• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

squidyj

i sense tomorrow's category.....

actually, i can't quite remember seath's gambit in specifics, squider? what was he trying to trip you up with??????? again? XD;;;;;

it was great though.... i remember doing O____O????????? face for a few minutes :>

I said that I didn't necessarily want to turbo him right away when we had a bunch of day left and then he was like HAH, YOU JUST ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD.

Sorian

Banned
I don't have one for best theme, sorry :O

2. Kark in NX, I still don't understand the gambit
3. Makai in DR, gotta respect the neutral being the only winner.

Swamped

Banned
OK! DAY TWO CATEGORIES!

1. Best Use of Theme
2. Best Unnecessary Gambit
3. Best Neutral Player

AB totally stole all my answers...

1. DR. A game of Mafia is very fitting in the DR environment/story.
2. Blarg claiming UI in SW. Maybe it's because it was my first mafia game, but I will never forget my reaction to this claim XD. He's an honorary Undercover Imperial in my heart.
Actually, when I'm feeling down or stressed, all I need to do is think of Blarg's SW claim and how he slowly died in Chthulu, and that never fails to make me chuckle, no matter how bad I feel. That, and egruntz's Polish Car Wash thread.
3. Going with Palmer, but Sorian is a close second. Palmer and Raindoc's relationship was so hilarious, and I felt like Palmer played that role really well. I thought about Makai too, but he started off as Town.

Palmer_v1

Raindoc's Bitch.

You people will never understand my pain! MattyG, karkador, and Timeaisis have literally DOZENS of PMs from me lamenting my fate. I swear to Yoda, I flip-flopped on Raindoc's alignment so many times.

I have to deserve something, if only for the goddamn fleet of buses I used to run Blargonaut over.

Oh my god, I'm literally shaking thinking back to his fucking twisty straw puzzle!

Also, lol Czartim.

Palmer_v1

1. Archer/Ouro. I may be biased by knowledge of the source material, but he really embraced his role as Malory.
2. Karkador/NX. What in the holy hell.
3. Johnny. He literally saved my life and also won his own neutral victory.

Swamped

Banned
Raindoc's Bitch.

You people will never understand my pain! MattyG, karkador, and Timeaisis have literally DOZENS of PMs from me lamenting my fate. I swear to Yoda, I flip-flopped on Raindoc's alignment so many times.

I have to deserve something, if only for the goddamn fleet of buses I used to run Blargonaut over.

Oh my god, I'm literally shaking thinking back to his fucking twisty straw puzzle!

Also, lol Czartim.

And remember when mafia could have won a day early, but you all decided to lynch AB instead XD. We complained so much in the dead thread that day! Good memories.

Palmer_v1

And remember when mafia could have won a day early, but you all decided to lynch AB instead XD. We complained so much in the dead thread that day! Good memories.

Everyone would have claimed to be the undercover rebel! It would have been madness!

Raindoc's Bitch.

Also, lol Czartim.

...i... i wanna see these PMs *_____*

Ourobolus

Banned
So, uh, is there anyone here who hasn't seen the MGS game thread? I need a replacement. Preferably within the next 8 hours.

Karkador

Banned
I like to think of it as a power play that nobody except Blarg followed up on. It's not like we were entirely wrong, either.

I think the thing I'm saltiest about with that is that you guys chose to kill me rather than wait one night and see. It felt like every moment of those witch hunt clichés where the village seems impossibly stupid and mobbing everyone.

Sorian

Banned
I like to think of it as a power play that nobody except Blarg followed up on. It's not like we were entirely wrong, either.

I think the thing I'm saltiest about with that is that you guys chose to kill me rather than wait one night and see. It felt like every moment of those witch hunt clichés where the village seems impossibly stupid and mobbing everyone.

See, I feel no shame for what I did. You were too smart for your own good. No ragrets.

cabot

1. Best Use of Theme
3. Best Neutral Player

1. Cthulhu because it was genuine insanity.
2. I think Blarg's SW one just overtakes Kark's NX one.
3. Palmer, with Sorian a tight second.

Actually, Launch's whole bizarre super negative 'woe is me' attitude for almost the entire NX game and then eventually being revealed as town could be a contender for unnecessary gambit. The most scummy town ever.

Sorian

Banned
Palmer probably deserves the win (I wasn't there and I never read SW) but I appreciate people thinking that my neutral win was anything special.

*Splinter

People seem to hate D1 gambits for some reason

Trust me, in this community you WILL see people tell the most insane lies about their power roles. 5 times lightning rod that is night kill immune? seen it. Cate Archer from no one lives forever in a game which theme has absolutely nothing to do with that? Old news. Those moments are often the most funny moments in a game!

got links to these moments?

roytheone

1. Best Use of Theme
3. Best Neutral Player

1. Election mafia. Making such a pretty boring subject hilarious!
2. Kark his "let's kill myself on day 1" move in NX. Again, thanks for that, it really helped us out!
3. Sorian in NX. Again, thanks for that, it really helped us out!

Darryl

Banned

I thought that, too. There wasn't even a reason behind the madness. I was on your side. The other two were leaning neutral. It was almost completely driven by town with no evidence, two PR causalities, on day 1. And with a shred of caution could have likely been prevented. So good. I felt towny as fuck for not being apart of that.

Swamped

Banned
How about making an announcement in the first post saying something like "only ten more spots left! Accepting replacement players after that". Maybe that will incentivize more people to sign up?

cabot

How about making an announcement in the first post saying something like "only ten more spots left! Accepting replacement players after that". Maybe that will incentivize more people to sign up?

doesn't the priority system make that inaccurate?

new players wont be replacements and such. I'm stuck at the arse of the mafia dinosaur, weeping.

Sorian

Banned

new players wont be replacements and such. I'm stuck at the arse of the mafia dinosaur, weeping.

For new people it's accurate but yes, after 10 people sign up, it's going to bump you and others.

Edit: Oh wow, when did the power couple get together and announce a mid season game?

Sorian

Banned

Also, at least Splinter is at the asser end, small consolation?

I always feel like I should be lower on the list but then I remember that you chucklefucks don't let me get past night 2 unless I'm a backstabbing neutral.

Top Bottom