• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Vecks

The chances of him getting the same character 4 times in a row is pretty insane. I am wondering though if he opened/bought them all at the same time or not. Sometimes I feel that the RNG can be kind odd within a small time frame.

Just today, for example, grinding in lower asgard, I got a cosmic mask, then... within a few minutes, got another cosmic mask. Different stats, of course, but it's always weird when something drops twice in a row within a few minutes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
took a break from SG to level Cyclops up to 50 (he was 43) for his 10% bonus xp synergy... then continued with Cyke, might aswell level him to 60 for more bonus XP, then Ill start on a new char I think, Ill leave SG for now probably, got too many new guys to play

Xevren

You're right, but the chances are even lower than that. Something like 0.000001%. That's like somewhere between the drop chance of a unique and a costume so grats Xevren :p

Neat, I swear I'm the king of the bad luck lottery. On the flipside, I tend to get uniques often so yay!

I decided to buy the two remaining cheap characters I hadn't unlocked for the weekend deal. I got Loki with my Black Widow purchase and Ms. Marvel with my Thing given I had none of them unlocked I'm pretty happy with the results.

Xevren

well they didnt sort out my friend, they flat out told him they cant give him random boxes for heroes bought before the promotion. sucks for him, im actually more bummed out than he is.

He just bought storm and got gambit from the random box at least

edit: and he bought hawkeye and he got wolverine. and now he bought black widow and got cable.

edit2: and he bought thing and got a hawkeye dupe. and lastly he bought scarlet withc (he was cleaning up the 450s) and got deadpool. fuck yes at least he was lucky with the randoms, im so happy.

edit3: he got got colossus also from buying black panther. and a couple more dupes (hulk from buying hulk lol). but hes happy, and im happy for him.

my turn soon

ok I bought:

Jean and got Ironman
Hulk and got Black Panther
Thing and got Punisher (dupe)
Colossus and got Ms.Marvel

I wanted Ms.Marvel bad so im happy. only 1 dupe from 6 random boxes (these 4 and the previous 2 from splinters), I am deffinately gambling with the RNG gods now that I have 15 heroes

May want to refer your friend to talk to customer service again. They are now going to extend the offer to those who bought whatever in the last 7 days. Linky

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
May want to refer your friend to talk to customer service again. They are now going to extend the offer to those who bought whatever in the last 7 days. Linky

thank you so much Xev, ill tell him right now. Funny thing is he wasnt even upset lol, like I said he bought a bunch of heroes.

KePoW

Banned
I just got Gambit from a random box. I'm not finding him that fun so far.

IMO Gambit takes some getting used to, he's not totally a straightforward stand in one spot class.

The first 20 levels, I didn't find him much fun either. But I switched some things up and played a different style, and now he's one of my favorites.

Gambit relies on positioning a lot, which is a little more skill-based than most of the other heroes.

Ploid 3.0

The two dupes I rolled with random character bought with splinters were the character I was on. Seems kinda fishy. Now I just open them while on Rocket since I actually want to buff his special.

IMO Gambit takes some getting used to, he's not totally a straightforward stand in one spot class.

The first 20 levels, I didn't find him much fun either. But I switched some things up and played a different style, and now he's one of my favorites.

Gambit relies on positioning a lot, which is a little more skill-based than most of the other heroes.

Out of curiosity, what spec are you rolling with? His recent changes have made him extremely dumbed-down and boring for me. Maybe I'm missing something.

Rhaknar

The two dupes I rolled with random character bought with splinters were the character I was on. Seems kinda fishy. Now I just open them while on Rocket since I actually want to buff his special.

my 2 dupes were punisher and hawkeye and i was on SG...

sidenote: in hind sight, I really should have bought gambit and/or wolverine, since im getting their costumes from the deluxe advance pack >_> theres always splinters I guess

Ploid 3.0

My Emma Frost Purchase actually falls under the within 7 days before Luck of the Draw. If they give me a random that would be super sweet. I don't mind if they don't though.

Rhaknar

My Emma Frost Purchase actually falls under the within 7 days before Luck of the Draw. If they give me a random that would be super sweet. I don't mind if they don't though.

they gave my friend his 2 boxes within minutes of him resubmiting the ticket

hitmon

Gambit is growing on me and you are right about positioning being very important for his style. Did you make your version a hybrid?

Decided to buy a character and got Daredevil as the free one. Feels bad considering I already have him and only own 4 other characters.

vazel

Banned
Good promotion! Thankfully I had some credits saved up thanks to a kind Gaffer that gave them to me for free(thanks maneil99!).

I bought:
Jean Grey
Captain America
Spider-Man
Scarlet Spider costume

Bonuses:
Hawkeye
Punisher
Luke Cage
Deadpool X-Men costume

Aside from the Deadpool costume I'm happy with the bonuses; no dupe heroes. :D

Rhaknar

got 60 on Cyke and messed around with a couple of level 1s. the xp bonus is starting to make a huge difference.

So Hulk is exactly what I expected, the jumps are ridiculously satisfying, I just want to jump all day long, I dont even care if its not viable.

Colossus seems to be a more interesting character overall tho. Love (love love love) fastball special, I cant believe they bothered to have nightcrawler actually drop wolverine on your arms before you launch wolverine. I love the feeling of Colossus's weight (and Hulk's too tbh), they really nailed these heavy powerful characters.

Tomorow Ill try Jean and Ms.Marvel for a bit, need to decide what to level next :)

KePoW

Banned
Out of curiosity, what spec are you rolling with? His recent changes have made him extremely dumbed-down and boring for me. Maybe I'm missing something.

Gambit is growing on me and you are right about positioning being very important for his style. Did you make your version a hybrid?

Frost, I never played Gambit during TC or Launch, so I don't know what he was like back then.

Currently I max out -- Bo Beatdown / Royal Flush / Kinetic Control / 52 Card Pickup / Ragin Cajun / Sleight of Hand

Main DPS power is Royal Flush, and I use 52 Card and Ragin Cajun on cooldown. Melee Basic (I tried all the ranged Basics and didn't like them)

Ragin Cajun + Royal Flush = ridiculous damage *if you're at the right distance*

That's the main thing you gotta get a feel for, is the distance where Royal Flush explodes for massive damage.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Bought some Gs. Bought Hawkeye, last cheap hero I didn't own, figured maybe I'll strike lucky, but I got a Daredevil token. Oh well. Bought Thor's Marvel Now costume, which is the only costume I really want for a hero I actually play atm, and got... Thing's Fear Itself! Totally sweet. Thing sucks right now but that costume is rad so that's cool, his rework is coming soonish.

Ploid 3.0

I just farmed about 65 splinters with the splinter drop (wait 8 minutes) method. Bought another random character and it was Cable. Yesterday I was having a hard time deciding which to spend Gs on between Punisher and Cable.

What splinter drop method?

Go AFK for 8 mins and then kill any random grunt for a guaranteed Splinter drop, probably.
I love Cable but I wish he had a basic melee power, like Ironman now has.
Does Cable use that halberd/staff thing (that he had in MvC2) in the comic much anymore, anyone?

29.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Go AFK for 8 mins and then kill any random grunt for a guaranteed Splinter drop, probably.
Does Cable use that halberd/staff thing (that he had in MvC2) in the comic much anymore, anyone?

[img/screenshots1/29.jpg[/img]

Yeah, wait 7 minutes in the Midtown Metropolis safe area then head out to kill stuff until you get the drop, and go back. I alt tab to read, watch gaf, or actually afk. I don't make it to exactly 8 minutes but I just keep track of when 8 are up so I know when to expect it.

And I don't think he has the spear. He can equipt a spear as a legendary though, but it's not visible.

ee03N8c.png

Between these characters, which would you recommend? Hulk, Cyclops, or Raccoon?

Cyclops first. The 13% exp you get from getting him to level 50 (10% from synergy and 3% from the level 50 hero bonus) will be useful for everything you level from there on out.

Currently I max out --

Ok, we're on the same page in terms of spec then. I just miss the quick attack chaining playstyle he had, and I'm a bit confused as to why they would even remove it. Did nothing to hurt the character but was nice for those who liked it.

29.jpg

Doomsaw has confirmed that he'll be getting a Psimitar move with his level 52 review along with Hyper Viper Beam.

rukland

Bought Storm and Scarlet Witch got Torch and Loki. So no dupes for me. Going to get Cyclops tomorrow fingers crossed the random is not a duplicate.

Trying to really figure out who to play got DP to 60 and SG to 20 now. I like them both but I kinda want to try Loki he always looks cool when I see others run by.

This game is just too much fun for me right now. All my counsels sit unused due to this game.

Doomsaw has confirmed that he'll be getting a Psimitar move with his level 52 review along with Hyper Viper Beam.

I really hope his Psimitar move is a basic melee. Punisher has that stab power (that consumes Spirit), but its very awkward to use, IMO. I hope Cables doesnt turn out like that.
OMG @ a Hyper Viper Beam. That would be crazy :)

hitmon

Cyclops. The xp bonus alone makes him worth buying. Also he's in a pretty good place right now.

Cyclops first. The 13% exp you get from getting him to level 50 (10% from synergy and 3% from the level 50 hero bonus) will be useful for everything you level from there on out.

Thanks for the advice, got Iron Man as the free hero. I'm so glad it wasn't another Daredevil. Can't wait to get the ricochet blast for Cyke.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What's the respawn time for bosses? I've been going back to kill Doc Ock to try and get a better medal but I haven't been able to figure out how often I can kill him.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, they've datamined Moon Knight's powers already. Wonder if he'll get an earlier than expected release.

There won't be a full month between every hero from here on out, they have 13 heroes to release this year. I'd guesstimate Moon Knight about 3 weeks after NC.

SmokinDan

I got two 2600G codes before they limited them to 1 per account.

Does anyone know if that is one per account after that change or retroactively as well?

Rhaknar

I was wondering where the extra 3% was coming from, where do you see that lvl 50 bonus? it just says 10% in the synergy screen

Rhaknar

It's from the hero synergy bonus. It doesn't show the specific bonuses you're getting from characters.

jg2d.png

ah i see. man slight sidenote, but its little things things like this why I love gaf, you can literally get an awnser for everything lol :D

edit: hmm it says max of 200% bonus. is that just from characters or overall? because I can get that now easily just from my 73% from characters and a boost for example

edit2: everytime squirrel girl says "hey Logan, remember that time we... oh right, we dont talk about that" surely she cant be talking about fucking Wolverine? because that would be...amazing lol

Gothos

Holy moly, isn't Punisher an absolute blast to play! I just need his War Journal costume now. Hopefuly it'll appaer on Easter sale :p

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I got two 2600G codes before they limited them to 1 per account.

Does anyone know if that is one per account after that change or retroactively as well?

Pretty sure it's just 1 per account.

Rhaknar: 200% xp is just the max from hero synergies. You can stack potions on top of that. You could probably reach like 400% bonus exp, theoretically.

Rhaknar

Pretty sure it's just 1 per account.

Rhaknar: 200% xp is just the max from hero synergies. You can stack potions on top of that. You could probably reach like 400% bonus exp, theoretically.

awesome. Also, Hulk is ridiculous. Well at least his wreckage tree is, I dont even like melee (or the character really) but this is just too satisfying.

Top Bottom