• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
There's RNG and there's proper rewards vs. time investment.

I do agree with this statement. So my solution the past couple days was just not to do the cosmic terminals. Problem solved =P

I'm just very laid-back about loot in ARPGs in general, I choose not to stress about it. Also in MH, I feel like I don't have the right to complain. Since playing at launch, I've gotten around:

3 hero drops
4 or 5 costume drops
6 costumes out of FC1's
3 different occurences of 10-splinters

That's not too bad.

Also I have a personal friend who played at launch who got some seriously ridiculous luck, in only around 60 hours played. I don't even want to list all the things he got, because I doubt anyone would believe it. If he wasn't my personal friend, I would have said no way in hell.

But it just shows that some people have good experiences with RNG.

inky

Well, that's why I said clearing them is a waste of time if the chests are still bugged. The boss rewards are fine:

wLtpXvQ.png

I wasn't exaggerating when I said the chests spit out 1 green and 1 blue and some credits only. That's why I got from them.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
got 1 unique during the whole 200% (its now finished since about an 1 hour ago) not one uru either and i got 3 chars to level 60

since that hour i have had drop 1 cosmic 1 unique 2 fortune cards and a retcon device, im gonna say for my luck the 200% buffs were minus apart from xp lol

inky

I actually got a shit-ton of uniques and cosmics during he weekend, but I also popped 2 of the collector's potions, and plenty of the others plus a bunch of bars.

I'd say I got easily about 2 stash pages worth of them, but of course many were repeats or didn't beat what I had on already.

Vecks

I think I found 4 uniques and 4 urus (2 lvl 25's and 2 lvl 50's) over the weekend. Probably found, maybe, 10 koalas. Maxed out Weapon Vendor. Disappointed to discover that even a maxed out vendor doesn't always show epics. Probably won't max out gear vendor, so I'll focus on enchanter next. A decent haul I think. Didn't bother counting cosmics.
Something of note, I found many more australian flags in X-def than any other place.

devs posted a screenshot. long story short, it looks like you WILL be able to tell a difference... i.e. major loot/xp pinata compared to normal chests. screenshot the dev posted was like a cosmic, 2-3 purples, (possibly blues also?) and around 1-2 dozen experience orbs. possibly even more.

edit -

1IUbED4.jpg

Damn, that P5 outfit looks good.
I have six costumes ready to go to the crafter, when this outfit gets released.
Two chances at getting a free P5 outfit. Its pretty unlikely though. 1 in 50? 1 in 100?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got 3 uniques (2 for colossus at least, and 1 for Jean for the future I guess), a few koalas and not alot of cosmics during the boost. I only really cared about the xp boost tbh

man now that i got my crafter up to 19, ive lost nearly all my money leveling up some old ass uniques to make them viable again. There a good way to grind credits in this game other than legendary quest rewards?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
moon knights synergies are

@Ryolnir said: He gets a % bonus to crit on melee attacks.

Twice.

on test server they made the emma frost pet for pyro level 1, but this also means hes easy to die and can spawns chests :D

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I would just like to say that Mighty Fists of Juggernaut unique for Colossus is fucking ridiculous (will probably get nerfed) and I love it

that is all

I wish I had this. That frenzy effect, gat damn. I do have 3 of his uniques though, Kitty's Shirt, Dynasty, and Bands of Cyttorak. His unique sets is among the best ones imo. Better than Storm and Iron Man who go without spirit and HP on most uniques...

man now that i got my crafter up to 19, ive lost nearly all my money leveling up some old ass uniques to make them viable again. There a good way to grind credits in this game other than legendary quest rewards?

Put on as much credit find gear as you can find (kingpin medal, tony stark insignia, slot 5, slot 4), get a Luke Cage (or several) to come with you to the cow level and go to town. Mad credits in cow land. Gambit also has a +credit find skill but it doesn't affect the party.

inky

Also they buffed the hell out of The One-Off. It does illegal amounts of damage now.

As it should. I remember when I used to have it at rank 40 and it just decimated everything. Had like 25+ Power Duration too.

Man, I miss those +8 items. When I jumped back into my Captain this past weekend, he was still wearing an old blue item that gave him +16% attack speed! Those were the days.
I think I sold it/donated it by mistake, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Might break my no costume policy for a Spider-Man costume, the default is horrible and I want to start on him soon.

Thinking the FF one, love the white (on a related note venom second costume better be anti venom) but the big time ones are cool too. Superior is too expensive for my "no costume" policy (and wallet atm really)

The Cosmic Chests on the TC are legit now.

n00v.png

Also they buffed the hell out of The One-Off. It does illegal amounts of damage now.

Wow. This has only been implemented on the TC though? Guess I'll have to wait.
Are cosmic terminals do-able by oneself? I dont like looking for groups, or feeling obligated to stick around to do boring stuff afterwards.

Jagxyz

Wow. This has only been implemented on the TC though? Guess I'll have to wait.
Are cosmic terminals do-able by oneself? I dont like looking for groups, or feeling obligated to stick around to do boring stuff afterwards.

I was able to solo the cosmic mr.sinister terminal as a newly level 60 rocket raccoon.

inky

Sinister is easy. So is Shocker, Taskmaster (bit tricky due to small room) and Doc Ock; and Hood if you can take a couple of his shots and not die. Pyro hits too hard and Magneto is very annoying. Even if you have good CC breaker you'll need some ninja reflexes to escape the bubble. I only tried Doom once and it took me too long for me to do it again. I haven't tried the rest.

I'd recommend strictly the use of a ranged hero though. The Power Cosmic just hits way too hard to be sitting on them as melee.

Rhaknar

All this talk of cosmic terminals, I feel like in the only one here that doesn't play at 60. I just want to level heroes :(

almost done with Colossus (58 so should finish tomorrow) and I'm already wanting to go back to Hawkeye and/or start Spider-Man. Maybe with raids I'll be more inclined to play my 60s but at the moment I just love to level and get new spells and whatnot

hitmon

So I saw a Cyclops running around with the Phoenix costume. Is it a random drop or something? Didn't see it in the store.

Right, I forgot you had to be level 60 to run Cosmic terminals.
Im like Rhaknar - I'd rather level different heroes than fiddle around with level 60's. At least for now, anyway.
I actually find Hood to be one of the tougher bosses (when he is yellow difficulty). His bullets hit like a truck.

Sorry for the dumb question, but what does that mean? How could we obtain a chase costume?

"Chase" costumes were originally designed to be obtainable ONLY by finding them randomly in game (not from the store).
Now that has changed and occasionally, you can purchase them for 1250g(?) from the store (as a special event type thing).
While it is still thoeretically possible to find them in game, I can pretty much guarantee you that will never happen, as finding any costume is practically impossible.

hitmon

"Chase" costumes were originally designed to be obtainable ONLY by finding them randomly in game (not from the store).
Now that has changed and occasionally, you can purchase them for 1250g(?) from the store (as a special event type thing).
While it is still thoeretically possible to find them in game, I can pretty much guarantee you that will never happen, as finding any costume is practically impossible.

I was about to follow up because I found a thread on their official forums about them selling the chase costumes which contradicted what the wiki said. I was confused, but you read my mind and answered pretty much answered my next question. Thanks!

Sorry I'm at work and didn't see your question :(

No worries Rhaknar. I really appreciate the input. I noticed you have been playing Colossus. I just got him around level 15 and I have a few questions. What basic have you been using late in the game? Did you max out passives such as Bulwark of Steel and Osmium Skin or is there really no need? His Osmium Charge is pretty powerful early on, but wondering if it is worth maxing for the late game.

Rhaknar

No worries Rhaknar. I really appreciate the input. I noticed you have been playing Colossus. I just got him around level 15 and I have a few questions. What basic have you been using late in the game? Did you max out passives such as Bulwark of Steel and Osmium Skin or is there really no need? His Osmium Charge is pretty powerful early on, but wondering if it is worth maxing for the late game.

Colossus talk! I'm no expert, and I use spells I like, usually visually, so it's probably not the correct way, but I've done well so far and more importantly it's been fun so :p

Basic - I use the spirit regen one with just 1 point, it regens 3 spirit to you and your friends, and still hits reasonably ok for a 1 point (hits for about 2k at my level). Then again I only use the basic as a filler when I'm out of spirit

Passives - I max out bullwark (if that is the defense and health one) because I like my tanks to be at least semi-tanky (and I have nightmares of how squishy Cyclops is) but I don't use Osmium Skin at all (assuming that is the projectile deflection one), it sounds useless to me (and I didn't go full tank as I will explain later)

Osmium Charge is amazing, and I actually considering putting points into it at one point, but I don't like putting more than 1 point into movement spells. It still 2-shots basic mobs with 1 point anyway.

For the rest, my spec is semi-tank with pets, so I max out bullwark for the semi-tankiness, I max out Wolvie and Magik with Sinister medallion and two if the raptor artifacts that give summon duration (so I only have about 6 seconds where they aren't out). For dps I use a combination of maxed titanic slam because I love death from above moves and it does great damage (someone was saying it was nerfed but mine hits for 25k+ so /shrug) and maxed out Roar, and for single target I use maxed Colossal Punch which does silly damage even with no damage passives.

The rest of the points are 1 in the spirit regen punch, maybe 1 in the taunt if I can find a spot for it on the bars, and the rest in the defense/health aura (so only about 8/9 points in it, like I said, semi tanky)

And that's my Colossus :)

hitmon

Colossus talk! I'm no expert, and I use spells I like, usually visually, so it's probably not the correct way, but I've done well so far and more importantly it's been fun so :p

Basic - I use the spirit regen one with just 1 point, it regens 3 spirit to you and your friends, and still hits reasonably ok for a 1 point (hits for about 2k at my level). Then again I only use the basic as a filler when I'm out of spirit

Passives - I max out bullwark (if that is the defense and health one) because I like my tanks to be at least semi-tanky (and I have nightmares of how squishy Cyclops is) but I don't use Osmium Skin at all (assuming that is the projectile deflection one), it sounds useless to me (and I didn't go full tank as I will explain later)

Osmium Charge is amazing, and I actually considering putting points into it at one point, but I don't like putting more than 1 point into movement spells. It still 2-shots basic mobs with 1 point anyway.

For the rest, my spec is semi-tank with pets, so I max out bullwark for the semi-tankiness, I max out Wolvie and Magik with Sinister medallion and two if the raptor artifacts that give summon duration (so I only have about 6 seconds where they aren't out). For dps I use a combination of maxed titanic slam because I love death from above moves and it does great damage (someone was saying it was nerfed but mine hits for 25k+ so /shrug) and maxed out Roar, and for single target I use maxed Colossal Punch which does silly damage even with no damage passives.

The rest of the points are 1 in the spirit regen punch, maybe 1 in the taunt if I can find a spot for it on the bars, and the rest in the defense/health aura (so only about 8/9 points in it, like I said, semi tanky)

And that's my Colossus :)

Sweet feedback! I'm considering maxing bulwark and maybe throwing a point at the osmium skin (projectile deflecting one) for the armor regen and chance to regain spirit. Colossal punch looks like a good match with bonus damage from the increased health from Bulwark Steel.

How you played with the Hulk? Since their both tanks, I'm wondering how similar their playstyle is and which one you like better. Colossus is my first tanky player so I haven't had much experience with Marvel Heroes' tanks. I have the Thing, but I'm not a fan of his and haven't had any desire to play him.

Rhaknar

Sweet feedback! I'm considering maxing bulwark and maybe throwing a point at the osmium skin (projectile deflecting one) for the armor regen and chance to regain spirit. Colossal punch looks like a good match with bonus damage from the increased health from Bulwark Steel.

How you played with the Hulk? Since their both tanks, I'm wondering how similar their playstyle is and which one you like better. Colossus is my first tanky player so I haven't had much experience with Marvel Heroes' tanks. I have the Thing, but I'm not a fan of his and haven't had any desire to play him.

I have never ever run out of armor, and both the charge and more importantly colossal roar replenish armor (roar replenishes all of it), so unless you use that punch in the first tier of the left tree that uses armor, I must say again, Osmium skin seems useless.

And I have a 30 Hulk and he plays quite differently. Well at least how I have them specced, my Hulk is all about the leaps, so I'm always jumping around. Also he has no pets obviously and no aura either. I was loving Hulk and the only reason I stopped at 30 is to wait for the 52 review.

Btw if I was to spec Colossus as a pure tank, I would drop the 20 points on Wolverine and the 20 on Magik, turn those into 1 pointers just to have them, max out the tank aura... And I don't know what else. I still wouldn't use osmium Skin probably lol. And I would drop the pet medallion/artifacts of course and use tank ones. I still have like 21k life with my spec / gear which isn't bad, hell it's more than I have on Ms Marvel I think and she's 60.

Ms Marvel is my favorite tank anyway, her self healing is ridiculous :) But even her I also went semi-tank only, I think the character I want to go full tank on is Thing.

Spent several hours fiddling with Colossus myself earlier and this is the build I've settled on for now. It's solid for all content, and if you don't want to spec into both summons just take the points out of Magik and put them into Steel Punch.

Rhaknar

Magik's damage is shit by the way, but her heals seem nice, at least they are noticeable. Plus pets in this game are just good in general if only to keep mobs off you

But I'm a big pet freak (both in games and in real life lol) so I'm biased.

Colossus deffinately joins Ms. Marvel (my favorite hero so far), Emma and Hulk (unless the review ruins his leaps) in "characters I would play at 60".

Cyclops maybe, depends on the review, Hawkeye maybe, depends on how I feel for the next 29 levels (pre turret he would join Squirrel Girl as heroes I'm never touching again), and as I just said, SG is to never be touched again :p

Spent several hours fiddling with Colossus myself earlier and this is the build I've settled on for now. It's solid for all content, and if you don't want to spec into both summons just take the points out of Magik and put them into Steel Punch.

Cool basically my spec just with Stomp instead of the leap. I hate stomp, wasted a retcon trying it out :(

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure why they would buff One-Off, I think it's pretty good & balanced on live right now.

sssshhhh no words, just laser beams.

Pretty stoked, my Iron Man isn't even that well-geared but does crazy damage. I use a rotation I never see anyone else use: Jericho, Wrist rocket, Micro missiles (1 pointer or grant from gear), then channeled repulsor until jericho is off cooldown, rinse and repeat, throw in one-off when it's off CD. Stuff melts. Use shield overload to regen spirit when it's off cooldown, spirit is not an issue. I only have his slot 1 and 5 uniques (the good ones, fortunately) and my cosmics are so-so, but he's still beastly. I might get him a legendary soon, but idk. I have 3 legendaries and none of them are at level 5 because rank 4-5 takes FOR EVER. Considering getting a bunch of blessings and just swapping them to whatever hero I'm playing at the moment, as swapping blessings only costs 1k. But I think that cost might go up soon.

Someone else posted a different pic of Emmas P5 costume...

1000856_514856351966985_678442671_n.jpg

Initially, I wasnt sold on it because I didnt like the cape or the shoulder area, but after seeing these pics, I think it looks really good.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
That outfit is ridiculous. I know, comic books, but I don't like it. Same with that other Emma Costume that basically looks like it's body painted on. Got it from random craft, threw it into the blender.

inky

There is a $40 pack that includes the 3 first heroes of 2014 if you guys haven't noticed yet. Taking into account their hero pack pricing is extremely inconsistent even after they normalized the hero prices in the store, I'd say it is a better deal than getting each pack individually is going to be, at about $20 saved.

Might be a good thing for those short on moneys, or who don't care about a lot of the lineup for 2014 but do for Moon Knight, Nightcrawler and Strange.

They also (lol) buffed the rewards for their cow portal. Apparently people spending 200 ES were getting out of there with nothing, so they are doubling everything and adding Doop and stuff. Still the same (terrible) price tho, and no news of the recipe.

Rhaknar

love the Emma costume and if I was playing my 60s, she would be one of them and I would insta buy it.

Speaking of costumes, I just noticed there is a classic spiderman costume in the store... so what the fuck is the default one suposed to be (besides awful)?

edit: got my third uru forged, and...its a third ballista (200 ranged dmg), come on >_>

Ploid 3.0

Emma's P5 hair almost ruins the costume. I kinda really wanted it before it was shown, now I'm really liking her original costume. Cyclops has the best P5 costume in the game. The other's transition from 2d comics didn't seem to work too well, probably better off 2d.

I went ahead and bought a legendary and it seem to be leveling up faster than I thought. I almost have enough for a second one and I'm not sure which one I'll get. I got Scarlet the warlock eye and I have a uru mental weapon to go with it. Can't wait for the runewords things.

inky

Just so you guys don't miss at least logging in during the next few days:

We worked on some stuff for you guys for the Chinese New Year / Lunar Festival Holiday.

Every day you login from Friday to the next two weeks after that, you will receive a daily gift of a Red Envelope.

The red envelope could contain one of the following things:

A Chinese Holiday Lantern worth 888 credits (to sell or donate)

A Chinese Dragon worth 8888 credits (to sell or donate)

8 Cube Shards

8 Eternity Splinters

8 Two Hour Credit Find Boost potions (+20 credits per potion)

A Fireworks Launcher Artifact that gives you and your allies a large group buff of credit find when used.

In addition the following limited-time holiday items can drop anywhere:

A Chinese Holiday Lantern worth 888 credits (to sell or donate)

A Chinese Dragon worth 8888 credits (to sell or donate)

And The Mandarin will get the holiday boss treatment and drop greatly increased loot for the entire holiday period. (Any of the terminal versions)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
There is a $40 pack that includes the 3 first heroes of 2014 if you guys haven't noticed yet. Taking into account their hero pack pricing is extremely inconsistent even after they normalized the hero prices in the store, I'd say it is a better deal than getting each pack individually is going to be, at about $20 saved.

Might be a good thing for those short on moneys, or who don't care about a lot of the lineup for 2014 but do for Moon Knight, Nightcrawler and Strange.

They also (lol) buffed the rewards for their cow portal. Apparently people spending 200 ES were getting out of there with nothing, so they are doubling everything and adding Doop and stuff. Still the same (terrible) price tho, and no news of the recipe.

many of us are petitioning/suggesting they implement a way where it TRULY is 40 ES per player. That is not a bad price at all IMHO and equates to 4ish hours of grinding ES for a shot at (now) pretty sizable quantities of loot. The problem is right now... it's REALLY 200 ES per ONE player, with 4 other players basically getting free loots. I'm sure the other 4 players in your group are now saying "oh man new cow level is awesome!!!!"

Rhaknar

SH Loki one shot by lvl 59 Colossus, that washed the taste of my 12829743278948280937580375037509385938350953870935803850 deaths on Squirrel Girl to kill him. Now for some Midtown until 60 so I can hop back on Hawkeye

edit: there we go, Colossus is officially my 5th lvl 60 :) Moving on!

Top Bottom