• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Yoday

They are granting the FC's for Advance Pack buyers. I got the costumes for Storm and Spidey out of mine. I have neither hero, but plan to soon anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They are granting the FC's for Advance Pack buyers. I got the costumes for Storm and Spidey out of mine. I have neither hero, but plan to soon anyway.

Ooh need to check when I get home, how many did they hand out for now?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
However many you were entitled to for Mk IV.

Oh they give them all? I thought I read that cards and retcons would be handed out gradually as heroes released. That's exciting, opening 72 cards should be fun

Wallach

Oh they give them all? I thought I read that cards and retcons would be handed out gradually as heroes released. That's exciting, opening 72 cards should be fun

You'll get 24, I think. Only Mark 4 was released, you'll get the Mark 5 and Mark 6 later when those come out.

Rhaknar

You'll get 24, I think. Only Mark 4 was released, you'll get the Mark 5 and Mark 6 later when those come out.

Ah I see. You know everything Wallach o_O

My friend put in his ticket with support about buying IM and Loki yesterday and getting random boxes from them hopefully because of the weekend deal, really hoping they help him out

I'm excited for the deal myself, I asked yesterday but got lost in the shuffle, do these deals usually start on Friday or Saturday?

SirKhalid

Played Gambit some after taking a week or so break from him and it looks like they got around to fixing his animation cancelling, which really sucks. His cancel rotation was really the only thing he had going for him in terms of fun for me, and I'm not seeing anything good left. How do you even play a ranged Gambit now? Just hold down the Royal Flush/Ace of Spades key all day? He could definitely use some tweaks to his kit now, since there is no longer any interplay between his ranged powers. I suppose I could spec hybrid, but... meh.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Two collectors bounties. Statistically two rares but I'd still rather have the pet or the storm costume.

I now have three collectors bounties. When is the most opportune time to pop them? A long run on a few different 60s?

Opened those Mk4 cards, only got rarity/XP boosts, 1 retcon device and 1 matrix of unbinding. Huzzah, more useless junk to clutter up my already limited stash space.

Im going to have to start ignoring retcons, when I find them. I currently have 47 of them in storage. Probably already more than I'll EVER use.
Similar story with Unstable Molecules. I have 30 in storage now and just ignore the new ones that drop.

KePoW

Banned
Im going to have to start ignoring retcons, when I find them. I currently have 47 of them in storage. Probably already more than I'll EVER use.
Similar story with Unstable Molecules. I have 30 in storage now and just ignore the new ones that drop.

You can definitely ignore retcon potions, but I wouldn't ignore molecules.

Yoday

Ignore retcon potions? Do they drop like hotcakes at higher levels or something? I am at level 40 with my highest level character, and I have only had maybe two drop during my entire play time. The only time I get them is from story missions. I think in total I have five of them, and I have only used one or two.

Rhaknar

Ignore retcon potions? Do they drop like hotcakes at higher levels or something? I am at level 40 with my highest level character, and I have only had maybe two drop during my entire play time. The only time I get them is from story missions. I think in total I have five of them, and I have only used one or two.

ive gotten a few in the high 40s/50s in Midtown, but I also use alot to test out specs so I never have that many (currently 6 before opening the cards)

edit: speaking of retcons and cards, none from the 24 cards lol. just a bunch of boosts, a couple of molecules, 1 matrix and 1 symbiote spider ham. Oh well. Is the spider ham just for 1 character?

KePoW

Banned

You get 3 guaranteed retcon potions per hero (from doing specific Story quest). Then you get a decent number from Fortune Card 1's and drops.

I literally have over 70 right now, and I've probably used 20 total.

Granted I have every hero except Loki, so that means I've gotten a ton from the 3 Story quests per hero.

shock33

Bit annoyed with the results from my fortune cards, got 2 storm costumes which is fair enough (though I only really want the spider ham symbiote) but all the boosts which dont stack with anything I already have in my stash is pretty bloody annoying, might just try and burn through them over the weekend.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Got lucky with my advance pack fortune cards. Got the Storm costume, Spider Ham and 2 Collector's potions (200% rif for 12 hours). Bunch of other crap, those new 25% party boosts are really awful, but at least I got SOME good stuff. Then I crafted a random costume with the defaults of Punisher, Ms Marvel and Storm and got Gambit Classic. Good haul.

GManDH

GOT NOTHING WITH MY CARDS!!! but i guess ill be leveling up quick now. that MIGHT be a bonus. between old ones and new ones i might have close to 24hours of exp bonuses.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Might get a couple of costumes in that, especially cheap ones since you get a random free one.

Rhaknar

5500Gs added, half of it with cards money (lol), now we wait

I rolled another random costume tonight and got this one, for Panther...

jRsEzHoI7iCte.jpg

Im pretty happy with it TBH. I think its a cool outfit.
The downside is Panther was AWFUL last time I had a play with him.
He had a low damage output, couldnt take a punch, no effective AoE and killing stuff with him felt like a chore. Im going to try and invest in his throwing knives this time. Maybe that will be more fun and effective that his melee stuff.
This is the fifth random costume Ive rolled and I havent had any duplicates yet. Im pretty happy with that :)

Wallach

That is a pretty sweet costume. Black Panther is okay-ish right now, but his 52 review is coming up next month after they get done with Hawkeye and Captain America.

Rhaknar

come on servers, i wanna buy heroes and get horribly disapointed by the random boxes!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
My advice is to just buy the cheapest heroes you don't own. Statistically that will yield you the most value. There are more 900 and 1200 (whatever it is now) heroes than 450.

But to me, the real deal here is costumes. A free random costume with every costume you get is no joke. I've spent a lot of money on this game in the last month (like 140 euros or something), but I may have to get 1 or 2 costumes...

borghe

biggest problem with costumes are there are so many costumes that I DO NOT WANT. And I'm like 4 levels away from costume creation, which after I get there there's still the option of getting costumes I DO NOT WANT. Uggh.

Conversely there's no characters I don't want aside from dupes. And my odds on that are... umm.. around 66%. Currently 68% but I have to lower those odds just to buy the one character.

Wallach

Cool new teaser image:

V755YLe.jpg

That's probably the new level 60 Bovine sector they've been working on. New artifacts equipped, runes, and the new Hulk medallion from the Danger Room scenario.

Rhaknar

well they didnt sort out my friend, they flat out told him they cant give him random boxes for heroes bought before the promotion. sucks for him, im actually more bummed out than he is.

He just bought storm and got gambit from the random box at least

edit: and he bought hawkeye and he got wolverine. and now he bought black widow and got cable.

edit2: and he bought thing and got a hawkeye dupe. and lastly he bought scarlet withc (he was cleaning up the 450s) and got deadpool. fuck yes at least he was lucky with the randoms, im so happy.

edit3: he got got colossus also from buying black panther. and a couple more dupes (hulk from buying hulk lol). but hes happy, and im happy for him.

my turn soon

ok I bought:

Jean and got Ironman
Hulk and got Black Panther
Thing and got Punisher (dupe)
Colossus and got Ms.Marvel

I wanted Ms.Marvel bad so im happy. only 1 dupe from 6 random boxes (these 4 and the previous 2 from splinters), I am deffinately gambling with the RNG gods now that I have 15 heroes

Ploid 3.0

-Bought
Hawkeye
Punisher

-Got
Wolverine (dupe)
Colossus

I'm nearing 175 splinters. Hope I get something nice.

Wow didn't realize I had 13 heroes.
1. Black Widow
2. Colossus
3. Dare Devil
4. Emma Frost
5. Hawkeye
6. Iron Man
7. Luke Cage
8. Ms. Marvel
9. Punisher
10. Rocket Raccoon
11. Scarlet Witch
12. Storm
13. Wolverine

inky

Bought Ms Marvel Captain Marvel Costume and got the Daredevil Earth X costume. That's 3 costumes I have now for heroes I don't own.

borghe

well they didnt sort out my friend, they flat out told him they cant give him random boxes for heroes bought before the promotion. sucks for him, im actually more bummed out than he is.

yeah I was reading when they were trying to implement the sale, and they had to adjust every character and costume on the store to do this. guessing they essentially turned every character into a bundle. wonder if there is a difference between the random box in this psuedo-bundle and what you get with splinters? that stinks though. being it's like the ONLY time I've heard them not matching a sale, there might be more to it.

SirKhalid

Wow! I bought Black Widow Thunderbolts Costume and I got the Thing: Fear Itself Costume.

I saw some peoples on the official that are getting the Holiday Hulk Costume...

Drayco21

Bought Squirrel Girl, Rocket Raccoon and Black Widow. Got a free Jean Grey and two Things. Not a bad haul- might pick up another Steam Wallet card and go back for seconds, too.

Bought Scarlet Witch, Daredevil, Black Widow, and Cyclops.

Got Ms Marvel, Colossus, and two dupes. Not too unhappy, I'll take the free $18.00.

Probably stop for now, though part of me wants to jump back in one more time...

Top Bottom