• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Unless you really love costumes, those single hero packs kinda suck (imo) since you get character storage for every character in that premium pack and at its current cost that's 350G each

Scirrocco

JGlNnMi.png

Well sorry. Jesus

I was just going by what the founders program page on the site said, and it said premium $30 and ultimate $50. I guess there are special cases but in general thata right.

Dude, it's cool.

I was just posting so if any lurkers were wondering about it they'd know.

Unless you really love costumes, those single hero packs kinda suck (imo) since you get character storage for every character in that premium pack and at its current cost that's 350G each

But you get $25 more Gs. So you could buy 7 character stashes with the extra money.

Actually, would posting the current costs of each character help anyone with deciding whether they want to buy Founders Packs? The prices aren't finalized but it could tell ya roughly how much a character is worth in comparison to the others

But you get $25 more Gs. So you could buy 7 character stashes with the extra money.

True but if you didn't care about the costumes, a combo pack would be a better deal. For example vs the deadpool pack, if you got the Xforce you'd also get Cable (900G), Wolverine (1200G) and Collossus (900G) plus their stashes. Of course this is all under the assumption you like these 3 extra characters and the costumes don't have much sway over your purchase.

my copy of marvel heroes i think got bugged. I can't say or see anything in any chat at the moment. Annoying finding a group for chapter 8

GManDH

i believe i can get $50 for my ultimate pack, but i will only buy new characters if the price is low. and plus i dont foresee new characters for at least a year, and by then the price should be lower. is anyone playing tonight??? My username is GmanDH.

bought my cyclops pack like 3 months ago

really enjoyed the beta for what it was, 20 bucks with 20 bucks of ingame currency seems totally alright

Lord Phol

Just managed to solo the end-game Madripoor Group Challenge 1 with a lvl 27 Cable!
Was kind of tough at the fourth Rift and chasing Doop around ended in my first demise >>.

Anyways here's some crappy videos and pictures:

Craptastic videos I recorded:

Video 1
Video 2

And some pics:
Nasty Morlocs!
Pewpew!

On another note, are there any good free recording programs besides Fraps?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I have been so absorbed in this game...It's going to be worst when friends can play with me. Got cyclops to lv 26 today and focused beam is all I ever want to do from now on.

GManDH

so even though we are going to make a guild, some of us already have our own guilds with our friends. can we make a post, maybe even the first post of the thread, with everyone stating their MH name that way we can all add each other???

nevermind i found it.

Orca

I keep running into a black screen when zoning. Not every time, but often enough to be annoying. When it happens I can't alt-tab or close the program, so I'm forced to eventually restart.

Edit - I've updated drivers. Still does it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
is anyone playing today and tomorrow or you guys waiting for the game to go officially live??
Waiting here. No point in playing ATM, especially after they reset everyone's accounts right at the end when they added endgame stuff.

GManDH

Waiting here. No point in playing ATM, especially after they reset everyone's accounts right at the end when they added endgame stuff.

im trying to play as many characters as possible, however with that i havent advanced very far. i might take one character to chapter 5 today/tomorrow. wanna party up?

I keep running into a black screen when zoning. Not every time, but often enough to be annoying. When it happens I can't alt-tab or close the program, so I'm forced to eventually restart.

Edit - I've updated drivers. Still does it.

What OS and how much ram do you have?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
im trying to play as many characters as possible, however with that i havent advanced very far. i might take one character to chapter 5 today/tomorrow. wanna party up?
I haven't played since the reset, sorry :( All my characters are level 1, and I don't feel like playing. Don't want to overplay these areas and kill them for myself already.

inky

So, guys, friendly reminder. I have premium pack early access only, so I'll be on until Friday at the earliest. I know there are several UP buyers here, so if one wants to spend the 10k credits and make the guild during the first early access days, you are more than welcome. I could then contribute with any items/crafting mats I get when I begin playing to soften the fee blow.

Right now we have these suggestions by jtir123, Scirrocco and GManDH:

Agents of GAF
NEOGAF (or neoGAF, or NeoGAF, or other variants. "GAF" is too short).
The G Men
True Believers (There's already a guild called this, it's common so if you want this it should be grabbed asap)
The WWWeb Coast Avengers
Ultimate Gaffers
Ultimate Neogaf
The Superfriends (I think there was already a guild with this name too)
Justice League (I used this name for the test guild, so it can be done)
FUN or Fear Us Now
Army of GAF

And like I said, if someone else wants to make it you are more than welcome =) I only volunteered because no one else chimed in :p but I am by no means appointing myself as guild leader or name chooser or anything like that.

I think it'd be nice to have a group we could join and see who's online so it is easier to team up and stuff, but it's not a requirement of any kind and everyone is also welcome to make their own guild if they so choose, or just add friends from the list in the OP.

Thanks!

GManDH

So, guys, friendly reminder. I have premium pack early access only, so I'll be on until Friday at the earliest. I know there are several UP buyers here, so if one wants to spend the 10k credits and make the guild during the first early access days, you are more than welcome. I could then contribute with any items/crafting mats I get when I begin playing to soften the fee blow.

Right now we have these suggestions by jtir123, Scirrocco and GManDH:

Agents of GAF
NEOGAF (or neoGAF, or NeoGAF, or other variants. "GAF" is too short).
The G Men
True Believers (There's already a guild called this, it's common so if you want this it should be grabbed asap)
The WWWeb Coast Avengers
Ultimate Gaffers
Ultimate Neogaf
The Superfriends (I think there was already a guild with this name too)
Justice League (I used this name for the test guild, so it can be done)
FUN or Fear Us Now
Army of GAF

And like I said, if someone else wants to make it you are more than welcome =) I only volunteered because no one else chimed in :p but I am by no means appointing myself as guild leader or name chooser or anything like that.

I think it'd be nice to have a group we could join and see who's online so it is easier to team up and stuff, but it's not a requirement of any kind and everyone is also welcome to make their own guild if they so choose, or just add friends from the list in the OP.

Thanks!

cant be 3 or 4 letters long, 5 might be the minimum. i also like the 2 prior posts. i will def be involved in the guild, if allowed. and will use it daily.

to add one more.....The Marvels of GAF

GManDH

so we dont want to add anything that implies marvel or avengers or team, just NEOGAF? does NeoGAFMarvels sound weird?

GManDH

ooo inky, i think its official, the team name is just NeoGAF. It will help promote the site and ppl will know the power of GAFFERS.

GManDH

I'm partial to The G Men. It works on a couple levels. Of course referencing the X-men, but also a rarely known 1950's avengers team.

I liked it too, but sadly no periods allowed.

well it would be NeoGAF so theres really no periods needed. thats why i was going to say if anyone wanted to add something with marvel or avengers. I still love Webcoast avengers, or justice league of GAF, MarvelGaffers?? i will go with majority, i just want a guild that is useful and ppl will care.

Scirrocco

exactly

It's who we are. We are NeoGaf.

Personally i'd like something a bit more fun, with some personality. But i bought a founders pack, so the guilds going to be formed long before i'm in the game, so its not my call. I'll go with whatever works for everyone else.

Bought a Founders Pack myself but sadly I won't be able to play until at least the 5th so I'll go with whatever you guys decide to choose.

GManDH

i dont mind NeoGAF but i think MarvelsofNeoGAF or NeoGAFMarvels would be simple enough and will give it some personality but the important part isplaying together and having fun.

Moondrop

Banned
I'm interested in the final stats for all heroes. Each hero receives permanent primary stat gains at levels into the fifties. While playing characters you enjoy is clearly the most important part of this game, there are some interesting theorycrafting implications for certain stat thresholds. Here is what I have so far:

Black Panther Du3 St4 Fi6 Sp4 En4 In5
Black Widow Du3 Du3 Fi6 Sp3 En3 In4
Captain America Du4 St3 Fi7 Sp3 En1 In3
Colossus Du7 St6 Fi4 Sp2 En1 In3
Cyclops Du2 St2 Fi5 Sp3 En6 In3
Daredevil Du3 St3 Fi6 Sp3 En1 In3
Storm Du3 St2 Fi2 Sp5 En6 In3
Wolverine Du5 St3 Fi7 Sp3 En1 In3

Would MarvelGAF assemble and fill in the rest? Especially the pricey heroes ;). You can see if a hero will eventually gain that stat point by hovering your mouse over it. Then I will repost the full list.

GManDH

Would MarvelGAF assemble and fill in the rest? Especially the pricey heroes ;). You can see if a hero will eventually gain that stat point by hovering your mouse over it. Then I will repost the full list.

MarvelGAF might be the perfect fit. not too long not too short nod to marvel and GAF at the same time.

i also think that as people level up we should state what powers we recommend that way we have an idea what we should and shouldnt really bother in getting.

Top Bottom