• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I'm going to guess they give UP purchasers some extra something as an "oops, sorry." I mean, in reality, the value in the pack wasn't in the week head start. It's nice, and was promised, and should be made up for, but getting all the things was the real reason to buy it.

I'm going to guess they give UP purchasers some extra something as an "oops, sorry." I mean, in reality, the value in the pack wasn't in the week head start. It's nice, and was promised, and should be made up for, but getting all the things was the real reason to buy it.

if you are one of those people that want to do world first, it is somewhat important

GManDH

isnt 36?? they dont have enough abilities for 60. and i paid over $100 so i better get something extra for this wait. maybe well get another $25. btw since i bought the UP pack and i get a rarity boost if i get any blue or purple items i dont want ill post it and for what character it is.

Ah ok, was there actual content to hit 60? The highest I got was 21 and was on chapter 7

There are 8 story chapters, which carry you to around 30. Then there is endgame content - PVP, daily boss missions, and higher difficulty replays of dungeons, IIRC.
Don't quote me on that, though, because I only got up to 15 or so after the wipe of the Cable patch.

So...When's Marvel
Heroes
?

Got the Marvel Classics pack a few months ago and haven't really played since then after the first few beta wipes, but I'll hop on when the 4 day early access kicks in. BeastLegacy in-game and Beast Legacy on Steam if anyone wants to add me.

inky

There are 8 story chapters, which carry you to around 30. Then there is endgame content - PVP, daily boss missions, and higher difficulty replays of dungeons, IIRC.
Don't quote me on that, though, because I only got up to 15 or so after the wipe of the Cable patch.

Yep, the level cap is 60. You keep getting new abilities up to level 30, but you still get points to raise them in rank after that. Last time I did the story I finished at about level 20, and they made the curve from 25-30 and beyond pretty steep, so getting to cap will be somewhat of a commitment.

I don't think I'll bother with going for cap, I'll just mix it up between endgame and leveling new characters.

GManDH

Yep, the level cap is 60. You keep getting new abilities up to level 30, but you still get points to raise them in rank after that. Last time I did the story I finished at about level 20, and they made the curve from 35-30 and beyond pretty steep, so getting to cap will be somewhat of a commitment.

I don't think I'll bother with going for cap, I'll just mix it up between endgame and leveling new characters.

plus wouldnt u want to wait to see if they release new abilities later on?

phunky420

Banned
Am i the only person who does not like this game? I got into the beta and i played it for 2 weeks, 30 hours).

Combat = boring

Skill effects =fing crazy when in a multiplayer section (you have no idea what is going on)

Sound effects = GOD awful....i have a great sound card and speakers but this game sounds like complete SHIT.

Skill Tree = I thought this was from the maker of diablo 2??? WTF is this skill tree? This is garbage...no choice..just a bunch of random shit.

Graphics=Cut scenes are decent, but overall bad. Game graphics are subpar....Should i have expected more in a FTP game...probably not.

Crafting system=WTF is this? Horrible and unrewarding...

Story?=don't care about it and it is lame

People like to talk shit about D3 and POE? This marvel game is a complete waste of time...

YES i don't like it at all...i have not logged back in and i will not....

Yep, the level cap is 60. You keep getting new abilities up to level 30, but you still get points to raise them in rank after that. Last time I did the story I finished at about level 20, and they made the curve from 35-30 and beyond pretty steep, so getting to cap will be somewhat of a commitment.

Were you able to try out the cosmic sharded versions of the daily missions? I'm curious if they'll need a higher level requirement or will good gear + good teams be enough?

Ah that make sense, yea I'd probably just go back and try new characters than try to really max level anyone, theres just to many choices lol

YES i don't like it at all...i have not logged back in and i will not....

adios!

ElRenoRaven

So still down eh? Just got home. Oh well no big deal to me. I fully expected these issues. I haven't seen an MMO yet that doesn't have issues at launch making it unplayable or close to it.

So still down eh? Just got home. Oh well no big deal to me. I fully expected these issues. I haven't seen an MMO yet that doesn't have issues at launch making it unplayable or close to it.

Still, given that it's not really an MMO and had a lengthy beta period, this downtime is not exactly encouraging.

Usually MMO launch issues are a result of servers getting hammered, not last minute, game-crippling bugs.

6 PM PDT has arrived, they should be posting an update soon.

Still, given that it's not really an MMO and had a lengthy beta period, this downtime is not exactly encouraging.

Usually MMO launch issues are a result of servers getting hammered, not last minute, game-crippling bugs.

It seems less an issue with the game itself, and rather with the accounts.

ElRenoRaven

It's an MMO. And it's an account based issue right now so I wouldn't call that a game crippling bug.

inky

Were you able to try out the cosmic sharded versions of the daily missions? I'm curious if they'll need a higher level requirement or will good gear + good teams be enough?

Nope. I did get a key out of like 17 instances I ran, but it was too late into the last day of beta, so I never bothered.

From what I understand, the first green terminal is level 27 (Shocker, at the Avengers Tower) and each following one goes up by one level. The red terminals (the ones that require the key) are the same level as their green counterparts, but harder, so I suspect they'll be possible with a same-level group, but tougher by yourself.

I started doing them at 22 no problem (except for Magneto), but at 25 I hit a wall in the AIM lab and couldn't finish the first terminal.

plus wouldnt u want to wait to see if they release new abilities later on?

I'm not sure they'll add any new ones, to be honest. I expect the bulk of the content will be new heroes and new maps/story.

GManDH

Nope. I did get a key out of like 17 instances I ran, but it was too late into the last day of beta, so I never bothered.

From what I understand, the first green terminal is level 27 (Shocker, at the Avengers Tower) and each following one goes up by one level. The red terminals (the ones that require the key) are the same level as their green counterparts, but harder, so I suspect they'll be possible with a same-level group, but tougher by yourself.

I started doing them at 22 no problem (except for Magneto), but at 25 I hit a wall in the AIM lab and couldn't finish the first terminal.

I'm not sure they'll add any new ones, to be honest. I expect the bulk of the content will be new heroes and new maps/story.

i expected that with new content would come new moves since that is a common thread in MMOs, but that kind of makes sense. maybe when they raise the cap again then theyll add more moves.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
:|

Well, in the meantime, what hero y'all gonna start with? Maybe we can get a GAF party up 'n running once they fix the stuff... although I might be in bed at that time.
Iron Man if the price is reasonable. If not, Cable and I'll wait for a sale.

Anyone know if Nova will be ready for launch?

ElRenoRaven

I'm starting with my favs first. So Iron Man first followed by Deadpool second. After that who knows which will come 3rd and so on.

GManDH

So who is gonna make our guild? BTW the max guild size is now 100 players.

inky said he would take care of that, and should since he is kind of the leader in here. ill help with any items i dont need and dont mind donating to sell for credits.

Tendo

If it makes up for me missing that in the OP inky I sent your OT to a few friends to get them informed on the game. Its good stuff man!

‏@MMMSociety 4m
Evening all. We're still progressing, still moving forward, and we're still hopeful - but no ETA on opening #MarvelHeroes yet. More later.

@MMMSociety 53s
Rest assured we have made good progress (and more since 6PM) but we can't give an ETA until plans come together.

Yeah, looks like no early access for me tonight.

:O

That...That is a lot of 200 dollar packs!

I had to chuckle at the Chinese dude who either showed up twice or has the same name as another Chinese dude. :p
But yeah, that's a LOT of money they were able to work with; and that's not even counting the people who bought the cheaper bundles!

Thats what I thought aswell. Really didnt expect that many to have bought the UP.

Heh, I'm one of the first 20 or so in the far right column. :p
I watched the segment again after Tendo's post. Thought it wasn't THAT much because I showed up so early, tho.

Top Bottom