• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

My body is not ready for these megaton levels of hype.

Dream: P5 on PS4 with CROSSPLAY AND CROSSBUY on Vita. Set in NEOKYOTO with a female lead in UNIVERSITY. Plot line? SNOW MONKEYS are taking over Japan.

Couldn't it be Nagoya?

2558062568_a4ecbed106_z.jpg

You stole my post >XD

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Am i the only one thinking that the order of the characters is not random?

I was thinking that maybe there's a hidden message, each character(coming from the right, teddy included) is a letter(the first of their names?) and teddy coming from the left is separator/space or something similar.
I know only the english names of persona 4 characters though.

Shouta

I'd laugh if the P3/P4 usage was to throw folks off and this was a P2 Remake or P5 in the vein of P2 + a bit of P3/P4 mixed in.

CronoShot

My 3DS, Wii U, Vita, PS3, and PS4 are ready. I don't care what it comes to, just give it to me.

If it's Xbox exclusive somehow, I'll cry.

Asd202

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu so every day they will show a new tease the wait will be painful. I'm calling it now Persona 4 sequel on PS3/Vita.

marrec

Banned
I'm sorry, but I just found out about this and I'm confused as hell.
What is going on and when do we learn the secret? Anyone care to give me a recap so far?

Announcements actually on the 24th, until Atlus has decided to make a parody of the countdown teaser by putting countdowns within it's countdown to the 24th. At the end of every countdown they play a trailer from one of the previous Persona games.

Except for the countdown that ended at midnight in Japan. They played a 'Midnight Channel' style teaser of a TV covered in static with a bit of picture behind it.

It's probably Persona 5.

That is all.

The make babies game was enough to convince me, this would just make me get one right now.

make babies game? But yeah if this was on crossbuy I may have to buckle and get it. Only reason I'm holding off is I've spent a ton this past month between ps4, a new ssd, a N5 and a new external, my wallet needs a breather before Black Friday/Christmas shopping starts lol

Lunar15

Why's everyone still talking about a P4-2? That's already been shot down by atlus themselves, basically.

I mean, unless they were super hyper trolling: but I doubt it.

18-Volt

Screw PS4, it's already breaking records. Vita desperately needs a system seller and after P4G, P5 is the perfect choice for that. P5G or P5F whatever they would call it, can appear on PS4 a year later.

VXLbeast

I think an extra-dimensional being that feeds off despair is forecasting these events to raise hope in Persona fans that Persona 5 is going to be announced, only to dash these hopes and feed off the despair of Persona fans.

This theory can't not be true.

I did too. Even though she felt slightly shoehorned in. "Oh Narukami, surprise we all coincidentally found you eating lunch at the same time, let's hang out, who's this blue haired broad?"
Who cares if she was shoehorned in, you don't look at a gift-waifu in the mouth.

Going back to that Midnight Channel theory of getting clearer each day, it is raining in the LA area and is projected to for the next 2-3 days. Hmmmmm, I'll be at the TV tonight.

duckroll

I'm sorry, but I just found out about this and I'm confused as hell.
What is going on and when do we learn the secret? Anyone care to give me a recap so far?

Atlus is making a major announcement from the Persona team at 8pm in Japan this Sunday. Because it's a "MAJOR" announcement, instead of just a teaser site, they have a 72 hour livestream countdown, where they have silly stuff from the series popping up every now and then to get fans excited. That's about it.

whats with all the hate for Perona 4-2? I would actually be more happy if this happens instead of 5. I also really want it to be on ps4. I probably wouldnt even buy it if its on ps3, vita MAYBE

Faustek

hmm someone's selling a 3g vita for $120 on craigslist, shit I may have to give the dude a call...

Wait you can buy stuff from Craigslist? I thought it was a hookup place for "sexual deviants"
Not from US so All I see is funny internet cutouts.

are you kidding? I'd love a p3/4 style remake of 2. I mean, not in place of P4-2 or 5, but still.

I would agree. It's not healthy to love a IP this much.

Hey guys, remember in Persona 4 when you thought the story characters were pretty fucking stupid for not understanding on day 1 what was shown on the midnight channel and they had to watch it the next few days to finally figure it out?

Right now, we're the ones looking stupid, squinting and not figuring anything out.

Damn you, Atlus.

Gbraga

whats with all the hate for Perona 4-2? I would actually be more happy if this happens instead of 5. I also really want it to be on ps4. I probably wouldnt even buy it if its on ps3, vita MAYBE

Did you play Arena? I personally think it's a terrible direction they're headed there, and I don't want Persona 5 to follow up on that.

If it was P4-2 ignoring Arena? Sure, bring it, it'd be awesome, specially with a time skip.

Hey guys, remember in Persona 4 when you thought the story characters were pretty fucking stupid for not understanding on day 1 what was shown on the midnight channel and they had to watch it the next few days to finally figure it out?

Right now, we're the ones looking stupid, squinting and not figuring anything out.

Damn you, Atlus.

Damn

Wait you can buy stuff from Craigslist? I thought it was a hookup place for "sexual deviants"
Not from US so All I see is funny internet cutouts.

I would agree. It's not healthy to love a IP this much.

Yeah craigslist has a huge section for selling stuff (sold stuff there myself) and the videogame section is actually full of PS4s right now lol since meeting in person to sell could potentially be more profitable than online with ebay fees and such

Did you play Arena? I personally think it's a terrible direction they're headed there, and I don't want Persona 5 to follow up on that.

If it was P4-2 ignoring Arena? Sure, bring it, it'd be awesome, specially with a time skip.

Damn

oh, yeah..i never played arena and know nothing about it. I was just talking about a sequel to persona 4, not arena

Top Bottom