• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

*Splinter

Game nominations: Love Tunnel, Night Vale, Danny Phantom
I want Mario mid season so I can play in it
Pronoun: He
Play style: any
Activity: High
Time zone: GMT
Player Status: New!
Danganronpa D6
Survived Election (WITH GREAT VICTORY)
Gafia N...3?
MGS (ongoing)

Orangeyouglad is still banned, and I'm sure Droplet said she wouldn't be in this season (pretty sure, don't get too mad at me if I'm wrong please), but everyone else from cthulhu has a pm now

Probably won't have anymore spare time for a bit, but if I can later I can help get the pms to the dangarangatan players

Game nominations: Love Tunnel, Night Vale, Danny Phantom
I want Mario mid season so I can play in it
Play style: any
Activity: High
Time zone: GMT
Player Status: New!
Danganronpa D6
Survived Election (WITH GREAT VICTORY)
Gafia N...3?
MGS (ongoing)

Greatest team nearly back together

When does cornbro come back?

Sorian

Banned
Orangeyouglad is still banned, and I'm sure Droplet said she wouldn't be in this season (pretty sure, don't get too mad at me if I'm wrong please), but everyone else from cthulhu has a pm now

Probably won't have anymore spare time for a bit, but if I can later I can help get the pms to the dangarangatan players

Greatest team nearly back together

When does cornbro come back?

I think his ban ended yesterday actually?

Palmer_v1

oh wait... 56 including retro, salva, nin and palmer

so if they cant play cuz they running games, our player tally is only at 52

.... or can they play in the games that they are not running? mmmm

i think we should be aiming for 80. replacements are bound to be required.....

No, game runners shouldn't be playing. Partly due to that split attention issue, and partly because they should be providing feedback on each others games for balance purposes, in addition to needing to be able to backup moderate those games if something crops up.

Right?

Sorian

Banned
Since this thread is our new home for the most part, I'll cross post this over here. I'm running a game called One Night Ultimate Werewolf. This is Gafia's 7th ONUW game and it is a game slightly based on classic mafia. There is no long time commitment and though it's not exactly what you should expect from a regular mafia game, there is plenty of lying, night actions, and voting to be done. Between this website (don't worry about the roles he mentions, just read the general rule set-up) and the rules I lay out at the beginning of the game and that I PM to you, I promise that things will make sense when you play. Currently, the sign-up list and role list look like this:

1. Scrafty
2. Roytheone
3. cabot
4. Splinter
5. RetroMG
6. SalvaPot
7. Zippedpinhead
8. Terrabyte20xx
9. Kawl_USC

Roles this time:

Doppelganger
Alpha Wolf
Mystic Wolf
Minion
Masons
Seer
Robber
Witch
Troublemaker
Drunk
Cursed
Tanner
Tanner's Wife
Prince

And I am hoping to do the discussion phase for 24 hours from Thursday 10/29/15 5pm EST to Friday 10/30/15 5pm EST (9pm to 9pm GMT) which means I would need to get out PMs with roles sometime this afternoon, so this is basically last chance for this week. So, if anyone new wants to hop in, let me know! If someone old wants to hop in, let me know that too! If you are on my list above and can't do Thursday to Friday discussion, let me know that as well!

Thanks everybody!

Razmos

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Alright sign me back up

Game nominations: Welcome to Night Vale
Play style preference: Any
Self-assessed activity level Medium
Timezone / location: UTC, England
Returning Player or New: Returning from season 2 and season 3 (briefly)

Swamped

Banned
I sent PMs to Franconp, Barry and Tim (just letting you all know so we don't spam them lol)

Sent to Vivi as well.

Rest is banned.

I...feel bad about asking Hagi though...

I got an invite from YesNOnoNOYes, hopefully there's still some room.

Game nominations: Standard Werewolf, Night Vale
Pronoun: he
Play style preference: any
Self-assessed activity level: medium
Timezone / location: PST
Returning Player or New : Lived until the end of Archer in Season 3

Palmer_v1

Welcome back!

I'm curious how many Game 1 vets are still going to be around.

Game nominations (which games are you nominating to play in): Lover's Mafia, Danny Phantom, or Super Mario.
Pronoun (he/she/they/preferred not to disclose): He
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Any
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): Medium
Timezone / location: US Central Standard Time
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): Returning, made it to night 1 in Archer Mafia, then had to quit due to sickness.

Personal invite from my abuser?!? I have to accept!

Game nominations (which games are you nominating to play in): Any
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Normal, but could adapt to crazy
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): Low, most likely will aim for medium activity due to last game result
Timezone / location: Montreal (EST)
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): Returning from Archer. We died so quick I don't remember :(

cabot

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Alright sign me back up

Game nominations: Welcome to Night Vale
Play style preference: Any
Self-assessed activity level Medium
Timezone / location: UTC, England
Returning Player or New: Returning from season 2 and season 3 (briefly)

Game nominations (which games are you nominating to play in): Lover's Mafia, Danny Phantom, or Super Mario.
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Any
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): Medium
Timezone / location: US Central Standard Time
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): Returning, made it to night 1 in Archer Mafia, then had to quit due to sickness.

Personal invite from my abuser?!? I have to accept!

Game nominations (which games are you nominating to play in): Any
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Normal, but could adapt to crazy
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): Low, most likely will aim for medium activity due to last game result
Timezone / location: Montreal (EST)
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): Returning from Archer. We died so quick I don't remember :(

QUESTIONBRO! TIGER! RAZZLEDAZZLE! MIKE!

oh I want to burn you so hard mike, I love fried Mike.

Sawneeks

Banned
Rest is banned

Rest of Dangaropa should be done though, unless Launch didn't include the replaced or substitute players in the first post

He didn't. :(

I have a list on my home computer of those who aren't on the first page so when I get home I will check and send them some PMs.

Swamped

Banned
egruntz has perhaps my favorite thread chain of all time.

Wait, it's that egruntz? He was in the first mafia game? LOL, he should come back.

He didn't. :(

I have a list on my home computer of those who aren't on the first page so when I get home I will check and send them some PMs.

I sent some more PMs (to Barry, Franconp, Tim, and Vivi) just to let you know (no responses yet)

Palmer_v1

Wait, it's that egruntz? He was in the first mafia game? LOL, he should come back.

I sent some more PMs (to Barry, Franconp, Tim, and Vivi) just to let you know (no responses yet)

Yeah, egruntz went sorta ape shit at us(me in particular) for fluff posts. This was the pre-sorian/blargonaut days, mind you)

Anyway, cross-post:

So... for anyone that isn't following it because it's on Outer Gafia, there is a whole bunch of stuff going down in the MGS game. This is NX-tier potential shenanigans happening.

Edit:

http://gafia.boards.net/board/9/metal-gear-solid

We might have our first ghost!

My weighting takes into account sub. They are only counted for the length of their play time. I'm awesome like that.

It's all my SO's work lol. I'm terrible with math.

On that note, I also has stats on 2015 performances!!! Like how Palmer is curious about how many from season to season returning and stuff...
(( Palmer get off my brain!! ))
I will be releasing them here in this thread but I was wondering if we are also interested in giving peoples choice awards on top of.

I was thinking maybe people should nominate categories... Like say, vanilla townie of the year, scum of the year, most unnecessary gambit of the year, things like that...

But if you guys are only interested in the statistical analysis, I can publish the results... I just want to format it nicely first :)

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, egruntz went sorta ape shit at us(me in particular) for fluff posts. This was the pre-sorian/blargonaut days, mind you)

Anyway, cross-post:

So... for anyone that isn't following it because it's on Outer Gafia, there is a whole bunch of stuff going down in the MGS game. This is NX-tier potential shenanigans happening.

Edit:

http://gafia.boards.net/board/9/metal-gear-solid

We might have our first ghost!

I hope I end up in a game with Blarg again. Oh shit! Could you imagine me and Blarg as masons/lovers?

roytheone

Look at all those fellow ex-archer players sharing loving memories from that game and I am sitting here at the side going: "guys, guys, I was also part of that game! For two whole days! Remember!"

:(

Palmer_v1

My weighting takes into account sub. They are only counted for the length of their play time. I'm awesome like that.

It's all my SO's work lol. I'm terrible with math.

On that note, I also has stats on 2015 performances!!! Like how Palmer is curious about how many from season to season returning and stuff...
(( Palmer get off my brain!! ))
I will be releasing them here in this thread but I was wondering if we are also interested in giving peoples choice awards on top of.

I was thinking maybe people should nominate categories... Like say, vanilla townie of the year, scum of the year, most unnecessary gambit of the year, things like that...

But if you guys are only interested in the statistical analysis, I can publish the results... I just want to format it nicely first :)

I nominate you and Mike_Hawk for best couple of the year.

Do we only miss like visualante2 in order to get the whole Archer gang back together?
And cooljeanius and... My favourite corgilord. And gorlak and kittykris and theG ( but I think these three will sign up soon )

I sent them all love nudges. It's awesome so many are returning ...i... There's dust in my eyes ;___;

Top Bottom