• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2 U.S. Severe Weather Outbreak |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

Girls are already home from school in Fayette Co (Lexington) -- the let out 2 hours early since the original projection was for storms to start showing up around dismissal. This is of course also when my wife will be driving home. Storms seem to be moving a bit slower so hopefully she beats the system home.

Odd week for KY weather, hometown was hit on Wed (thankfully no-one hurt) and we were under alert here as well, and now we are gearing up for another day/evening of it.

Stay safe flyover-GAF.

Hey, fellow Lexingtonian and beer lover.

Does Pike County have trouble with flash flooding? That would be my main concern in that part the state.

Man, weather was perfect yesterday! What a crock.

Yeah. Pike county gets quite a bit of flash flooding.

Nothing's gonna hit any *real* states though, right?

Seriously though, people in the affected areas - stay safe and buckle down!

damn i am in Europe so i have nothing to do with this but i had to keep reading, it's scaring even me right now :(

i don't know HOW you guys that live there manage to not let this stuff overwhelm you? I mean i'm not sure i could keep living there with that constant threat of an impending tornado :((( kudos

R2D4

Banned
damn i am in Europe so i have nothing to do with this but i had to keep reading, it's scaring even me right now :(

i don't know HOW you guys that live there manage to not let this stuff overwhelm you? I mean i'm not sure i could keep living there with that constant threat of an impeding tornado :((( kudos

You only have to worry about it 9 months out of the year. :|

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So I checked the Weather Channel's site about an hour ago and southern Ohio's TOR:CON was bumped from 4 to 8. FUCK.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Oh man I remember around this time last year a huge storm came through Georgia, and tons of tornados touched down in my surrounding area, two of which came through my county. I was at my mom's house at the time and my brother had just got back from teaching English in Taiwan. We were all pretty scaredbecause projections on the local channels had one of tornados going right along our street. The weather was extremely bad outside and all of sudden something really loud passed through for about 10 seconds. My mom and sister were crying, and I'm not going to lie; I was scared as shit. My bother kept on saying "I can't believe this shit is happening right after I arrive home".

I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone. Be safe GAF, hopefully it doesn't live up to the hype. BTW I'm in west-central Georgia which won't be as bad, but I do have some family in Tennessee....

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm about 25 minutes south of Dayton, OH. So far so good.

I want to be a GAF hero so I'll grab some pics.

ah that's a relief ;)

Yeah, and even then only when the conditions are right. Not all days when it storms are conducive to tornadoes happening. For where I live, our tornado season is March-August, peaking in April and May. Thanks to technology and forecasting advances, we have a heads up of when it might happen.

Henryville, Indiana, is getting hit by a massive tornado right now.

I'm in western Ky (Owensboro) sitting in the tornado shelter at work... Was hoping to get off around 5 and get home to my family... Not gonna happen :(

I'm about 25 minutes south of Dayton, OH. So far so good.

I want to be a GAF hero so I'll grab some pics.

It won't be so good around 4. It looks like the 2 tornadoes that have been reported in Indiana are heading south of Dayton and above Cinci.

Be safe if you do decide to be a GAF hero.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
LEBANON. Was I close?

Liberty Township between Bethany and Monroe. I misspoke it's about 40 minutes south of Dayton I guess.

It won't be so good around 4. It looks like the 2 tornadoes that have been reported in Indiana are heading south of Dayton and above Cinci.

Be safe if you do decide to be a GAF hero.

They will tell stories about me for years to come. I'm putting a sticky note on my camera and taking a picture of a sign to post all pictures found on my camera to www.neogaf.com

TheNatural

My Member!
Bring it weather. Just bought a high powered rifle to fight it off. Dunno why anyone hasn't thought of this before.

nN3dk.jpg

Large tornado just destroyed at least parts of Henryville, Indiana, birthplace of Colonel Sanders (of KFC fame).

Ramirez

Does Pike County have trouble with flash flooding? That would be my main concern in that part the state.

Man, weather was perfect yesterday! What a crock.

I'm not too sure about Pike, I know that Bell County flooded really bad last year, and I think there were already reports of some of the city flooding again with this round of storms...I'm in Harlan County, we usually avoid the really bad weather altogether.

TheMan

I'm in louisville- luckily my wife and kid are in FL right now with my wife's parents. Gonna stay at school until later tonight when things have hopefully calmed down. Most storms don't make me nervous but this one does.

TheNatural

My Member!
Posting on GAF..... Hope you're on a smart phone, or your PC is on a surge protector.

Yeah I have a surge protector. The storm hasn't started here yet, its just the wind. Just not good because when it starts it's probably going to jack the electricity if it's already shaky right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom