• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation State of Play Announced for May 30th

Raven117

Gold Member
LOL. That would be pretty bad.

I mean, sign me up for Monster Hunter and Astrobot, but otherwise...thats a wet fart of a list.

King Dazzar

I'm actually pretty excited to see Astro. Playhouse was a kick ass game. Astro getting the full game treatment has been an ask of mine for quite a while.
Would be great to be excited for the new one... I'm hoping by playing the original one, I suddenly see the light. Its just the genre isn't usually my bag. I have no doubt it'll be great exploring the haptics side of things.

Draugoth

Gold Member
That's not even the list, for better or for worse. That's a screenshot of a ResetEra post from a regular user.

And he got stuff wrong from the hints provided by the actual leaker, such as the first hint not being about Dynasty Warriors but about Where Wind Meets, or him saying Concord, Phantom Blade 0 and a generic new VR game being there when there were no hints about those titles at all in the original leak.

This is misinformation at its worst, even if the event ends up sucking ass regardless.

Another leaker confirmed Phantom Blade 0 wont show up at the State of Play

Topher

Gold Member
Would be great to be excited for the new one... I'm hoping by playing the original one, I suddenly see the light. Its just the genre isn't usually my bag. I have no doubt it'll be great exploring the haptics side of things.

I didn't play Playhouse for a while after getting the PS5. But when I did finally play it, I was floored by how good it was. I hope they can recapture that same magic in a full game.

King Dazzar

I didn't play Playhouse for a while after getting the PS5. But when I did finally play it, I was floored by how good it was. I hope they can recapture that same magic in a full game.
Cool. Yeah you're making me look forward to it now. I'm finally playing through Spiderman 2, so will get onto it next.

//DEVIL//

It never ceases to amaze me how so many of y’all get so hyped over a SoP, and then get so disappointed and pissed at Sony like they told you to get hyped. No fool, you did that to your damn self, stop blaming Sony. SoP has never been amazing 🤦‍♂️😂
which makes it more sad. That means they have nothing to show next month. otherwise they could have waited.

Sony been a shell of themselves this gen due to bad management. Well, probably has been good management for investors, bad for the hardcore graphics whores like myself.

Started out great with Demon Souls and Ratchet, been downhill ever since. Cross gen, cross gen, cross gen ...Spiderman 2 might've well been Cross gen

Where da fuq my next gen games this gen Sony?

FunkMiller

Personally, I think the fact that it makes zero sense should tell you he doesn't actually think this. He wants to keep PS players happy on their system while continuing growth. That's all it is.

They're hedging their bets because the future of consoles is very unclear. PS5 is doing gangbusters on most metrics, but people are noticing some broader trends that don't favor consoles in 10 years time. They're trying to position themselves for a future where a disruptive growth in cloud / PC / hardware agnosticism takes off. It may happen, it may not. But if it happens and they sat out the whole time for 10 years they will have lost a whole generation of fans that never got a PS and never cared about their series. Same thing SQEX is seeing now, they're just further along in this process. Almost no 3rd parties are going to limit themselves to just consoles at this point. What he's really doing is hedging his bets while just saying what needs to be said to keep people fine with the status quo.

Possibly. But you can talk yourself into the very scenario you're trying to avoid, if you're not very careful. Sony fears a platform agnostic future, so begins to put more of its product out on PC... thus reducing console sales further, and hastening a platform agnostic future. Which is fine if they don't care all that much about console sales. But they do. The Playstation is a hugely successful piece of hardware.

You don't make the future of your consoles sales clearer by doing the very thing that makes them harder to predict and understand.

CosmicComet

Little Big Planet went dormant because it was a side scroller. It didn't have fully fleshed out 3D worlds like what Astro Bot can do
It had several games of various genres and camera angles. Was popular for a time because it was highly modular, and then went dormant like most IPs naturally do.

Astrobot was free and still isnt as popular as Little Big Planet was at its peak.

Its sequel being a cutesy straight forward platformer (unlike LBP) with a bunch of Playstation references because it cant stand on it's own identity isnt moving any needle.

Nothing about AstroBot could ever be 'epic'.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Possibly. But you can talk yourself into the very scenario you're trying to avoid, if you're not very careful. Sony fears a platform agnostic future, so begins to put more of its product out on PC... thus reducing console sales further, and hastening a platform agnostic future. Which is fine if they don't care all that much about console sales. But they do. The Playstation is a hugely successful piece of hardware.

You don't make the future of your consoles sales clearer by doing the very thing that makes them harder to predict and understand.
Totally. It's a real crossroads, and a gamble. A genuine leadership moment where they are going to steer the company one way or the other.

I'm also worried that the PS5 Pro won't come out. With MS being so weak and Sony being successful on PC and the PS5 selling well, do they even worry now about losing people to other platforms?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
-Final Fantasy VII: Rebar trailer
-Uncharted 5: A Thief's Teenage Daughter
-Silent Hill 2: Ultimate Battle Pass unveiling
-Resident Evil 0, 1, 5, and CVX Reeeee super pack.
-Dead By Daylight new character Richard Simmons
-Paddledick 2: Unzipped for VR
-Quirky Indie game about doing mundane task
- DickPaddle 2: Not an Asset Flip for VR
- Ragnarok on PC or some shit.
- Perfect Dark release date
- some shit that came out in 2004, but it's remastered.
- Hokkai Dangonropa Tensei XVII anime shit
- The Last of Us, Part III Remastered
- Assassin's Creed: Black on Asian crime stats the game

^ my predictions, my uncle is Nintendo. The whole thing.

which makes it more sad. That means they have nothing to show next month. otherwise they could have waited.
The state of the industry these days sadly. Lucky for me, I typically don’t care about AAA releases very often, so I’m happy. I’ve got plenty of games I’m interested excited about coming this year.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

5 minutes of introductions altogether, a couple of trailers, and some "gameplay footage" of two new games. I'll also state that there will be a "just one more thing.." but at the end, showing wolverine gameplay.

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member
Wave Hello GIF by PlayStation

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
5 minutes of introductions altogether, a couple of trailers, and some "gameplay footage" of two new games. I'll also state that there will be a "just one more thing.." but at the end, showing wolverine gameplay.
Insomniac already said they’re not showing anything soon.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That's a Concorde.

A concord is an agreement or harmony between groups. Concord is a PvP FPS game making it one of the most creative games we've had in a long time.

Will it have some kind of a lootbox mechanic? That will make it unique.

Perrott

No context and don't know where this alleged leak comes from, but it might be the developers/publishers showing up at the SoP:
Capcom
Everstone Studio (Where Winds Meet)
Grinding Gear Games (Path of Exile II)
Koei Tecmo
NetEase Games (Marvel Rivals)
Papergames (Infinity Nikki)
Skydance Interactive
Survios (Alien: Rogue Incursion)
TipsWorks
PlayStation Studios
Capcom I'd assume would show off Monster Hunter Wilds, Skydance Interactive (creators of the critically-acclaimed The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners) should be there with Behemoth (VR 1st person dark fantasy action/adventure reminiscent of Shadow of the Colossus in some ways), and PlayStation Studios would bring, at the very least, Astro-Bot, Until Dawn and God of War: Ragnarök for PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom