• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Trish Dante's mom or something? I dont get the oedipus comment.

Dremark

Banned
Plus, as much as GAF wants it to go away, SFV isn't going anywhere anytime soon (especially with it being the center of the competitive scene). But I do agree that Capcom needs to pick up the pace.

Don't get me wrong, I love SFV, but it's really difficult to look at the overall way they are dealing with the game and "say this is fine". They've made a lot of mistakes and as you've said they need to move faster.

You're over-thinking it hardcore. The only reason Cap's HYDRA is because of the Cosmic Cube via Red Skull
(who's now dead at the hands of HYDRA Cap)
. Once the others realize this, they'll find a way to undo the change & we'll be back to the Steve Rogers we know & love.

I probably am overthinking it, but I don't think my line of reasoning is wrong. His background was changed but he's still doing the things he's doing. There have been plenty of other characters who have done less and had thier character permanently changed.

I'm not saying he has to stay as Captain Nazi forever but he shouldn't be able to go back to being the guy who is respected by everyone.

Yeah for example:
Capcom: "Hey guys, we heard you wanted more content so we're revamping our economy system and adding skins and stages"
Also Capcom: "Here's a rootkit"

I respect the effort tho.

They haven't really put all that much time or effort on DLC stuff aside from new characters. I'm actually kind of surprised there isn't a lot more considering it's a game as a service model. That isn't to say that fixes the issues or the long gap in dealing with them

Also there is literally zero defense for the rootkit.

AdaWong

I will NOT excuse this Trish slander. One of Capcom's most iconic female characters is not bout to be disrespected.

The king and queen of DMC are here to stay.
3436ad139c07e9d2f08098a0504acaa8.png

fd895ad80342c9a7f52b6f58f5d2b8cf.gif

Village

I like Trish.

You calling me garbo?

You play fang don't ya?

I will NOT excuse this Trish slander. One of Capcom's most iconic female characters is not bout to be disrespected.

She isn't iconic really?

I mean its unfortunate that DMC hasn't really produced any female characters of any notoriety that is on the level of their male ones, but that's another conversation. I found a lot of people questioning why she was in the marvel 3, and not lady or nero. She's kind of just a character , that was serviceable that stayed around.

JAXXX

The king and queen of DMC are here to stay.

Nope, the true KING and Queen of Marvel future's is still unknown...
storm.jpg

magneto.jpg

...for NOW!!!

LOL

Weiss

Banned
Man I hope X doesn't have the shitty charge mechanic. I hate it so much.

Well Megaman Volnutt was okay because he was all about filling the screen with stuff, but he still had the terrible weapon switch mechanic.

I think X already has the Charge Shot, so hopefully they don't make us swap weapons again. That's just trash.

Well Megaman Volnutt was okay because he was all about filling the screen with stuff, but he still had the terrible weapon switch mechanic.

I think X already has the Charge Shot, so hopefully they don't make us swap weapons again. That's just trash.

Yeah, he definitely has a charge shot already. I didn't mind it on Zero though, learning how to hold a charge while starting/maintaining a combo was a fair part of his learning curve in TvC. I imagine X is probably going to be more projectile based in general.

Neoxon

You say that

But when we only get two X men characters, and its wolverine and magneto, don't look upset
Given that they'll likely be DLC (according to Ryce), I'm sure we'll get more than 2. We probably won't have any on Day 1, but said DLC should rectify the problem.....I hope.

No, I meant she's already been confirmed and in the game and Marvel won't let you forget her

Carol
Plus Carol's headlining the first female-led MCU film.

The title for first leading lady in the MCU in general was already claimed by Peggy Carter.

Neonep

Megaman will have a charge shot in every game he is in. Not including it would be promotional malpractice.

TreIII

Yeah, he definitely has a charge shot already. I didn't mind it on Zero though, learning how to hold a charge while starting/maintaining a combo was a fair part of his learning curve in TvC. I imagine X is probably going to be more projectile based in general.

It's probably a pipe dream at this point, but as I suggested before: I honestly wished that X's gameplay style would be more dependent on his Armors, and open him up to moveset changes/variances thereof. Maybe even tie which Armor X would have access to, depending on his Gem choice.

It's a key thing about X in himself, so I'm hoping that the devs will do that aspect justice.

Neonep

At TGS they announce Dante for MVC:I. He happens to be have a never before seen costume and people are confused. Then they have a reveal trailer for DMC5 right after and Dante has that same costume. #wishfulthinkingatitsfiniest

Neoxon

At TGS they announce Dante for MVC:I. He happens to be have a never before seen costume and people are confused. Then they have a reveal trailer for DMC5 right after and Dante has that same costume. #wishfulthinkingatitsfiniest
I feel like they'd reveal Dante sooner than that, plus wouldn't DMC5 be a perfect reveal for E3?

I love this. Dahbamb himself couldn't write a better fanfic.

Neoxon

AMEN!!!!!
Yet Marvel's trying to force Captain Marvel onto that throne. I mean, the movie is probably gonna finish the job anyway & make her Marvel's main leading lady for the masses, but they're kinda forcing Carol a bit too hard right now.

Weiss

Banned
Yet Marvel's trying to force Captain Marvel onto that throne. I mean, the movie is probably gonna finish the job anyway & make her Marvel's main leading lady for the masses, but they're kinda forcing Carol a bit too hard right now.

The only good thing about Carol being in is that it might have some sway for getting Kamala.

Weiss

Banned
Given that Vergil is probably gonna be DLC or cut, I wonder if Lady will get in over Trish this time.

Probably not. A gun-heavy character would be better suited for the RE cast, and Trish has a more unique moveset. Plus she's bae.

Actually, between Dante, Strider and Zero, there are an abundance of Fast Sword Guys, and that's not even counting Marvel. I wonder if any of them will be cut this go around.

Village

Listen.

Storm not being in Infinite wont make her not still be the queen.

She's the queen regardless.

storm-hailstorm.gif

Eh, Storm is pretty ok. There are much better female characters in marvel than storm

Hell there are better Xmen than storm.

Heck If I had to give the title of " queen of " marvel to anyone , it would probably be the OG Sue fucking Storm.

Given that Vergil is probably gonna be DLC or cut,

Pffft

Outside of roster and gameplay mechanics, what are some things you guys would like to see in Infinite? Could be modes, presentation, how ranked is handled, or anything that comes to mind. I know nothing is being announced right now, but I'd still like to talk more about it.

Dremark

Banned
Nope, the true KING and Queen of Marvel future's is still unknown...
storm.jpg

magneto.jpg

...for NOW!!!

LOL

I know there is a pretty good chance Magneto won't be making it into MvC:I but it would feel really odd not having him. Him and Wolverine have been in pretty much all of these games iirc.

AdaWong

Given that Vergil is probably gonna be DLC or cut, I wonder if Lady will get in over Trish this time.

Probably not. A gun-heavy character would be better suited for the RE cast, and Trish has a more unique moveset. Plus she's bae.

Actually, between Dante, Strider and Zero, there are an abundance of Fast Sword Guys, and that's not even counting Marvel. I wonder if any of them will be cut this go around.

Yep! Trish's unique trap-style moveset backs her up for sure. I'm positive that if there were any other DMC reps other than Dante, it's gonna be a new character or Trish.

Trish has too much ~uniqueness~ backing her to be let go of honestly.

- Capcom character that flies
- Capcom character that has 8-air-dashes
- Blonde
- Female
- Fills the "sexy" (both aesthetic and personality) character void from the Capcom side
- Capcom character that is "superhuman" (aka actually has a chance against Marvel characters lol)

I'm not going to lie lads... that gif is bothering me.

in a good way

tumblr_nf3sks4SHe1sul8mho1_500.gif

Outside of roster and gameplay mechanics, what are some things you guys would like to see in Infinite? Could be modes, presentation, how ranked is handled, or anything that comes to mind. I know nothing is being announced right now, but I'd still like to talk more about it.

Ranked : A real matchmaking system, 2/3 100% of the time, possibility to follow players with a live feed telling you if they won / lost a match and being able to watch that specific replay, a division system (bronze/silver/gold etc...) with a reset every 3 months + placement matches.

Lobbies : X-copy the shit out Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. A room with arcade boards / whatever where you can play or watch people, and where you can also play without having to wait 4-5 matchs before being able to play. Give the players an incentive to play online (But i guess every possible thing to unlock in a fighting game will be DLC instead)

Tutorial : A real tutorial, voiced by Yipes / Persia / whatever, where you can actually learn the game in a smart way (Think about the tutorial from XRD revelator). Classic challenges for doing some combos. Also a matchup section where you have 2-3 missions against one character on blocking something & doing a decent punish, a cool way to learn how matchups works.

Story : Good story mode, that acts as a tutorial, with missions like crossup him 3 times during the match, block that shit etc...

Dremark

Banned

Anyone have any idea why they picked her? She never really seemed to be all that prominent of a character and if it was mainly for the MCU I'd think Black Widow or Scarlet Witch would have made more sense.

I'm honestly really surprised Scarlet Witch hasn't gotten a solo movie yet now that I think about it.

Dremark

Banned
Ranked : A real matchmaking system, 2/3 100% of the time, possibility to follow players with a live feed telling you if they won / lost a match and being able to watch that specific replay, a division system (bronze/silver/gold etc...) with a reset every 3 months + placement matches.

I'm not really sure why anyone would want the ladder to reset every couple of months. They do a "soft reset" in League of Legends every season and it's annoying having people in games way below thier skill level.

Granted in a fighting game it's 1v1 so it's less of an issue as one person wins a quick match rather than 5 people play through a miserable match for 45 minutes and the other 4 get carried, I still don't see any value to the reset.

Aside from that I agree with the rest of your post 100%.

So far, we know that Story and Arcade are their own modes.

I'm pretty sure the usual modes like trials, ranked and lobbies will make a return.

I would definitely hope for a very robust tutorial very much akin to GGxrd Rev's.

Would also be great to see a little beat 'em up mode just for fun.

I'm glad people with taste still exist in GAF!

#TrishForMVC8

Best winpose for me!

Anyone have any idea why they picked her? She never really seemed to be all that prominent of a character and if it was mainly for the MCU I'd think Black Widow or Scarlet Witch would have made more sense.

I think the fact she is one of the most powerful heroes in the Marvel universe might have something to do with it.

Top Bottom