• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Look at this crap. Realign for early access packs? So they may delay early access to the premium packs just because??

https://twitter.com/mmmsociety/status/339584383163961344

Read the full conversation yo:
@MMMSociety 25m
@Dimbo56 @CrispBeam Sorry, we're a little tired. It just means we'll examine what we need to do to be fair to everyone.

@MMMSociety 5m
For those concerned, no decision has been made on the rest of Early Game Access and start times. We're going to get the game up first.

They're in over their heads in fixing the game, I don't think they've got the clear mind to respond comprehensively in that regard.
I.e. - they have more important things on their mind than to think of a solution for the lost day of EA for UP purchasers.

Jube3

They're in over their heads in fixing the game, I don't think they've got the clear mind to respond comprehensively in that regard.
I.e. - they have more important things on their mind than to think of a solution for the lost day of EA for UP purchasers.

Didn't play with you in Smite but look forward to playing with you and other Gaffers in this. Im in for the ult pack as well, was hoping to play tonight but its not looking likely.

i hope so, i got it back in january so im due for a bunch of bonus Gs and gean/scott along with my cap

I'm guessing you'll get it when the Starter packs are scheduled to start. I'm not in game atm because I'm on an internet cap and have to wait till midnight but I dont see any reports on people not getting their UP. The only thing messed up is the amount of Gs are not what some people are supposed to get.

Tendo

Literally comes up as I'm walking out the door to work. UGH. Haha. have fun guys! I'll see you this afternoon.

ElRenoRaven

What a mess to wake up to. Hope they get everything fixed today. I see our bonus Gs won't be added for a few days. I'm so not spending a G till I have them all.

There is some issues with Supergroups too it seems.

Guild masters and members, sorry but I've got to give you some bad news.

We found some last minute technical issues with guilds that meant we had to pull them from the game for this first portion of Early Game Access. We believe we'll have them back in, possibly as early as Friday, but we're a little distracted with today's events to give you accurate details.

We know this is going to be a big disappointment to you. Many of you hoped to get your guild sorted in these first few days, and we know you want to get your names picked out too. We're really sorry, but we couldn't go live with things the way they were; we had errors with naming, with grouping features, and with some back-end related stuff too. We're fixing it.

There's a small silver lining though. We took your feedback on guilds to the development team, and they'll now be known as 'supergroups' in game. (Yes, we'll change the final forum name too. )

I'm sorry to throw more bad news on today. We're working hard to get them functional again ASAP.

Lord Phol

sadly everything looks the same from beta prices (ex: too pricey imo) all subject to change however I suppose. Also it looks like they took the servers down so that early access is properly restored. oh wells

Ah all right, thanks!

FAQ posted on the Official Forums

Rockjaw said:
Where are my costumes?

You'll find all the costumes in your S.T.A.S.H. which is located just north of you when you login to the game.

Where are my heroes?

Your heroes have been unlocked in your roster. Press 'T' to acccess it and switch to any of them.

What happened to the 'Hulk as WAR' costume?

Unfortunately some last minute issues delayed him from making it into the Ultimate Pack for opening - but you're still going to get the costume (as will Hulk Smash Premium Pack owners). The costume should be added very soon, possibly before or shortly after launch.

I thought we were getting more costumes.

Hulk as WAR is the only 'missing' costume. There are over 110 costumes total granted as part of the Ultimate Pack, including base costumes (worn on the hero when first accessed).

Where's my item rarity/special item find 5% buff at?

This is listed on your character sheet (press C) on the Stats tab. Note, the % bonus is listed as 4%, but that's a text bug - it's giving you 5%. (This will be fixed.)

Why do I have 5,200 Gs (and not more or less)?

To help expedite getting the game live, we decided to grant a base number of Gs to all Ultimate Pack owners, regardless of the currency that was used to pay for it. This was the base number - bonus currency will be granted separately (see below). The extra 200Gs is 'rounding off'; this is NOT bonus currency or compensation.

Where's my bonus currency?

Bonus currency will be granted and added to your account separately, in the next few days. Apologies for the delay, but again, the decision was taken to help get the game live faster.

What IS bonus currency?

Depending on when you purchased your Ultimate (or Premium, or Starter Pack) you may be entitled to bonus currency. This does not apply to everyone - it's based . As mentioned above, this bonus currency will be granted in the next few days.

Am I supposed to be able to see my Founders Pack in my profile page?

Eventually, yes. This is one of the issues we've been fixing in the last couple of days. Right now, you will not be able to see your orders, but you can see your G balance when it is granted to you.

My G balance is now zero when it wasn't before?

Some Gs were erroneously granted earlier this week - that's now been corrected. If you have a Founders Pack the correct number of Gs will be granted to you before your Early Game Access time begins.

I bought my Ultimate Pack on Steam but I can't login.

Make sure you redeemed the key that Steam granted you on purchase on your account here at MarvelHeroes.com. To obtain the key, find the game in your Steam library and click 'CD Key' to see the key.

Will there be any compensation for the downtime/missed Early Game Access for Ultimate Pack owners?

We know that Ultimate Pack owners paid, in part, for Early Game Access and we intend to make up for today’s launch delay in some form. We’ll announce further details in the near future.

I bought an Ultimate Pack but I can't login to the game (and the servers are up, natch). What can I do?

Please login to your profile here on MarvelHeroes.com and click the 'Support' button to contact support. We're dealing with tickets as fast as we can, but please bear with us.

I read this in the patch notes, and it reminded me that I've been meaning to ask about it here:
"Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent the Rested (Blue) Experience Bar from being displayed because it was being drawn behind the Normal (Yellow) Experience Bar."

What exactly is the Rested Experience and how does it function?

ElRenoRaven

I read this in the patch notes, and it reminded me that I've been meaning to ask about it here:
"Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent the Rested (Blue) Experience Bar from being displayed because it was being drawn behind the Normal (Yellow) Experience Bar."

What exactly is the Rested Experience and how does it function?

Ever play WOW? It's like that. Each character you don't play builds up rested XP. So when you switch to them you gain more XP on them till the Blue part of the XP bar disappears. Example being say I kill an enemy and normally they'd give me say 5XP. When you have rested XP they would say give me 7XP.

ElRenoRaven

*Damn it. Meant to edit and not Double Post*

Also server was back up when I left for work this morning so other ultimate pack purchasers should be able to play while I'm stuck at work :(

ElRenoRaven

Welp, going to bed was the right decision, seems like they've been having issues even later on.

Yea. I feel for anyone that stayed up. If it's one thing that MMOs have taught me it's that you don't wait up for issues to be fixed at the launch of a game or when expansions, patches, etc happen because something always breaks and it ends up taking forever to fix.

Any Gaffers wanna team up later? I know most of you probably won't want to restart with a level 1 character, but if anyone's up for teaming, that'd be awesome.

inky

Well, at least they'll give you guys some compensation,
like you needed anything else, lol.
Maybe some Gs or something.

Prices being the same kinda sucks, but whatever. I guess from now on it's up to the players to decided if they are worth it or not. I just hope for the game's sake that Gaz know what they are doing.

ElRenoRaven

Well, at least they'll give you guys some compensation
like you needed anything else, lol.
Maybe some Gs or something.

Prices being the same kinda sucks, but whatever. I guess from now on it's up to the players to decided if they are worth it or not. I just hope for the game's sake that Gaz know what they are doing.

Screw some more Gs. Someone on the forum suggested a great idea. Custom Hulk skin with a t shirt that says Server SMASH!

Well, keep in mind you can also get anything as a drop randomly or from the 1$ fortune cards (which also have non-store costumes).

But I do agree. 12$ for a costume or an aesthetic only pet seems a bit hefty.

Yea. If its like other f2p games, the lack of buying will drive the prices down hopefully. There is already a lot of complaining so I imagine one the game is stable enough they will respond. At least it's not the token system they announced at pax

Prices should be cut in half IMO. Would make them more $$ just by those impulse buyers like myself.

Yea, I don't even know what to do with my extra G's now. I thought about picking up Iron Man and a stash or something, but now I can't even get Iron Man without putting in more money.

Well, keep in mind you can also get anything as a drop randomly or from the 1$ fortune cards (which also have non-store costumes).

But I do agree. 12$ for a costume or an aesthetic only pet seems a bit hefty.

My experience with the beta is that drops were a nice bonus, because if you wanted something specific, good luck.

Nibiru

Banned
I am the biggest Marvel fanboy and even I think this is a bad arpg. I played it for maybe 20 hours and I have no want to play any more than that.

Top Bottom