• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2 U.S. Severe Weather Outbreak |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaytonGAF, get inside. Now.

You too, CincyGAF. Those storms near Louisville are heading your way. Especially the Kentucky side of the Ohio River. You should not be outside in the next hour or two if you are in the Miami Valley.

It's amazing that we know a lot about tornadoes, but at the same time we know so little...

I love me some big thunderstorms, but I've never experienced anything like some of you are. Part of my morbid curiosity wants to, but my rational side says that's dumb.

Checking in, we've had some crazy hail and wind, I heard there was a tornado confirmed in my neighborhood and I was freaking a little because my girlfriend and son are home and couldn't get a message through because cell coverage is on and off. So far still in the shelter, power is blinking off and on. What a day! Stay safe everyone!

TheMan

Anyone in Louisville right now? If you are near that area, I would strongly suggest going to your basement now.

i'm in louisville, staying at school though. haven't looked outside in a while

edit: currently very dark, light wind, no precipitation

SillyPuty

i'm in louisville, staying at school though. haven't looked outside in a while

It's coming your way. There is no immediate tornado threat, but it's not looking good. The county to your west has a confirmed tornado on the ground. Looks like that specific cell might miss you to the north, but there are others south of it that are looking just as dangerous. Better be safe than sorry, guys.

The cell northwest of Dayton is starting to scare me. The cell down south that have produced tornadoes is heading right over Cincinnati.

I am bailing out off the PC. Stay safe everyone.

legacyzero

Banned
Storm Chasers was cancelled. :(
3cd8a33a.png

thefro

http://www.wdrb.com/story/17067174/reports-of-injuries-in-washington-county-ind

LOUISVILLE, KY. (WDRB) -- "It's looking bad for Clark County." That was the word from a Clark County Sheriff's Office dispatcher confirming that several students are trapped in Henryville High School.

First responders have arrived at the high school and are setting up first aid along with Indiana State Police. There's no word on injuries. Officers had difficulty getting there, because half the roads are blocked with trees.

Elsewhere, the Washington County Sheriff's Department says it has several reports of injuries, as a dispatcher put it, "everywhere." They have emergency responders all across the county.

Sgt. Jerry Goodin, a spokesman for the Indiana State Police, was on the road Friday afternoon driving to investigate damage. He says they have unconfirmed reports of damage in Harrison, Boyd, Washington, and Clark counties. He says there is a lot of damage to roadways, but not a lot of damage to houses. He has not heard of any injuries at this point.

Indiana State Police in Sellersburg, Ind. have received reports of damage in Pekin, Fredericksburg, and Henryville.

Our Chris Turner was forced to take shelter in a resident's home in Washington County, where power lines were down and Sheriff deputies say there have been several reports of injuries. Dead livestock in field were visible from the road as well as roofs and asphalt that looked as if it were stripped from the roadway.

Hail the size of golf balls was also spotted during the second wave of storms that moved through around 3 p.m. eastern time.

SillyPuty

Anyone in Dayton needs to get in a safe place right now. Technically, the warning only is for NW parts of Dayton. That said, supercell thunderstorms CAN take a right turn when a tornado is present. If it happens to do that (and I'm not sure if it will) it would hit Dayton. So please, if you are in the Dayton area, just go to a safe place.

Reports of debris falling out of the sky at Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky International Airport in Hebron, Kentucky.

Apparently 75/71 is packed with people trying to beat the storms home. :(

Tornado warnings now in northern Alabama east of Florence; Tennessee west of Nashville; western South Carolina; northern Kentucky south of Cincinnati; Louisville Metro; the Miami Valley/Dayton area in Ohio;

That's not all of them. I can't keep track of them all.

Salmonax

As someone from California, the threat of tornadoes scares me far more than any earthquake.

And the fact that serious tornadoes, hurricanes, and blizzards happen several times in the midwest and east coast every year makes me scratch my head every time someone says they'd never move to California due to earthquakes.

Kard8p3

417546_1918884667695_1709391783_899759_1004015783_n.jpg

This touched down in Dixon, KY which is about ten miles from where I live. Luckily there wasn't really much damage.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Live in North AL. Last year, in April, we had a mess of tornadoes come through and wipe out the power for 5-8 days. People are buying gas, supplies, etc like CRAZY right now

Leatherface

I lived through a tornado that destroyed my neighborhood this past July. Let me tell you guys, it was the scariest fucking experience I've ever had.

pics I took afterward (and this was nothing compared to down the street):

248686_10150799678630001_730980000_19072892_1334391_n.jpg

248701_10150799676875001_730980000_19072872_4181402_n.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Thanks for starting this thread, Nihon. Good to know I can always count on my fellow Ohio Weatherbro to keep people informed.

Logan County, OH here. Seems like the worst stuff is gonna miss me, but I'm still nervous. =/

Sparta, Kentucky, shelter NOW.

Thanks for starting this thread, Nihon. Good to know I can always count on my fellow Ohio Weatherbro to keep people informed.

Logan County, OH here. Seems like the worst stuff is gonna miss me, but I'm still nervous. =/

Yeah, the rain we got this morning seems to have saved our asses for now. It's been pouring for an hour or so.

I figured if we even help get one person, GAFfer or not, safe from the storm and informed, then we did a good service.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And there go the sirens, again.

Living in Alabama, sirens mean more 'oh, I should probably keep an eye out' rather than taking shelter. Shit, I slept right through the first round of sirens this morning.

Credo

Live in North AL. Last year, in April, we had a mess of tornadoes come through and wipe out the power for 5-8 days. People are buying gas, supplies, etc like CRAZY right now

There are probably 10 loaves of bread and 10 cartons of milk on shelves in the whole of North AL right now based on fear of another April 27, 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom