolt can set the disc free with plenty of room to scrape around.

I import all my games from the US or UK and nearly every single one has arrived with the disc rattling inside. Having an instruction manual padding out the case helps somewhat, but those are incredibly rare.

It's been an issue since the PS4 launched and it's clear Sony just doesn't care. =\

The loose disc situation is the worst - we're trying to get Sony to fix it but since Blu-rays don't scratch easy and they expect people to open these up it isn't exactly high on their priorities. :(

Most Wanted

CoUAaRwWEAAmMDz.png

CpEYHswWgAAjlaY.png

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah, PS4 cases are awful. They're too flimsy and one good jolt can set the disc free with plenty of room to scrape around.

I import all my games from the US or UK and nearly every single one has arrived with the disc rattling inside. Having an instruction manual padding out the case helps somewhat, but those are incredibly rare.

It's been an issue since the PS4 launched and it's clear Sony just doesn't care. =\
Not a fan of loose discs myself, but are there any tales of scratched Bluray discs because of this?

Labadal

I haven't bought anything from LRG yet, but half the games I order online have loose discs when they arrive.

Intel_89

The last game I got that was loose was Etrian Odyssey Untold from Amazon, and I was pretty sour on it because I already owned it digitally and was meant to be kept sealed. This stuff happens all the time, but when you have so many orders with such problem...

Clive

As it should be.
It's not about Sonic 4, it's the principle behind SEGA's actions. You should be worried about a physical version happening altogether.

I do think a limited guesswork run in one of the most iconic video game franchises of all time is far from ideal but it is "better than nothing". I'll take what I can get.

AzaK

What a fucking awesome idea. Seriously. As someone who dreads our digital future I welcome this with open arms (and wallet)

I'm haven't got shipping notifications for Rainbow Moon or Shadow Complex, but I live in Canada so I'm expecting it to take a little bit longer. Thank god the Canada Post strike didn't go thru.

I don't think any international orders from Aug 19th have shipped yet.

I don't want to complain, but at this rate the next game will be sold before they are shipped, which only means orders will be more and more backed up. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom