• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

RetroMG

Hey, a couple of us are talking about putting together a real-time, live mafia game through text chat or video chat one night soon. If you are interested, please check out this thread on Outer Gafia.

Makai

I'm retiring from Mafia, guys. Stretching myself way too thinly. Finishing up the debate threads and then focusing my creative energy on entrepreneurship.

I'm retiring from Mafia, guys. Stretching myself way too thinly. Finishing up the debate threads and then focusing my creative energy on entrepreneurship.

Was awesome to have you, Mak! o7 Your true neutral victory will live forever~

Come back to us anytime :> And good luck on entrepreneurship!

Also, I might be retiring soon. Got back to MMO and has virtually very little time for anything else right now :x

Ourobolus

Banned

Just want to say that your debate threads are amazing.

If you need an investor, let me know. I make more money than the rest of GAFia combined. :D

Ourobolus

Banned
So. Talked a bit to some of the other mods.

How does everyone feel about Season 5 being the last (for now) of the "non-normal" seasons? We discussed getting back to a bit of normalcy. While I think that Disney Princess and Love Boat are close enough to normal Mafia, should we move back to something more approachable? Some people have figured out that modding takes a bit of effort - just as much (if not more) than playing in the games. It's really a sanity/retention thing at this point.

This is nowhere near set in stone, just wanting to get peoples' thoughts on it.

Makai

If you need an investor, let me know. I make more money than the rest of GAFia combined. :D
Time is the truly scarce resource. I've made many prototypes but it's time to hammer out finished products. Starting with a simple mobile game before I attempt more challenging projects. I expect virtual reality to go mainstream around 2020 and hope I can finish a VR game in time.

Ourobolus

Banned
Time is the truly scarce resource. I've made many prototypes but it's time to hammer out finished products. Starting with a simple mobile game before I attempt more challenging projects. I expect virtual reality to go mainstream around 2020 and hope I can finish a VR game in time.

I have a muuuuuuch more extended timeline for streamlined VR. It's along the lines of how I see home 3D.

3D sucks. For now.

I totally understand that. You can still chime in for quick mid season games if you ever have a few weeks of spare time...

Also, I might be retiring soon. Got back to MMO and has virtually very little time for anything else right now :x
What? No! I didn't even play a game with you yet :(

roytheone

Was awesome to have you, Mak! o7 Your true neutral victory will live forever~

Come back to us anytime :> And good luck on entrepreneurship!

66132715.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
More game comments up and coming this evening for game runners.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

How does everyone feel about Season 5 being the last (for now) of the "non-normal" seasons? We discussed getting back to a bit of normalcy. While I think that Disney Princess and Love Boat are close enough to normal Mafia, should we move back to something more approachable? Some people have figured out that modding takes a bit of effort - just as much (if not more) than playing in the games. It's really a sanity/retention thing at this point.

I wouldn't be opposed to season 6 being a back to basics season, it actually would be the best time to push that kind of initiative. I also think that it should be taken on a season by season basis though, if we go through a simpler season, we might actually find we want a little more insanity.

Sorian

Banned

I just noticed this post because of the Terra quote. Are you saying my game isn't normal? :/ I actually thought it would appeal to the "back to basics" crowd

Swamped

Banned

Aww, i was just wondering what you were up to the other day. Good luck with the entrepreneurship. And maybe you'll join us again for some mini games, that would be fun!

I unfortunately will not be able to participate in Season 5 :( But I'll still be around, maybe play some Target or even 0.5 games. I'll cheer you on from the sidelines! Also, I'll be working on the Wedding Gafia game, so hopefully it should be ready by March.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think we need a back to basics season, but I do think we need to have a "basics" game in every season. I'm a big fan of popular choice, though; I don't want to stifle you guys.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I don't think we need a back to basics season, but I do think we need to have a "basics" game in every season. I'm a big fan of popular choice, though; I don't want to stifle you guys.
I definitely can get behind this. Having at least one normal game a season would def. help.

Ourobolus

Banned
I just noticed this post because of the Terra quote. Are you saying my game isn't normal? :/ I actually thought it would appeal to the "back to basics" crowd
I actually need to get back to looking at your game. I recall having some slight issue with it but I can't remember off hand what it was.

When I say basic, I mean like S1, S2, some of S3, and then other games we've had like Election and Werewolf (gossip arsonist aside).
How was Werewolf more basic than NV? And main S3 games all had some special gimmick so that would be the least "normal" season for me...

Sorian

Banned
When I say basic, I mean like S1, S2, some of S3, and then other games we've had like Election and Werewolf (gossip arsonist aside).

I would say Night Vale was basic too. Can't recall anything that was hugely game breaking.

I actually need to get back to looking at your game. I recall having some slight issue with it but I can't remember off hand what it was.

There were some edits to the game based on Crab feedback, my google docs are changed but I didn't write a new post in my forum, if you want a truncated list of changes, just let me know.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ah, yeah, NV too.

And I don't consider minor gimmicks deviating too far from normalcy. AC and Archer both were still relatively straight-forward games with minor mechanical differences.

Well, I don't know what would change with that "new" policy at all. We always had at least 2/3 normal games in main seasons and I didn't have the impression that was going to change.

Sorian

Banned
Well, I don't know what would change with that "new" policy at all. We always had at least 2/3 normal games in main seasons and I didn't have the impression that was going to change.

My thought too, other than HP and Cthulhu, to a lesser extent, we haven't really run a super crazy game during the main season time.

Sawneeks

Banned

:(

It was fun playing with you Mak, good luck on your entrepreneurship!! Hopefully you can drop in and say hi every once and a while.

Aww, i was just wondering what you were up to the other day. Good luck with the entrepreneurship. And maybe you'll join us again for some mini games, that would be fun!

I unfortunately will not be able to participate in Season 5 :(
But I'll still be around, maybe play some Target or even 0.5 games. I'll cheer you on from the sidelines! Also, I'll be working on the Wedding Gafia game, so hopefully it should be ready by March.

:((

Since we're getting our availability out there, I'm also more than likely going to be unavailable for Season 5 ( maybe also 6?? ) due to some crazy classes this semester and a new work position that limits PC access. I'll stick around and hop into the spec threads every once and a while but that's going to be it for a couple months.

Coppanuva

...I leave this thread for like 2 days and all you people are leaving? What the hell is this...

Best of luck with your projects Makai! Let me know if you need anyone to bounce opinions/playtest stuff. I love techy talk. You should still join us if we play ToS or Steam Game stuff on weekends though :p Much less time commitment.

Yeeny are you retiring from OG too?! Or just playing?

Swamped and Sawneeks you better come back too after your breaks

roytheone

I will also leave.

But I have a replacement ready! An actual owl! Mr hooters will randomly peck at a keyboard to make his posts. He will probably be a better player then me.

Sorian

Banned
I will also leave.

But I have a replacement ready! An actual owl! Mr hooters will randomly peck at a keyboard to make his posts. He will probably be a better player then me.

Mr Hooters made fun of my mom in the last game we played together. I'm still a little hurt, I thought that was uncalled for :/

Swamped

Banned
Swamped and Sawneeks you better come back too after your breaks

Oh, I'll still be around, pointing and laughing at you all :)

I just won't have the time to dedicate to a 2 month long game sadly. I'll join in for some weekend fun though, especially if Retro hosts more jackbox games lol.

RetroMG

Oh, I'll still be around, pointing and laughing at you all :)

I just won't have the time to dedicate to a 2 month long game sadly. I'll join in for some weekend fun though, especially if Retro hosts more jackbox games lol.

If only because you asked.

Thinking about getting on a rotating weekly schedule with Jackbox and "Live" Mafia games. Got to see how my schedule shakes out, though. School is crazy this semester.

Top Bottom