• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

napalmjam

It's been 10 minutes, the light bar on the console is still flashing yellow/orange, no response to anything. I'm really going to have to plug it out and I'm bloody terrified. Fuck.

This happened to me not long after launch dont think its anything to worry about chill man .

friends list is loading almost instantly now and I have nearly 200 friends, Trophies list and store load nearly instant now as well. Also navigation threw the interface seems allot faster now.

Fitts

New rest mode is awful though. It takes ages (read minutes) for the system to power down completely. Takes 5 minutes before the fans completely stop blowing, that never was the case before.

Color me ignorant, but what the heck is "rest mode?" I don't see any mention of it in the OP.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I cannot get online at all. It keeps telling me it has problems connecting with the server. I ran the test and it tells me to restart my PS4 or turn my router of and on again. But I can access the store ... ?

edit: Now it won't access the store.

Skux

The voice commands are fantastic. Been using them with my Pulse headset. "PlayStation start trophies" and "take screenshot" are some great shortcuts.

Hazaku

Yeah some SanDisk one. I put my music in a PS4/MUSIC folder, since I recall that's how it worked on PS3, but nothing shows up.

Try leaving your music in a Music folder in the root of your drive rather than in the PS4 folder.

To the user having issues with his phone. When I plugged in my phone it gave me a 'File System is not supported' message. So I'm guessing it doesn't support MTP just yet.

EDIT: May have misread your post. The USB Music Player was the first tile on my start screen after I booted up.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Color me ignorant, but what the heck is "rest mode?" I don't see any mention of it in the OP.

just renaming of Standby mode

Guess Playstation Germany was inaccurate. That or I can't find the option to set myself offline...lies!

PlayStation4 Germany @PS4Germany · 19h 19 hours ago
FW2.0: YouTube, SharePlay, Themes, improved Broadcasting, +Voice Commands, pause Downloads, USB Music Player, change online status

Griss

press the power button for more than 10 seconds, this will force the console to shutdown, which is better than remove the plug.

I know how to hard reset, and it wasn't responding.

Anyway, I plugged it out, plugged it back in, now it's checking the hard drives and running diagnostics of some sort....

And...

We're back. It's telling me off for plugging it out while in standby. System's okay. Let's try rest mode again.

Okay, it worked this time. Whew! I think Sony's still got a couple of bugs to work out here, but as long as it works I'm alright.

this share stuff has me the most excited why does my gaming monitor only have one HDMI? :(

will check in later after I finish my Bayonetta run too much hassle to unplug

Stoffinator

I like how you can press triangle and manually check for updates for a game. Sometimes when I install a new game it won't find the update until I'm in the game so I have to quit out.

Glad it came to the PS4. It was a feature they added on the PS3 a while back.

Shaim

Neo Member
Party chat voice sounds clearer, but its got annoying stuttering problem now, least from the twenty min I just spent in it. Happened 6 or 7 times.

The Vita update said you can now have four Remote Play users connected simultaneously. Did we know that was coming?

In other news, holy crap! I have a Vita now!! And the best GF ever!!! <3

On Demand

Banned
Some name changes I've noticed:

Standby Mode is now Rest Mode
Parental Controls is now Censorship
Display Settings is now Aesthetic Settings
Account Settings is now Person Settings
Remote Play is now Beam to Device
Share is now Show Off
System Update is now Improve Stability

None of this makes any sense. They didn't need to be changed. You can tell the firmware team is in Japan. Are they going to change Share on the controller to show off too? lol.

fernoca

Don't forget Vita/PSTV 3.35 update was also released. Allows 4 controllers in remote play and change image quality in remote play from High (default) to Normal.

Those having problems with RP should try changing to normal now and check if there's any improvement.

None of this makes any sense. They didn't need to be changed. You can tell the firmware team is in Japan. Are they going to change Share on the controller to show off too? lol.
It was a joke. :p
"Show off"...? ;)

anddo0

It's been 10 minutes, the light bar on the console is still flashing yellow/orange, no response to anything. I'm really going to have to plug it out and I'm bloody terrified. Fuck.

Good luck, last time I had to unplug the PS4 it knocked me back to the Stone Age.
I'm worried about installing this thing now.

I was a PS3 firmware brick victim (when Sony had to release a firmware update for certain PS3 HDD users, PS3 was unusable for almost two weeks).

Now I'm reading, "Rest Mode" is not working as it should, "Network issues" after the patch...
I think I'll be watching for more issues before installing this thing.

thenexus6

I just got a trophy, so it has the little PS button next to it. I pushed it and obviously took me away from my game and into the trophy app. I wish it when you pressed the PS button it would just expand the pop-up with a line or two of extra information. Same with messages. I don't need to be taken into another app just show me the first sentence in the pop up on screen.

Also, is youtube app available yet?

ViciousDS

Banned
I like how you can press triangle and manually check for updates for a game. Sometimes when I install a new game it won't find the update until I'm in the game so I have to quit out.

thank the heavens, I hated starting a game only to say you need to update it, to use network features.....9GB patch ensues lol.

AmyS

After updating PS4 to FW 2.00, I cannot log into PSN. A connection test failed the PSN login.

It gave me this error code:

4FC3YdK.jpg

WTF ?

Funny thing is it's still called stand by mode when you have your console language set to japanese.
Stand by mode is exclusive to Japan.

barit

just renaming of Standby mode

Guess Playstation Germany was inaccurate. That or I can't find the option to set myself offline...lies!

It's not an offical Sony account so I guess you should take everything what he/she says with a grain of salt

anddo0

After updating PS4 to FW 2.00, I cannot log into PSN. A connection test failed the PSN login.

It gave me this error code:

4FC3YdK.jpg

WTF ?

Welcome to Sony firmware updates.

I don't get the hype behind these things.
New features are nice, but at what cost?

Top Bottom