• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

VariantX

To lighten the mood around here. Imma ask character questions and you guys can pick which one you'd rather.

So if you had the choice to have ONLY one of these characters in the game....

Venom or Carnage

Venom. I think hes the better looking of the two and the other is just a writhing mass of 90's.

Carnage was never relevant, but I stand by that the idea behind Carnage is super solid. A serial killer with a terrifying symbiote suit. But im biased because I look at the symbiotes for what they could / should be (imagine them in real life, that shit would be fucking horrifying) and not what they are in the comics most time.

There was actually a Carnage solo book recently (last year? 2 years ago) that was quite decent, and it had Carnage basically be Alien (as in, the Alien monster from the movies), skulking around in darkness taking out a bunch of fbi people after him one by one.

that's the one I was talking about.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that's the one I was talking about.

16j4jyx.jpg1_.gif

Okay, so that was the easy round. I think we all are in an agreement that venom wins. (secretly changes answer to venom)

Let's make this one a little harder.

Doc Ock or Green Goblin

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how is that harder? Doc Ock of course, if only from the visuals, he would look awesome.

Green Goblin is basically Firebrand (with a glider)

Without the idiotic notion that we don't care that it's Magneto, is he really saying in that comment that only the "technical players" matter? Since (if his assumption is correct) they only care about character options, they don't need to cater to fans of very popular and well known characters? Do they not want to sell a copy of the game to the hundreds of thousands of fans out there who go see the X-Men movies because of Mag fucking neto and Wolverine?

I know it's just spin, but the comment implies that, so it's even a poorly constructed PR statement. God damn it Capcom.

how is that harder? Doc Ock of course, if only from the visuals, he would look awesome.

The key word there is little... im warming up. Dont you worry. I'll get to the rough ones. Im getting feedback of everyones choices on the board.

Rhaknar

Have you read Axis Carnage?

Remender's Venom is also really good

yes, it was alright. The good guy schtick was great at first but it got old surprisingly fast, at least for me.

And nobody is talking about the actual good Venom, which is Agent Venom Flash Thompson.

I feel really bad for Peter. He's stuck in this shitty position where he can't pin the blame on the ones who actually deserve it (Marvel) and he can't let it appear as though it was Capcpom's idea so he has to basically spout bullshit which will only serve to anger people further.

If we're asking about characters,

I really wanted to ask everyone what their perfect MVC (50 or less) roster would be but I didn't know if that was okay to make a topic about.

vg260

Okay, so that was the easy round. I think we all are in an agreement that venom wins. (secretly changes answer to venom)

Doc Ock or Green Goblin

Yup. I love GnG but didn't actually want Firebrand as it would cannibalize Goblin's chances.

I feel really bad for Peter. He's stuck in this shitty position where he can't pin the blame on the ones who actually deserve it (Marvel) and he can't let it appear as though it was Capcpom's idea so he has to basically spout bullshit which will only serve to anger people further.

Yeah. It's surely not easy. Like when Seth Killian had to explain SFxT gems and you knew he was probably dying inside.

Don't know if this has already been mentioned... But on MVCI's facebook, this was posted.

"The latest VERSUS build of MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE will be playable at Evolution 2017. Get hype and see you there! #MVCI #Evo2017"

RocBase

You think everyone is just gonna ditch this and go back to UMvC3?

Of course not, I'm referring to how much traction/new players this game will bring because of the extreme negative press surrounding it. To the point where even folks like JamesChen feel like they apparently can't get their own 2 cents on the matter taken seriously. I just don't like the look of any of this and what this could potentially entail for the game or scene, if it does at all.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Doc Ock or Green Goblin

It's not even hard. I would love to see Doctor Octopus getting revived for MVCI. They had almost everything ready for him but they just bumped into technical issues so he had to get cut. I would love it to see if they would bring him back since I figure current gen systems would be feasible for him.

jett

D-Member
If marketing is good and graphics are improved at all, 2M by the end of the year.

In it's current state, it'll probably sell at the same rate of SFV.

Unless this game somehow attracts the casual Marvel-loving masses, I think it will sell less than SFV, simply based on its current negative environment and the bad taste left in people's mouth after SFV.

I really wanted to ask everyone what they're perfect MVC (50 or less) roster would be but I didn't know if that was okay to make a topic about.

Jin and Captain Commando is all I want, but that'll never happen. At least with this roster, I'm content that I have Ultron and Jedah.

sephi22

I really wanted to ask everyone what they're perfect MVC (50 or less) roster would be but I didn't know if that was okay to make a topic about.
You start believing in roster wishlist threads... Coz you're in one.

rcVjoHW-THaPzSzjRwsdIQjEoD1pvuubCCOSpc15VhwakabjUf7EZNl1T9ce5grQoT2qLoLgRQ50tHwRPdJKCWhzqRrvYSYmnOU=w320-h136-nc

Only 370 pages to go through. Have fun. :)

You start believing in roster wishlist threads... Coz you're in one.

rcVjoHW-THaPzSzjRwsdIQjEoD1pvuubCCOSpc15VhwakabjUf7EZNl1T9ce5grQoT2qLoLgRQ50tHwRPdJKCWhzqRrvYSYmnOU=w320-h136-nc

Only 370 pages to go through. Have fun. :)

Can't believe I used the wrong "their" there

And, yeah...but considering the current roster I feel I might get different answers than the ones in this thread prior to the leaks

Yeesh. I hate the comment section and forums for MvCI just about everywhere, and maybe hate GAF's the least. The game has such a negative reputation just about everywhere. Hate to say it but man the leakers here (Ryce and others) have creamed this game's rep, and the negative things known were or are pretty much all via leaks from one or two people aside the character models. Wonder how it would ever be possible to kind of 'reset' things or make it positive.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm still salty neither Asura nor Gene made it in though.

I do think they have a shot at being in the game tho. Don't give up your hope on them yet. YET!

To lighten the mood around here. Imma ask character questions and you guys can pick which one you'd rather.

So if you had the choice to have ONLY one of these characters in the game....

Venom or Carnage

Venom since he's rumored to be in the game! :p

Ryce

It's not even hard. I would love to see Doctor Octopus getting revived for MVCI. They had almost everything ready for him but they just bumped into technical issues so he had to get cut. I would love it to see if they would bring him back since I figure current gen systems would be feasible for him.
Capcom really has no excuse not to include Doc Ock after Brainiac's implementation in Injustice 2. I'm also assuming 2v2 is far less technically taxing than 3v3, so hopefully the issues that prevented Doc Ock from being completed in MvC3 are no longer a concern.

sephi22

Can't believe I used the wrong "their" there

And, yeah...but considering the current roster I feel I might get different answers than the ones in this thread prior to the leaks
My dream roster is saved in a Google docs somewhere and if iirc it has 80 characters, 10 being X-Men. Will never happen :p

Yeesh. I hate the comment section and forums for MvCI just about everywhere, and maybe hate GAF's the least. The game has such a negative reputation just about everywhere. Hate to say it but man the leakers here (Ryce and others) have creamed this game's rep, and the negative things known were or are pretty much all via leaks from one or two people aside the character models. Wonder how it would ever be possible to kind of 'reset' things or make it positive.
At this point, just being out might be the best thing. The game seems fun, but this shit's just gonna fester between now and September.

on the default roster might help

Don't know if this has already been mentioned... But on MVCI's facebook, this was posted.

"The latest VERSUS build of MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE will be playable at Evolution 2017. Get hype and see you there! #MVCI #Evo2017"

Latest doesn't mean new, unfortunately. :(

That said, some people think it won't have new characters because they haven't announced more, and that's only half true. MvC3 pre-release had one build where a Capcom employee simply walked over, input a code, and it updated itself to unlock more characters. So there's potential that they could announce more characters during Evo and then unlock them. Not something to be hopeful for, but don't count it out entirely.

I mean, I guess even showing Spider-man would help because apparently some people actually believe he might not be in the game for some reason....

The best thing would be to show something completely unexpected though. Like, at this point I think people would go nuts for freaking Akuma just because he hasn't been leaked yet

I think Venom being in would help a lot.

To answers New's question: Carnage. Everyone hates him, but I don't. His first appearance was one of my fav stories. Maximum Carnage was ass and way too long, though. I always wanted to see how he'd be implemented in a fighting game like this.

Doc Ock. Green Goblin is my fav Spidey villain, but I've been eager to see the tentacle man since MVC3. I was confident he would've been in. Still salty about that.

I don't know, I saw a lot of love for Felicia (Black Cat) recently and I think she could be a fun trap-based character

I could see Capcom having fun with her luck based powers

The biggest fucking crime of all (outside of Chun-Li's...everything) is the lack of artwork for this game. No awesome Shinkiro art makes me so damn salty. All we have is the Cap Marvel, Ryu, Iron Man, X poster, the meth renders, and the damn cover. Nothing else.

Top Bottom