• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2 U.S. Severe Weather Outbreak |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson, Tenneessee, need to get to shelter.

Same for Kenton, Piner and Morning View, Kentucky.

Point Pleasant, Ohio, you need to be ready to get somewhere safe.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
There are probably 10 loaves of bread and 10 cartons of milk on shelves in the whole of North AL right now based on fear of another April 27, 2011.

What a terrible thing to have happen on my birthday...

Stay safe all, looks like it's not coming to Iowa, but I have been in your exact situation many times.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There are probably 10 loaves of bread and 10 cartons of milk on shelves in the whole of North AL right now based on fear of another April 27, 2011.

The worst part was my neighbors ran their generator in the middle of the night. So it sounded like someone was mowing their lawn at 12 am

And the fact that serious tornadoes, hurricanes, and blizzards happen several times in the midwest and east coast every year makes me scratch my head every time someone says they'd never move to California due to earthquakes.

Exactly ... it's seems like a yearly occurance that a small town gets obliterated by a tornado.

DoomGyver

I drove through that behemoth in central Indiana just west of Indy. Missed 2.5" hail by about ten minutes. The pea sized hail i drove through was like driving on marbles.

strafer

This is something I don't wanna encounter.

hurricane3dem1.gif

hurricane2fbde.gif

hurricaneu9fa.gif

Central Alabama, here.

Looks like a nice and sunny day so far. Wind is pretty high, though. My weather app is saying 18 mph.

Hopefully it passes us by. We already got our ass kicked by the April outbreak. Good luck to the rest of you guys. Stay safe.

5amshift

Banned
In Boston we got hit yesterday. It was coming down hard but barely sticking to the ground. Roads were fine pretty much.

thefro

http://www.wthr.com/story/17067037/tornado-damage-reported-in-henryville#.T1E-hX_yEh4.twitter

CLARK COUNTY -
Several tornadoes on the ground were reported in the storm outbreak in southern Indiana Friday.

Authorities say tornadoes have left widespread damage in southern Indiana and a sheriff's official says at least one town is "completely gone."

National Weather Service coordinator Bill Whitlock says the agency is tracking "extreme damage" in the Henryville area, about 20 miles north of Louisville, Ky. WAVE-TV in Louisville reported Friday that tornado was up to a half-mile wide.

Clark County Sheriff's Department Maj. Chuck Adams says the nearby town of Marysville is "completely gone."

Authorities have not confirmed any injuries or fatalities, however WAVE-TV is also reporting that the Jefferson County coroner is investigating two possible deaths in the town of Chelsea. A four-year-old child was reported missing. See WAVE's story.

Damage was also reported in Washington County.

Damage in Henryville is reported to be extensive. A second tornado was also reported to be heading towards that area at 3:32 pm.

The tornado is headed east-northeast and as of 3:30 pm, WAVE-TV reported that it was not decreasing in strength.

This is a developing story that will be updated.

SillyPuty

* AT 327 PM CST...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED A TORNADO NEAR

DICKSON. DOPPLER RADAR SHOWED THIS TORNADO MOVING EAST AT 65 MPH

This is west of Nashville. If you are in Nashville, you NEED to get to shelter!!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If it's anything like last year, I'm tempted to go buy a handheld before it hits. The naders turned the power cables into twist tops.

SillyPuty

AT 346 PM CST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS

STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR KINGSTON SPRINGS...OR 14 MILES SOUTH OF

ASHLAND CITY...MOVING EAST AT 65 MPH.

AT 345 PM CST...DAMAGE TO HOMES AND BUSINESSES ALONG WITH GOLF BALL

SIZE HAIL WAS REPORTED IN DICKSON WITH THIS STORM.

Once again, this is west of Nashville. This is just terrible.

JGS

Banned
Louisville, you should be OK in about 20-30 minutes.

Lexington-Frankfort is next in line in Kentucky.

It was bad for about 5 minutes but another one is coming. Wave after hitting my neighborhood so I'm chilling at in laws.

It was so nice just 30 minutes earlier I went shopping in Hamburg. It got ugly real quick with rain and hail.

Kwixotik

I'm in western Ky (Owensboro) sitting in the tornado shelter at work... Was hoping to get off around 5 and get home to my family... Not gonna happen :(

Hey, fellow Owensboro-ian. (Do we even have a word for that?)

Hope everything is going okay... my whole family is there. I'm out of the country atm. Any updates?

Vicious

Worst part is living south of Birmingham(Calera/Alabaster) if there is bad weather its always coming this way.

I'm in the Bessemer/Helena area, just south of 459. It seems the worst stuff always passes just to the north and just to the south of us. At least that's been the case for the last 2 years.

I'm in the Bessemer/Helena area, just south of 459. It seems the worst stuff always passes just to the north and just to the south of us. At least that's been the case for the last 2 years.

yeah, I always get worried though because they are usually close. Felt alot safer living in Homewood.

Pictures coming in from Henryville, Indiana. Buses flipped on their sides and roofs at the nigh school. Cars tossed about and smashed to pieces. The roof of the high school has been ripped off in places and some of the rooms on the top floors are missing.

Marysville, Indiana has been hit hard, too.

owlbeak

Ugh, it just got SO humid and warm outside (Charleston, WV). Hope it misses me! Right now we're lined up to get hit.

TheNatural

My Member!
Luckily the cell split right over metro. 20 miles north or south in parts it could have been bad. Good luck to the east, hopefully as it gets darker the temperature falls and it fizzles out.

Zoibie

Pictures coming in from Henryville, Indiana. Buses flipped on their sides and roofs at the nigh school. Cars tossed about and smashed to pieces. The roof of the high school has been ripped off in places and some of the rooms on the top floors are missing.

Marysville, Indiana has been hit hard, too.

I just saw on the BBC News Twitter feed that a sheriff said Marysville is "completely gone"! Stay safe, Gaf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom