• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2 U.S. Severe Weather Outbreak |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlbeak

cJkKh.png

Fuuu...

DustinC

I live in Batavia, OH and it got pretty nasty here, but the bad stuff was just south of us. Definitely the worst storm I've seen through here in a while. I can't remember anything in our area last year that looked as bad as this.

Good luck out there, fellers. For those of you who have a basement, I'm pretty jealous—red clay makes it way too expensive to build basements here in North Texas, and I'm sure the same will apply to the SE.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I live in Batavia, OH and it got pretty nasty here, but the bad stuff was just south of us. Definitely the worst storm I've seen through here in a while. I can't remember anything in our area last year that looked as bad as this.

Supposedly Moscow, which is in on the river in Clermont County where you are, got wiped out from the sound of things. Scary shit. Rich Jaffe on Local 12 is on the verge of tears describing the destruction.

I'm a bit east of you, and things got really bad here. One tornado was barely north of here, one barely south, and a lot of extremely high wind. We barely dodged the bullet. Absolutely the most terrifying weather experience I've had in years.

owlbeak

For West Virginia-GAF, buckle down if you're in Huntington, or west of Charleston, you're about to get pounded. If you're in Charleston, get ready to buckle down within a half hour or so. We are in a tornado watch, so be safe and be ready. There is a cell headed right for Charleston that has had produced a few tornadoes already.

For West Virginia-GAF, buckle down if you're in Huntington, or west of Charleston, you're about to get pounded. If you're in Charleston, get ready to buckle down within a half hour or so. We are in a tornado watch, so be safe and be ready. There is a cell headed right for Charleston that has had produced a few tornadoes already.

As long as Fat Patty's survives, we can rebuild.

Credo

I've never heard hail like this in my life. A bad system was coming straight at me, but luckily it toned down and never produced anything. It's just a 9/10 on the thunderstorm scale as it is.

:( Sounds like several towns have been hit VERY hard. Sounds like were going to see mass casualties.

Short list of towns I can pick up that suffered damage today:

Henryville, Indiana
Marysville, Indiana
Holton, Indiana
Borden, Indiana
Piken, Indiana
Chelsea, Indiana
Moscow, Ohio
Crittenden, Kentucky
West Liberty, Kentucky
Owensboro, Kentucky
Piner, Kentucky
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Ooltewah, Tennessee
Dickson, Tennessee
Harvest, Alabama
Meridianville, Alabama

owlbeak

Majority of storms went through where I live without too many issues. Power went out for about 45 minutes. Lots of wind, lots of hail, lots of rain. No tornadoes that I know of, luckily.

Thoughts go out to Indiana, Kentucky, and other places who got jacked by these storms. :( It's been a crazy "winter".

SillyPuty

never heard this before, but tornado emergency for fentress co. tn.

Tornado emergency is only issued when there is a confirmed (by trained storm spotters or law enforcement) large and violent tornado on the ground and is heading for a populated area. It's an extremely dangerous situation when a tornado emergency is issued.

AlexMogil

Mercifully uneventful in Parkersburg, WV. This town seems like the kind of place that would be the lead national story due to weather someday.

Red

Didn't realize the weather was so bad in Southern Ohio. I'll have to check on some friends. Up by Cleveland it's great. 60° and only a ten minute thunderstorm earlier this evening.

Infinity

You guys stay safe. Prayers and heart-felt thoughts out to those affected. Any of us that live in this dangerous alley can attest to how terrifying these storms are. I live in an area that was in the "Moderate" risk, which meant I had nearly a 50/50 shot of having a tornadic storm form 25 miles in any direction.

I really hate those odds.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
After our third tornado warning shit finally got real. Hail, strong winds, and tons of lightning. (Knoxville, Tennessee)

Credo

Damn, have family in AL. Hope they keep safe, along with any of you GAFers in harms way.

From what I just heard, there is only one system left with a strong chance of producing a tornado. It's moving ENE through Demopolis (west-central AL on the state line) right now.

The several other storm systems that are present will produce heavy straight-line winds and hail but aren't very likely to produce a tornado.

Pollux

It got hit pretty bad. Have you been able to contact them, zmoney?

Took a while, but got in touch with them about 20 minutes ago. They're OK, but they said a bunch of stuff all around the area got really messed up.

How are all the GAFers down there doing?

Brinbe

From what I just heard, there is only one system left with a strong chance of producing a tornado. It's moving ENE through Demopolis (west-central AL on the state line) right now.

The several other storm systems that are present will produce heavy straight-line winds and hail but aren't very likely to produce a tornado.
Good to know, thanks for the update! =)

notsol337

marked forever
I was going to post pictures from Kettering Ohio, but all that happened was that we got hard rain. Only 2-3 peals of thunder, too. Terrible for everyone else, though. We got lucky.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm watching the news now and nearly every town the tornados hit there are some casualties. Likely 30+, casualties in all. I hope all of my GAF bros made it through safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom